This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Lots of vegetables and flavorful shrimp combine to make easy Grilled shrimp kabobs. In 10 minutes or less, you can have dinner on the table! This recipe is so easy and absolutely delicious.
Grilled shrimp kabobs
Shrimp is such an easy meal idea any day of the week. It takes hardly anytime at all to prepare and cooks in minutes. I guarantee this recipe for grilled shrimp kabobs will come together faster than grabbing take out.
The assortment of veggies make the kabobs look so colorful. This meal is really a show stopper but without much effort.
The flavor is light and refreshing. It is a yummy meal that you will love to enjoy when it is hot and you don’t want to heat up your kitchen.
- raw shrimp -peeled and deveined
- Red Bell Pepper – cut into large pieces so you can thread on a skewer
- Zucchini- cut into large pieces
- Yellow Squash – cut into large pieces
- Red Onion – Sliced into large pieces
- Olive Oil
- Lemon – juiced
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
How to make grilled shrimp kabobs:
First, preheat your outdoor grill. You want it to reach 350 degrees over medium high heat.
The bamboo skewers need to be soaked for 30 minutes prior to using. This is to prevent the wood from catching on fire on the grill. You can use a shallow pan filled with warm water to soak the skewers and it will make it so easy. Now, if you use metal skewers, you will not need to soak them.
Next, rinse the shrimp and pat them dry.
Get a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, salt and red pepper flakes in it.
Combine everything together. Once it is well combined, add the shrimp and veggies.
How long should you marinate shrimp?
I like to marinade the shrimp for at least 30 minutes. You can do this overnight or earlier so that all you need to do at dinner time is put on the grill!
If you do this earlier, try using a gallon size ziplock bag. Shrimp marinade stores easily in the fridge and cleanup is so easy. Plus, if you have been gone all day, it is so nice to have all of the prep already finished.
Finally, thread the shrimp and veggies onto the skewers. Just keep making kabobs until you have used all the ingredients.
The shrimp does not take long at all. Grill on a grill or grill pan on the stove top for 3-5 minutes and then flip to the other side for another 3-5 minutes.
Place the shrimp kabobs across the grill grates.
Just make sure the shrimp is cooked through and the veggies are the desired tenderness. Be careful to not overcook them shrimp or it will become tough.
Cooked shrimp turns pink when cooked through. If you want, top with fresh parsley or other fresh herbs.
It is that easy! Serve and enjoy.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brown Rice or white rice is my favorite side dish for shrimp kabobs. Since there are vegetables on the kabobs, you don’t need much more veggies. However, these are also great served with a simple salad or steamed broccoli.
Since shrimp cooks so quickly we recommend grilling shrimp kabobs with the lid open.
We recommend peeling shrimp before grilling.
What to serve with shrimp kabobs?
- Grilled Green Beans
- Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob
- How to Steam Broccoli in the Microwave
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- See Side Dishes for Shrimp for more ideas
- For an option that you can reuse, try metal skewers instead of wooden skewers. They are so handy if you make kabobs a lot like we do. Plus, you don’t need to soak them.
- I like to use grilling tongs to easily flip the shrimp skewers over. This is so handy and will help to prevent burning your hand. Another option to try that you might like are these grilling mitts.
- Veggies- Substitute or add vegetables based on what your family likes. Sometimes, I will make a few skewers with just veggies. They are so good with the marinate and you can easily adapt each skewer for friends and family tastes.
Print this easy grilled shrimp kabob recipe:
Grilled shrimp kabobs
- Preheat an outdoor grill over medium high heat until the grill reaches 350 degrees F. Soak bamboo skewers in a shallow pan filled with warm water. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, salt and red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to thoroughly combine these ingredients.
- Add the shrimp and veggies to the marinade and let it marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp and veggies onto the skewers. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes on each each side until the shrimp is cooked through and the veggies are the tenderness that you prefer.
- Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy kabob recipes:
- Chicken on a Stick Recipe
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabob Recipe
- Turkey and Cheese Kabob Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe
- Shish kabob recipe
- vegetable kabobs recipe