Shish kabobs are so easy and always a crowd pleaser. Alternate beef and veggies in a delicious marinade for the best meal in minutes.
Whenever I grill, I love to make shish kabobs. It’s just a fun dinner idea and a great way to stretch your meat. The meal is super quick and so flavorful.
Sometimes I spot shish kabobs at the grocery store ready to be grilled and I’m always amazed at how expensive they are. Don’t buy those and make them in minutes at home! They are not much work at all to make for a budget friendly meal.
Shish kabobs are so tasty and the marinade gives it all a really amazing flavor. You can meal prep and make these ahead of time to save time later. Let’s get started and I will show you all the best tips and tricks to make these.
- soy sauce
- Lemon – fresh lemon juice is best.
- olive oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- black pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic Powder
- beef sirloin – cut into 1 inch pieces
- Large Red Onion – cut into 1 inch pieces
- Red Bell Pepper – Cut into 1 inch pieces
- Yellow Bell Pepper – Cut into 1 inch pieces
How to make shish kabobs:
First, In a small bowl, combine and whisk together all ingredients for the marinade.
Second, get a large bowl and add the steak and vegetables to it.
Next, pour the marinade over the steak and veggies. Stir so that all of the steak pieces and veggies are coated with the marinade. Let this marinade for at least 30 minutes.
Finally, start making the kabobs. Alternate threading steak and veggies on the skewers.
Go ahead and heat the grill to medium-high heat.
Put the shish kabobs on the hot grill. Let the kabobs cook for 4-5 minutes. Carefully flip them and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Take them off the grill and enjoy!
What kind of meat is used in shish kebab?
We used beef sirloin but other ideas include: beef tenderloin, ribeye or New York strip. These do not take long to cook on the grill making them perfect for shish kebabs.
How long to marinate steak:
This recipe is most flavorful marinated at least 30 minutes but the longer the better.
Can you make kabobs the night before?
Yes! I do this frequently. Not only does it allow even more time for the kabobs to marinate but it makes it so easy when you are ready to grill.
Everything is already cut up and marinated. All you have to do is thread the skewers.
Tips for The best beef shish kabobs:
- Skewers – if using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes before using. This will prevent the wood from burning on the grill.
- If using metal skewers, handle with care using a hot pad. They will be hot!
- Helpful tools: You might like to use grilling tongs to turn the shish kabobs and easily remove them from the grill. Super helpful. Some people also like to use grilling mitts.
- Veggies- Feel free to add and omit what you like. I love mushrooms so often add those to several skewers. The beauty of this recipe is you can make them your own. It is so easy to adapt if you have friends and family that do not all like the same thing.
- Leftovers- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Parmesan Grilled Corn – This is super easy and SO good!
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Easy Microwave Potatoes
- German Potato salad
- Easy Pasta Salad
Print this shish kabob recipe below:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 lb beef sirloin cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Large Red Onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for marinade.
- Place the steak and veggies in a large bowl.
- Pour marinade over the steak and veggies and stir to thoroughly coat the steak and veggies with the marinade.
- Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread steak and vegetables onto skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place kabobs onto hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe