This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Skip take out and make this easy Beef Stir Fry Recipe instead. In just minutes, this meal with flavorful veggies and tender beef will be ready to enjoy.
Easy Beef Stir Fry Recipe:
Our schedule is so crazy but even on super busy days, I can still make this easy beef stir fry recipe. It literally takes minutes and I can throw this together. The beef is really tender and has great flavor from the delicious seasonings.
The bell peppers not only look gorgeous but taste great. These ingredients combine make a flavorful stir fry recipe. I love making stir fry at home because I can control ingredients and it is much healthier than Chinese Take Out.
If you enjoyed our Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry, easy chicken stir fry recipe or Shrimp Stir Fry, you will definitely like this easy beef stir fry. You can serve this straight from the skillet or add a side of white rice. This beef stir fry recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner.
Beef Type of Beef for Stir Fry:
There are many different types of beef to use for this stir fry. We like how the round steak cooks, but we have also used sirloin steak and flank steak.
All of these are affordable and taste great in this stir fry.
- Round Steak
- Red Bell Pepper
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onions
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Beef Stir Fry:
- Step 1 – Combine Sauce Ingredients – In a small bowl, whisk together the stir fry sauce ingredients. Then set sauce aside.
- Step 2 – Add the beef – Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the steak. Sauté the steak for 3-5 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Step 3 – Add in the Vegetables – Reduce the heat to medium high heat and add in the veggies (broccoli, bell peppers and carrots). Cook, stirring occasionally, and cook until tender but still crispy.
- Step 4 – Cook the Garlic – Then stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is aromatic.
- Step 5 – Stir in the Sauce – Stir in the stir fry sauce and stir to coat the steak and vegetables with the sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, and let the mixture boil for 1 minute to thicken the sauce.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Top with sesame and green onions. Serve as is or over rice. This stir fry is ready in less than 30 minutes.
How to Cut Beef for Stir-Fry:
Cutting the beef for the Stir Fry is easy to do, but it needs to be cut a certain way. This allows the steak to cook flavorful and evenly.
- Place the steak on a cutting board.
- Begin by trimming the tough tissues around the steak with a sharp knife.
- Look at the steak and see how the grain in going in the steak.
- Begin slicing thin slices across the grain. We usually cut about ¼ inch thick.
What Vegetables are Best for Stir Fry?
We love to have a veggie filled beef and vegetable stir fry. There are so many options and it is a great time to use what you have on hand. These are some of my favorites.
- Baby corn
- Red Bell Peppers
- Green Bell Peppers
What other Kind of Steak Can you Use?
When choosing a steak for your stir fry, we recommend choosing one that is tender and that can be easily sliced. These are some of my favorites.
- Flank Steak
How do you Make Stir Fry Beef Tender?
There are a few tips to try to make sure your beef is tender. You can marinade the meat but what if you don’t have time for that?
Another option is to use a meat mallet to tenderize the meat before cooking. This is quick and very easy.
You can also just cook the meat very slowly and on low. This will help to make sure the meat is tender.
What to Serve with Beef Stir Fry:
- Fried Rice – You serve chicken stir fry with white rice, jasmine rice, or even brown rice. You can prepare your rice in a rice cooker and on the stove top.
- Low Carb Option – Make some cauliflower for an amazing side dish. Quinoa is also a great low carb option that goes well this this chicken stir fry.
- Noodles – Mix the stir fry with some ramen noodles, rice noodles or even linguine.
Easy Beef Stir Fry Tips:
- Prepare Vegetables – When we plan on making stir fry for dinner, I have one of my kids cut and prepare the vegetables. This makes dinner time a breeze when we just have to toss the vegetable in the stir fry. Make sure to cut the vegetables about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Cook Beef First – We recommend cooking beef first. This ensure the beef gets that crispy texture and gets cooked thoroughly. Cook beef in a Hot Skillet with oil. We recommend using a cast iron skillet.
- Don’t Overcook Ingredients – When preparing the beef and vegetables, make sure that you do not overcook them. This allows the beef to be juicy and the vegetables a crisp tenderness to them.
- Stir Fry Sauce – Once you add the sauce to the beef mixture, make sure you allow the sauce to boil. This allows for the sauce to be thick and provides a flavorful texture with the stir fry.
You can add or omit veggies depending on what your preference is. It is super easy to adapt this meal.
- green onion
- teriyaki sauce
- sesame seeds
- stir fry vegetables
- snow peas
- red pepper flakes
- and more!
Just use what your family likes.
How to Store Beef Stir Fry:
Beef Stir Fry is easy to store. Place your leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. It will last up to 5 days.
We think this stir fry taste even better the next day. The stir fry sauce really marinades in the beef and vegetables to give it amazing flavor.
This easy beef stir fry recipe is great if you want to meal prep with for the week.
How to Reheat Beef Stir Fry:
This beef stir fry reheats easily in the microwave. But you can also reheat on the stove top. This allows for the beef and vegetables to reheat thoroughly.
Print Easy Beef Stir Fry Recipe:
Beef Stir Fry Recipe
For the Beef and Vegetables:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the stir fry sauce ingredients. Then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the steak. Sauté the steak for 3-5 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to medium high heat and add in the veggies (broccoli, bell peppers and carrots). Cook, stirring occasionally, and cook until tender but still crispy.
- Then stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is aromatic.
- Stir in the stir fry sauce and stir to coat the steak and vegetables with the sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, and let the mixture boil for 1 minute to thicken the sauce.
- Top with sesame and sliced green onions. Serve as is or over rice. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Beef Skillet Recipes:
- Beef and Macaroni Skillet Dinner
- Mongolian Beef and Noodles Dinner
- Skillet Beef Burrito Recipe with Rice and Beans