This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Grilled Shrimp Foil Packet recipe is a mess free and flavor packed dinner idea. The shrimp has the perfect blend of seasoning and takes only minutes to cook.
In less than 10 minutes, I can get dinner on the table. I am pretty sure that is faster than take out and definitely tastes better. This is easy seafood recipe and it is one of our favorites.
The delicious lemon garlic flavor is taste amazing on the shrimp. Not to mention clean up is simple as tossing the foil. If you love shrimp, also try our Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
I love making foil pack recipes because they become an easy weeknight dinner. It makes cleanup a breeze and you easily add smoked sausage, andouille sausages and vegetables for a delicious addition.
These foil packs are made with simple ingredients and can easily be cooked in the oven or on the grill.
- Shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- Parsley, chopped
- Butter, diced into small pieces
- Lemon, juiced
- Minced Garlic . You can also use garlic powder.
- Aluminum Foil. Heavy duty foil is best when grilling. It is sturdy and helps to prevent spills. If you are using regular foil, I suggest doubling it.
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe in the recipe card.
- Seasoning. This is a quick and easy to change the flavor of raw shrimp. Some ideas include: Cajun spices, black pepper, red pepper flakes, only Garlic, butter and Parmesan cheese and taco seasoning with lime. It is optional but you can marinate using a large bowl.
- Veggies. Dice your favorite vegetables and put inside the foil pack with the shrimp and melted butter or olive oil. This will make for a complete meal. Try using cherry tomatoes, squash, zucchini or onion.
- Shrimp boil. Add corn and potatoes with Cajun seasoning to make an easy shrimp boil foil packet. We like Old Bay seasoning. The Cajun shrimp is delicious with red potatoes, corn on the cob and lemon wedges.
- Alfredo. Make your favorite alfredo sauce to serve over fettuccine. Top with grilled shrimp for an amazing meal in minutes.
- Shrimp Bowls. Create a bowl with your favorite salad greens, black beans, guacamole, pico de gallo and shrimp.
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the grill. It needs to preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the foil sheets out. Place the shrimp in a large piece of foil. Top with the parsley, butter, lemon juice and garlic.
- Seal the edges of the packet. Roll the foil into a foil packet so the ingredients stay in place. You don’t want any of the delicious ingredients falling into the grill.
- Put the packets on the grill. Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and pink.
- Open and enjoy. Carefully open the foil packet, remove shrimp and enjoy!
- Type of Shrimp – Large shrimp work the best in this recipe that have been peeled and deveined. I don’t recommend small shrimp because it is too easy to overcook them.
- Fresh Shrimp – We prefer fresh but you can use frozen shrimp. Just make sure to allow it to thaw before grilling. The fastest way to thaw is to place the shrimp in a colander and let cold water run over them.
- Cooking Shrimp – Do not overcook the shrimp or it will be tough and lose flavor.
- Foil – Double the foil or use heavy duty foil to prevent it from breaking on the grill. It makes it more sturdy to handle.
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe – This veggie side dish is ideal if you want to have the entire dinner on the grill. There isn’t any clean up at all.
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini . Grilled veggies have extra flavor making the zucchini just amazing.
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes . Diced potatoes in foil cook quickly due to their size.
- Easy Parmesan Pasta . My kids could eat this pasta with shrimp all the time. It is the best.
This is such an easy recipe so make sure to keep the side dishes quick and simple as well. Your family can enjoy a delicious dinner without a ton of time or work.
See Side Dishes for Shrimp for more ideas.
How to Cook Shrimp Foil Packets in the Oven
Sometimes the weather is not suitable for grilling so you might want to bake these foil packets instead. Simply prepare them as normal.
Then place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes.
This method is fast and easy for another option. We love to grill but there are some days it just isn’t possible. Give this baking option a try on those days.
You will love the shrimp and it still has tons of flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Make the foil packets the night before and place in the fridge. They will be ready to go on the grill the next day for an easy dinner.
This is a great way to meal prep and makes it so easy on busy weeknights. You can toss on the grill and you are set
Store any leftover shrimp inside an airtight container. Place in the refrigerator up to 3 days. See Leftover Shrimp Recipes.
It does not take long so be careful not to overcook the shrimp. In just about 8 to 10 minutes on the grill using high heat, the shrimp should be ready.
The color should be pink on both sides. This easy meal is ready in less than 15 minute for the best dinner.
More Grilled Seafood Recipes
If you make this Grilled Shrimp Foil Packs Recipe, please leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
Grilled Shrimp Foil Packet
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Place the shrimp in a large piece of foil. Top with the parsley, butter, lemon juice and garlic.
- Make the foil into a foil packet.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and pink.
- Carefully open the foil packet, remove shrimp and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe