This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These easy to make Chicken Foil Packets taste delicious and make cleanup a breeze. The wonderful blend of bacon, ranch and cheese combine into the best Crack Chicken Foil packets.
Crack Chicken Foil packets
Get dinner on the table in less than 25 minutes with baked chicken foil packets. Boneless skinless chicken breasts take very little time to cook making this perfect for busy nights.
We love foil packets because there is literally no clean up at all. Everything turns out so tender and delicious too.
Even better, you can grill or bake these tasty foil packets!
What is crack chicken?
Crack Chicken is a blend of cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon. The Ranch seasoning makes it even better with the chicken and other ingredients.
This classic combination is what makes Crack Chicken so popular.
- Chicken Breasts
- Baby Potatoes
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Butter, melted
- Bacon, cooked
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
How to grill chicken foil packets:
- Step 1. Fire up the grill. Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2. Get out a large bowl. Mix the ranch seasoning mixture and melted butter together in a large bowl. Then stir in the diced chicken, potatoes and half of the bacon slices.
- Step 3. Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil. Place the ingredients in the center of 4 different pieces of foil that are at least 12X12 inches. Top each of the packets with the diced cream cheese.
- Step 4. Fold the foil packets. Seal the foil packet and place them on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature for 165 degrees F and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Step 5. Add the cheese and bacon to each chicken packet. Then carefully open each of the foil packs. Top each pack with approximately ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and the remaining bacon. Seal the foil back up and allow the heat from the meal to melt the cheese (5-10 minutes).
- Step 6. Serve and enjoy. Then the foil packets are ready to open, serve and enjoy!
How to bake chicken foil packets:
If the weather does not allow for grilling, try these tasty packets in the oven.
- Step 1. Preheat the oven. It should be set to 400 degrees.
- Step 2. Make the foil packets. Follow the recipe instructions.
- Step 3. Place on a baking sheet. I prefer to put the foil packets on a baking sheet. It is easier to remove from the oven but it is not necessary.
- Step 4. Bake for 30 to 30 minutes. I like to use my internal meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked. It should be 165 degrees.
- Step 5. Top with cheese and bacon. Open each packet and at the remaining cheese and bacon. Seal and bake until melted for about 10 minutes.
How long to cook chicken foil packets in oven:
Since we are using boneless chicken breasts, the cooking time is minimum. Baking the chicken foil packets should take about 30 minutes.
We suggest using a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is fully cooked. The internal temp of chicken should be 165 degrees.
If you use other cuts of chicken, the baking time will vary.
What to serve with crack chicken:
- Green Beans. Oven Roasted Green Beans are really yummy with Crack Chicken.
- Salad. Toss together a simple green salad with your favorite veggies.
- Corn on the Cob. This is always a favorite side dish with the kids.
These are delicious options. However, the foil packets have chicken and potatoes inside. So, you really do not need to add much to the meal.
Tips for Grilled Crack Chicken Foil Packs:
- Heavy Duty Foil. Make sure to use heavy duty foil so that it doesn’t break when making this recipe.
- Bacon. You can use your favorite types of bacon in this recipe. Make sure that it’s cooked and crispy before using in this recipe.
- Make in advance. The foil packs can be assembled ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 24 hours before ready to grill or bake.
Crack Chicken Foil Pack Variations:
- Potatoes. You can also use fingerling potatoes or yukon gold potatoes as well. Just make sure to dice them into smaller pieces so that the potatoes are done at the same time as the chicken.
- Seasoning. Try adding minced garlic or garlic powder to the melted butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Vegetables. Onions and bell peppers with a little olive oil taste great with foil pack chicken recipes. Mushrooms also taste delicious.
- Cheese. You can substitute any type of cheese you prefer in this recipe. Some ideas include: Colby, Monterrey Jack or Muenster cheese.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can reheat in the foil packet in the oven or grill.
If you prefer the microwave, just take out of the foil and place into a microwave safe container. We all enjoy these leftovers for quick lunches during the week.
Try this tasty and quick dinner idea.
This recipe is the perfect example of delicious meals that do not take forever to prepare. Cleanup is equally easy. It is also a great way to stretch your meat budget with potatoes mixed together with the diced chicken.
It is a great recipe to make any day of the week. You can easily prepare these ahead of time and they will be ready to go that evening. Give this delicious recipe a try for the best meal.
Print the recipe for Chicken Foil Packets:
Grilled Crack Chicken Foil Packs
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Mix the ranch seasoning mixture and melted butter together in a large bowl. Then stir in the diced chicken, potatoes and half of the bacon slices.
- Place the ingredients in the center of 4 different pieces of foil that are at least 12X12 inches. Top each of the packets with the diced cream cheese.
- Seal the foil packet and place them on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature for 165 degrees F and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Then carefully open each of the foil packs. Top each pack with approximately ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and the remaining bacon. Seal the foil back up and allow the heat from the meal to melt the cheese (5-10 minutes).
- Then the foil packets are ready to open, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More crack chicken recipes:
- Crack Chicken Sliders
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta Recipe
More easy foil packet recipes:
- Grilled shrimp foil packet
- Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packet
- Steak and Potato Foil Packs
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Foil Packet
- Foil Pack Grilled Red Potatoes
- Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe