This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Yum Yum Sauce is a light and tangy sauce that you are served at most Japanese Restaurants. It is perfect for dipping many different Hibachi Recipes.
Homemade Yum Yum Sauce Recipe:
This Homemade Yum Yum Sauce is easy to make with simple ingredients. It is creamy, delicious and flavorful. We love making our own sauces from scratch so we can control the ingredients.
We love to go to the Hibachi restaurants where they cook in front of you. They serve us many different sauces, but the Yum Yum Sauce is our favorite. It is perfect for dipping shrimp, steak, and chicken in.
This mayo based sauce is always a crowd favorite. I love to keep this sauce on hand to serve in many different ways. You will be surprised how easy it is to make and how flavorful it is.
What is Yum Yum Sauce?
Yum Yum Sauce is a popular sauce that is served at Japanese Hibachi Restaurants. This sauce is made with simple ingredients which includes mayonnaise, butter, sriracha and easy seasoning.
It is light, sweet and tangy and perfect to dip all your Hibachi Cooked food in. If you go to a Hibachi Restaurant it is one of the dipping sauces they give you to dip your food in. But my kids also love to dip their fries and chicken nuggets.
Yum Yum sauce ingredients are already stocked in your pantry. We keep a jar of this yummy sauce in our refrigerator at all times. You can use Ketchup or tomato paste instead of Sriracha sauce in this recipe if you prefer.
You will be amazed how homemade sauce taste better than store bought sauce.
- Butter, melted
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Rice Vinegar
How to Make Yum Yum Sauce:
- Step 1 – Combine ingredients – Whisk all the ingredients except for the water in a mixing bowl.
- Step 2 – Add Water – Slowly add in the water until the sauce is the consistency that you prefer.
- Step 3 – Refrigerate – Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
What do you use Yum Yum Sauce for?
There are many different uses for Yum Yum Sauce. These are some of our favorites.
- Grilled Meats – Anytime I make grilled shrimp, grilled chicken or grilled salmon, I always have a side of this sauce to dip the grilled meats in.
- Spread for your burgers – Skip the mayonnaise and mustard and spread this sauce on your buns. Perfect on your grilled burgers and hot dogs.
- French Fries – Perfect dipping sauce for your fries.
- Vegetable Tray – We love making vegetables trays with ranch dipping sauce, but recently have been adding a side of this sauce. My kids will actually eat the vegetables because of this dipping sauce.
- Chicken Tenders – This dipping sauce is great for dipping your chicken tenders in.
- Fried Rice – If you have made a batch of fried rice, drizzle some yum yum sauce of the top.
How to Use Yum Yum Sauce:
- Pasta Salad – If you are making a batch of pasta salad, mix in a this sauce instead of plain mayonnaise.
- Bake Potatoes – Drizzle Yum Yum Sauce over your bake potatoes to change the flavor of your potato.
- Stir Fry – This is the perfect sauce to use for a stir fry. We like to add a little when we are cooking our meats on the skillet. It gives it so much flavor.
Yum Yum Sauce Tips:
- Desired Consistency and Flavor – Add more seasoning or liquid to have it more spicier or as think as you like it. That is why we love making our own sauce, as I can make it just like my family wants it.
- Let the sauce Set – We recommend letting the sauce set in the refrigerator before serving. It is best to let it set overnight which allows for all the seasoning to blend.
- Meal Prep – Since the ingredients are simple and usually have on hand, we like to keep this sauce stocked in the refrigerator.
- Melted Butter – When mixing the ingredients make sure your butter is melted.
- Shrimp Sauce – We love shrimp and this is the perfect dipping shrimp into.
Variations or Substitutes for Yum Yum Sauce:
- Sriracha Sauce Substitute – You can use Ketchup or tomato paste instead of Sriracha sauce or hot sauce in this mayonnaise based recipe if you prefer.
- Smoked Paprika – We used regular paprika, but you can definitely use smoked paprika if you prefer.
- White Sauce – Adding in the Sriracha and the paprika turns the white sauce into a flavor yum yum sauce.
- Cayenne Pepper – We love the flavor and spice that cayenne pepper gives the sauce. But you do not have to add it if it is too spicy.
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 10 days. We like to make this at the beginning of the week as part of my meal prep. It becomes more creamier as it refrigerates.
Print Recipe here for Yum Yum Sauce:
Yum Yum Sauce
- Whisk all the ingredients except for the water in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add in the water until the sauce is the consistency that you prefer.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe