This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to make Hibachi Shrimp Recipe similar to what they serve at the Japanese Steakhouse. Pair with fried rice and hibachi vegetables to complete the meal.
Best recipe for hibachi shrimp
We have the easiest and best recipe for hibachi shrimp. Save your money and skip the expensive meals at the Japanese Steakhouse. Once you see how fast and simple this is, you will love to cook this frequently.
With our easy tips and tricks, you will be a pro in no time at all.
What is Hibachi Shrimp?
Hibachi refers to a method of cooking that involves high heat. The food is typically cooked in a wok or flat top grill.
Seasonings often include garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil. This method of cooking is pretty fast.
- Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Minced Garlic
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Black Pepper
How to make hibachi shrimp
- Step 1. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. High heat is what sets hibachi style cooking apart so this is important.
- Step 2. Combine the hibachi sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin and black pepper. Set aside.
- Step 3. Sauté the garlic and butter. Melt the butter in the pan and spread it around the grill with a spatula. Add the minced garlic and sauté for approximately 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Step 4. Place the shrimp in the pan. Then add in the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp in the butter.
- Step 5. Add the sauce. Pour the sauce on top of the shrimp and toss to fully coat the shrimp in the sauce. You want every bit of the shrimp in that delicious seasoning blend.
- Step 6. Cook the shrimp. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through (shrimp will be pink). It does not take long to cook shrimp so keep a close eye on it. You do not want to over cook it.
- Step 7. Remove the shrimp from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
What to serve with hibachi shrimp?
- Yum Yum Sauce. This tasty sauce is a popular serving option for hibachi shrimp or hibachi steak. Skip the store bought bottles and make this easily at home.
- Fried Rice. Hibachi shrimp pairs perfectly with fried rice. Your family will feel like they are eating out with this tasty combination.
- Hibachi Vegetables. Cook your favorite vegetables with olive oil over high heat and use the same sauce as the shrimp. We like to use zucchini, carrots, onion and mushroom.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. This recipe still taste delicious the next day.
We love to store leftovers in individual containers to easily grab for lunches. Shrimp taste amazing leftover. See our Leftover Shrimp Recipes .
What is Hibachi Sauce Made of?
Most Hibachi chefs use soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil to season the shrimp. This can also be used to season the white rice while cooking. The delicious blend of butter garlic and more taste fabulous with shrimp and vegetables.
Sometimes ginger is also added depending on what is being cooked in the hibachi recipe. It all results in a one of a kind meal that will be a hit with the entire family.
- Mirin. If you cannot find Mirin in your area, you can use dry sherry or marsala wine instead. Dry white wine or rice vinegar will work in this recipe too. Any of these options will be delicious in this recipe.
- Raw Shrimp. You do not want to use precooked shrimp in this recipe. While the raw shrimp cooks, it gives it plenty of time to soak in all the delicious flavors. We suggest shrimp that is already peeled to make it simple.
- Don’t over cook. Shrimp takes only a few minutes to cook. They will become rubbery and tough if over cooked.
- Soy Sauce. You can substitute lower sodium soy sauce if you prefer. Be careful with extra seasonings such as salt and pepper. Due to the saltiness of the soy sauce, you do not typically need to add any salt to the stir fry.
- Sear the shrimp. Stir fry the shrimp so it has seared edges for extra flavor.
- Large pan or wok. The cooking space needs to be large enough so that the shrimp can easily fit in one layer. You do not want them stacked on top of each other or they won’t properly cook.
Everyone will love Hibachi Shrimp.
This fabulous recipe is one of the easiest meals to prepare. You can get dinner on the table faster than going to get take out.
It is healthy and delicious. Hibachi style meals can be pricey at restaurants so you will save a bunch of money. It is a win all around for the entire family because you can enjoy this more frequently.
Make this easy recipe for Hibachi Shrimp this week for an instant hit with your family.
Print this Hibachi shrimp recipe:
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin and black pepper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan and spread it around the grill with a spatula. Add the minced garlic and sauté for approximately 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Then add in the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp in the butter.
- Pour the sauce on top of the shrimp and toss to fully coat the shrimp in the sauce.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through (shrimp will be pink).
- Remove the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Asian Inspired Recipes
- Asian Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Crock Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Recipe