Homemade Worcestershire Sauce is just what your pantry needs. This flavorful sauce is easy to make with simple ingredients.
Homemade Worcestershire Sauce Recipe:
Making Worcestershire Sauce Homemade is surprisingly easy with simple ingredients. This flavor enhancing sauce is just what your pantry needs. Only 4 ingredients are needed and probably already have them.
We love making homemade seasoning blends and now we can make our favorite Worcestershire sauce homemade. This sauce can be added to many different recipes. We like to add to our favorite soup recipe when it is missing something.
Making homemade Worcestershire means you know exactly what ingredients you are adding. The store bought sauce has ingredients that we can’t even pronounce. Easy and delicious Worcestershire Sauce made at home.
This easy recipe is a great substitute for the store bought. See all our other The Best Worcestershire Sauce Substitutes.
What is Worcestershire Sauce?
Worcestershire Sauce is a fermented condiment that is a vinegar base. It usually is made with anchovies, onions, garlic and many other seasoning. It is a sweet and savory flavor but with a slight vinegar tang.
What does Worcestershire Sauce taste like?
Worcestershire Sauce has a very savory flavor. This is because of the soy sauce that is added. It also has a sour taste because of the vinegar. But a hint of sweet if you add in brown sugar.
A few drops is all that is needed when adding to a dish. It is one of the most concentrated condiments that is used. Make sure to do a taste test before adding in to much.
There are many different ways to make Worcestershire Sauce. Some recipes call for a long list of ingredients. Our recipe calls for 4 simple ingredients and it taste amazing just as if you bought it at the store.
- White Wine Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Hot Sauce
How to Make Worcestershire Sauce at Home:
- Combine Ingredients – Whisk all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. There is no need to heat in a medium saucepan. It is ready to serve.
- Enjoy your homemade sauce – Then use instead of Worcestershire Sauce in all your favorite recipes.
Homemade Worcestershire Sauce Tips:
- Storing – Fresh Worcestershire sauce is best kept in the refrigerator in an air tight container. If you want it to last longer you can following a canning process.
- Add Flavor – Worcestershire Sauce can be used in many different dishes. It is a good background flavor to many soups, gravies, meats, and vegetable juices.
- Substituting – If you are out of this homemade sauce, you can use fish sauce or simply just soy sauce to add flavor.
- Sweetened – If you prefer to sweeten the sauce, you can use white sugar or a high fructose corn syrup to mix in with the other ingredients.
- Onion Powder – Some recipes call for a ground clove garlic and onion. You can easily add in as a powder form. Black pepper is also a good addition.
- Vinegar – We used white vinegar but you can easily use apple cider vinegar if that is all you have.
Do you Refrigerate Worcestershire Sauce?
Keep this substitute in an air tight container in the refrigerator. This homemade sauce will last for a few weeks.
What is the Main Ingredient of Worcestershire Sauce?
The main ingredient is vinegar. It is the base of this fermented condiment.
How Long will it Last:
Homemade Sauce will last for a few weeks in the refrigerator. We like to store in a mason jar for to easily add to our favorite dishes.
Print Recipe here for Homemade Worcestershire Sauce:
Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Then use instead of Worcestershire Sauce in all your favorite recipes.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Homemade Sauce Recipes:
Recipes with Worcestershire Sauce:
There are many ways to use Worcestershire Sauce in Recipes.
- Dressing – If you make homemade dressings, adding in some of this easy homemade sauce gives it some much flavor. We recommend using it a Caesar Salad Dressing.
- Sauce – Add in this sauce condiment to your next homemade sauce recipes.
- Marinades – There is nothing better than a cook steak marinade. Worcestershire Sauce gives the meat so much flavor.
1. Crock Pot Chuck Roast Recipe:
Crock Pot Chuck Roast is a family favorite meal, especially Sunday. The roast comes out so tender, juicy and full of flavor. There is no need for a seasoning packet with these simple ingredients.
We love adding in Worcestershire Sauce with this Roast recipe because of the flavor it gives.
2. Crock Pot Beef Brisket Recipe:
The meat is so flavorful from being slow cooked all day. Come home to dinner ready and waiting for the best meal. Worcestershire Sauce mixed with the beef and the simple seasoning makes for an amazing beef brisket.
3. Slow Cooker Steak Soup Recipe:
We love soup around here especially when the weather gets cooler. This Slow Cooker Steak Soup Recipe is one of our favorites. It is so filling and packed with flavor. Each bite is full of delicious chunks of tender steak and noodles.
4. Shish Kabobs:
Whenever I grill, I love to make shish kabobs. It’s just a fun dinner idea and a great way to stretch your meat. The meal is super quick and so flavorful.