This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Bacon Wrapped Smokies makes an easy appetizer. Perfect for a party as they keep warm and they are the perfect bite size recipe.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies Crock Pot Recipe:
This Lil Smokies Wrapped in Bacon Crock Pot Recipe is always a crowd favorite. Our favorite lil smokies are wrapped in bacon and then sprinkled with brown sugar for a hint of sweetness. We love the sweet and salty combination of this appetizer and it is easy to make. You might also like Beanie Weenies or Crock Pot BBQ Little Smokies.
- Lil Smokies (13 ounce)
- Sliced Bacon
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies in a Crockpot:
- Step 1 – Cut Bacon – Cut the sliced bacon into thirds.
- Step 2 – Wrap bacon around lil smokie – Wrap each pieces of the bacon around 1 lil smokies and secure it in place with a toothpick. Continue this process until all the smokies are wrapped with bacon.
- Step 3 – Place in Crock Pot – Then place the bacon wrapped smokies (toothpicks up) in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Step 4 – Top with Brown Sugar – Sprinkle the 1 cup of brown sugar on top.
- Step 5 – Slow Cook – Cover and cook on high for 3-3.5 hours until the bacon is completely cooked through. Cook time will vary based on your crock pot.
- Step 6 – Serve – Serve warm and enjoy.
Tips for Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies:
- Move Smokies around – We move the smokies around occasionally to ensure that they cook evenly in the crock pot.
- Secure the bacon – We recommend using a toothpick to secure the bacon around the little smokie.
- Touching the sides of the slow cooker – The sausages touching the sides will tend to brown faster. So make sure you these may get little burnt if not moved.
- Single Layer – We recommend placing the lil smokies at the bottom of the slow cooker for the best option. The bacon cooks evenly.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If you prepare them ahead of time for a party, you can simple place them back in the slow cooker to serve. Just place your slow cooker on warm.
How to Freeze Bacon Wrapped Smokies Recipe:
Freezing Bacon Wrapped Smokies is easy to do. This would be a perfect idea if you want to prepare them ahead of time or have leftovers.
- Prepare the lil smokies by wrapping them in bacon.
- You can cook them now or place them on a baking sheet and place in the freezer.
- Allow the lil smokies to freeze individually for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the lil smokies are frozen, place in a freezer safe container and place in the freezer.
- They will stay good for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator over night.
- Then reheat in the slow cooker or in the oven.
How to Reheat:
When you are ready to reheat, place your bacon wrapped lil smokies on a baking sheet and reheat. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees and bake for about 10 minutes.
Recipe Variations for Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Smokies:
- Kind of Cocktail Sausages – There are different flavors and types of lil smokies. Feel free to use what you have or what flavor you prefer. Cocktail Sausages pork and beef will work in this recipe.
- Cayenne Pepper – If you like hot lil smokies, add in a teaspoon of cayenne pepper with the brown sugar.
- Paprika – You can add brown sugar and paprika for a hint of warm flavor to the lil smokies recipe.
- Bacon – You can use any type of bacon you prefer. I like to use thick bacon but you can use smoked, hickory, applewood or turkey bacon.
Easy Game Day Appetizer:
Everyone loves this really easy appetizer recipe. These quick and easy bacon wrapped little smokies with brown sugar recipe are the perfect football appetizer.
However, you don’t really need a football game or a special occasion to make these. If you are craving something simple (but amazing) then this easy bacon appetizer recipe is for you.
We love making them in the slow cooker as it makes it easy to serve. I can put everything in the slow cooker and it does all the work. With this appetizer only require 3 ingredients this is my go-to game day appetizer.
Print Recipe here for Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Smokies:
Crock Pot Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 1 pkg Lil Smokies 13 ounce
- 16 ounces Sliced Bacon
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Cut the sliced bacon into thirds.
- Wrap each strip of the bacon around 1 lil smokies and secure it in place with a toothpick. Continue this process until all the smokies are wrapped with bacon.
- Then place the bacon wrapped smokies (toothpicks up) in a 6 quart crock pot. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-3.5 hours until the bacon is completely cooked through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe