This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Steak and Potato Foil Pack has perfectly seasoned steak and potatoes. It is a delicious dinner and so tender. The sirloin is so tender and takes just minutes to cook.
Steak and Potato Foil Pack
The flavor of the meat and potatoes is so delicious. The seasoning blend and grill flavor combine for a tasty meal. The butter and garlic come together for such a wonderful garlic butter sauce all over the potato foil packets.
We love to grill these but you can also cook them in the oven. This top sirloin and potato foil packs recipe is an easy way to enjoy a great dinner. We can make this even on busy school nights.
- Sirloin Steak
- Baby Potatoes, quartered
- onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Butter, diced into small pieces.
How to make steak and potato foil packs:
- Step 1. Preheat the grill. The grill needs to be set to medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2. Prepare the steak. Cut the steak into 1-inch pieces. Then place the steak, potatoes, onions, olive oil, parsley, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Toss to thoroughly coat the ingredients with the seasonings.
- Step 3. Make the foil packets. Place the ingredients in the center of 4 different pieces of aluminum foil that are at least 12X12 inches. Top each one with the diced butter.
- Step 4. Seal the foil packets. Place the packets on the grill. Cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the steak is cooked to the preference that you prefer and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Step 5. Serve and enjoy. Be careful when opening the foil packet and enjoy immediately while warm. The steam will be extremely hot so please be careful.
How long to grill steak and potato foil pack?
If you are wondering how long to cook steak and potato foil pack, they need to cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side. This will vary based on how you like your steak cooked.
The recipe does not take any longer than 20 minutes to 30 minutes cook time.
How to make steak and potatoes foil pack in oven:
- Prepare the foil packets as normal.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees. It will take 10 to 15 minutes to cook based on steak preference. Just make sure the potatoes are tender before serving.
This is a great option when the weather does not allow for grilling. They are just as delicious.
Tips for Steak and potato foil packet:
- Foil. Make sure to use heavy duty foil so that it doesn’t break when making this recipe. If you only have regular foil, I would double it when making the foil packets.
- Preheat. Make sure to preheat the grill before placing the foil packets to cook.
- Parboil Potatoes. If you are concerned about the potatoes taking longer to cook, you can parboil them ahead of time. It is not necessary but optional if you need to speed things up.
- Make in advance. I often prepare the foil packets that morning or the night before. Then store in the fridge and grill at dinner. This helps during busy weeknights and you can just grill and go.
Substitutions and Additions
- Seasoning. Substitute any type of seasoning you have on hand. Fresh herbs and fresh garlic can also be used.
- Potatoes. Instead of baby potatoes, try using red potatoes, russet, fingerling or Yukon golds potatoes. Just make sure to dice them all the same size for even cooking.
- Steak. Feel free to use your favorite cut of steak or whatever you prefer. You might want to use what you can find available on sale. I prefer sirloin because it cooks so well in this recipe.
- Vegetables. You can include everything you need for the meal in the foil packet.by adding a few veggies. Some ideas include green beans, asparagus, zucchini and squash.
- Onions. I think the onion gives the recipe so much flavor. However, you can omit them if you don’t care for them. Another option is to leave them in large chunks so they will get the flavor from cooking and then remove them before serving.
What to serve with steak and potatoes?
- Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe. Keep things simple and make another foil pack for the side. These veggies cook in minutes and taste amazing on the grill. Your kitchen will also stay cool.
- Corn on the Cob. Keep the kitchen cool and grill corn for an easy side dish.
- Easy Caesar Salad Recipe. We often serve this meal with a Caesar salad. It goes perfectly with the steak and potatoes.
How to store leftovers and reheat:
Remove the steak and potatoes from the foil pack. Place the leftovers inside an airtight container. I like to go ahead and put the steak and potatoes in individual containers for easy meals on the go.
When ready to enjoy, reheat in the microwave until heated through. Leftovers will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Skip takeout and make this easy meal.
Anyone can enjoy a great meal even during busy times. This delicious Steak and Potato Foil Pack is a great example of an easy but tasty meal.
You can make the foil packets and grill them in less time than going to get take out. Enjoy a fabulous meal with your family without much effort. This meal is also inexpensive since you are combining the bites of steak with potatoes.
Print this steak and potato foil pack recipe below:
Steak and Potatoes Foil Packs
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Cut the steak into 1 inch pieces. Then place the steak, potatoes, onions, olive oil, parsley, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Toss to thoroughly coat the ingredients with the seasonings.
- Place the ingredients in the center of 4 different pieces of foil that are at least 12X12 inches. Top each one with the diced butter.
- Seal the foil packet and place them on the grill. Cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the steak is cooked to the preference that you prefer and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Be careful when opening the foil packet and enjoy immediately while warm.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More foil pack recipes:
- Chicken Foil Packets
- Grilled shrimp foil packet
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Foil Packet
- Shrimp Boil Foil Pack