This delicious vegetable kabobs recipe is an easy and healthy side dish option. It is so tasty and flavor packed from the simple marinade. Serve it with grilled chicken or enjoy as a vegetarian option.
Vegetable kabobs recipe
We love to grill and frequently make Grilled Chicken Kabobs and Shrimp Kabobs. I always love the veggies so thought why not make kabobs with just vegetables? The results were amazing and I love having this healthy and delicious option.
It is a great way to use up veggies from the garden or farmer’s market that are in abundance. You can easily substitute or add vegetables based on what you have on hand. The skewers are also super easy to customize for what everyone likes.
The marinade is light and perfect for Summer. It is not hard at all to make and you probably already have what you need to make the marinade.
Let’s get started!
For the Kabobs:
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Yellow Squash
For the Marinade:
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper
Let’s make Vegetable Kabobs marinade.
First, add the marinade ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
How to make vegetable kabobs:
Second, thread the veggies and mushrooms on the skewers. Keep making them until you run out of vegetables.
Finally, use a basting brush and brush the marinade all over the vegetables on the skewers.
Fire up your grill on medium high heat.
Place the vegetable kabobs on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. This will vary based on preference. Just cook until they are the tenderness that you and your family prefer.
It is that simple! Enjoy!
Tip: You can also bake these veggie kabobs in the oven. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the veggies are tender at 350 degrees.
This easy side dish is absolutely delicious and great for any night of the week. Give this a try and let us know how it turns out for you by leaving a comment.
How Long to Soak Skewers:
Wooden skewers need to soak in water at least 30 minutes before using. This is to prevent the wood from burning.
If you are using metal skewers, they do not need to be soaked. However, make sure to handle with care using a hot pad.
We enjoy making kabobs and do this frequently. If you do as well, it might be worth it to invest in a couple of packs of skewers.
Tips for Grilled Vegetable Kabobs:
- Helpful tools: Try using grilling tongs to easily turn the veggie skewers. They are really handy and easier to use than a fork. It helps so that you do not burn your hand. You can also try using grilling mitts.
- Cut the veggies into 1 inch Pieces so they will be easy to thread on the skewers. If you cut them too small or too thin, it will make it difficult to thread and they will be more likely to fall off.
- Use what you have! You don’t have to use the exact veggies we used. Feel free to adapt this recipe based on your preference or what you have in the fridge. Brussel Sprouts with balsamic vinegar taste amazing too. Baby potatoes are also a great idea.
Print this recipe for vegetable kabobs:
This delicious vegetable kabobs recipe is an easy and healthy side dish option. It is so tasty and flavor packed from the simple marinade.
- For the Kabobs:
- 2 cups Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Cut into 1 inch Pieces
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Cut into 1 inch Pieces
- 1 Red Onion Cut into 1 inch Pieces
- 1 Zucchini sliced into thick pieces
- 1 Yellow Squash sliced into thick pieces
- For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
Thread the veggies and mushrooms onto skewers.
Use a basting brush to brush the marinade onto the vegetables on the skewers.
Heat a grill over medium high heat.
Grill the vegetable kabobs for 3-5 minutes per side until the veggies are the tenderness that you prefer.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Skewers – if using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes before using
If using metal skewers, handle with care using a hot pad
More Grilled Veggie Side Dishes:
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini Recipe
- Balsamic Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Zucchini with Teriyaki Sauce
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Grilled Green Beans
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob