If you love a sweet and savory appetizer, make Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites. They are loaded with flavor and only require 3 ingredients.
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites Recipe:
Pineapple Wrapped in Bacon is the ultimate sweet and savory recipe. This easy appetizer is full of flavor and only requires a few ingredients. These are the perfect appetizer to serve when entertaining.
The bacon is cooked in the oven for a few minutes to get the edges crispy. Then the bacon is wrapped around pineapple bites and dipped in brown sugar. The brown sugar caramelizes as it bakes to enhance the sweetness.
Easy to make Bacon Wrapped Pineapple are sure to be a crowd favorite. We love the bite size to easily eat while you are hanging out with friends and family. These bacon wrapped pineapple bites are fancy enough to serve at your holiday dinner.
Can I use Canned Pineapple?
Bacon Pineapple Bites are best made with fresh pineapple. But if you are in a pinch and can’t find a good pineapple, you can easily use canned pineapple.
Make sure to remove any excess moisture from the pineapple. I would drain the juice from the can and put the pineapple on a plate lined with paper towels. This will help absorb any moister.
- Pineapple (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Pineapple:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Cut the bacon into thirds. Place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 6 minutes flipping the bacon halfway through the cook time. Cook for a few minutes or until bacon has crispy edges.
- Step 3 – Remove the bacon and allow it to cool to the touch.
- Step 4 – Then wrap each bacon around a piece of the pineapple and secure it with a toothpick.
- Step 5 – Dip each one in a small bowl of the brown sugar to coat it with the sugar.
- Step 6 – Place the pineapple on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes (flipping them halfway through the cook time) until the bacon is cooked through and cripsy.
- Step 7 – Serve hot and then enjoy!
- Fresh Pineapple – You can use fresh or canned pineapple for this recipe.
- Pineapple – We purchased a whole pineapple and made this recipe. But you can easily purchase fresh pineapple that is already been cut. Whatever works for your family.
- Sweetener – Instead of dipping in brown sugar, drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
- BBQ Sauce – Brush the pineapple with BBQ Sauce for a smokey and tangy flavor.
- Pineapple Size – Instead of cutting your pineapple into bites, you can cut them into pineapple spears. You may need to wrap a full size piece of bacon around the pineapple chunk.
- Brown Sugar – You can use light brown sugar or dark brown sugar.
- Grill – These bacon wrapped pineapple recipe would be great on the grill. It gives the smoky flavor on the grill. I would recommend making pineapple spears instead of bites.
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites Tips:
- Bacon – A thick cut bacon works the best in this recipe.
- Secure Bacon – Make sure to secure the bacon with toothpicks. You may even need to use two toothpicks.
- Prepare Baking Sheet – Prepare baking sheet before placing bacon on it. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil as this prevent the bacon from sticking and it easier to clean up.
- Bacon – We cut out bacon into thirds. Depending on how big you cut your pineapple, you may need a larger piece of bacon.
How to Serve Pineapple Wrapped in Bacon Recipe:
These Bacon wrapped Pineapple are perfect served as an appetizer. Because they only require 3 ingredients and very little prep work, this is always on the menu. You can serve with a side of ranch dipping sauce or BBQ sauce if you prefer.
This appetizer is perfect served before your holiday dinner. We think they are very fancy looking, and your guest will think you spent all day on them.
How to Store:
These are best served immediately but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
When you are ready to serve again, I would place in the oven to reheat or the air fryer. This will make the bacon crispy again.
Will Bacon get Crispy in the Oven?
Yes, bacon will get crispy when cooked in the oven. We usually fry our bacon in a skillet on the stove, but I have loved making it in the oven recently.
Making the bacon in the oven is less messy and I don’t get grease splatter over me.
In this recipe, we recommend cooking bacon for a few minutes prior to wrapping the pineapple. This allows it to get a little cooked and it is easier to wrap around the bacon.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites:
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites
- 1 Pineapple cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 Slices Bacon
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the bacon into thirds. Place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 6 minutes flipping the bacon halfway through the cook time. Remove the bacon and allow it to cool to the touch.
- Then wrap each bacon around a piece of the pineapple and secure it to the pineapple with a toothpick.
- Dip each one in a shallow bowl of the brown sugar to coat it with the sugar.
- Place the pineapple on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes (flipping them halfway through the cook time) until the bacon is cooked through and cripsy.
- Serve warm and then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Cheesy Bread Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles
- Garlic and Onion Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
- Pinwheel Sandwiches