This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Brown Sugar Beanie Weenies have the absolute best flavor combination. With just 3 ingredients, this budget friendly recipe is so easy to make.
This is a great recipe for an easy appetizer or it might just become a favorite meal. Everyone loves Little Smokies and the brown sugar and pineapple juice give it amazing flavor.
This is a great recipe to make for a game day gathering or a holiday snack. With my large family, we like to double the recipe.
Table of Contents
What are Beanie Weenies?
It is versatile recipe that is delicious to serve as an appetizer or main course. You may know this side dish as franks and beans if you mix it with baked beans.
It consists of Little Smokies, brown sugar and pineapple juice. However, you can also use hot dogs or add beans to this dish.
As you can see, there are many variations to try for this tasty recipe.
- Little Smokies
- Brown Sugar
- Pineapple Juice
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Hot Dogs. You can use your favorite brand or kind of hot dogs in this recipe instead of little smokies. It is best cut into thinly sliced portions when you eat beanie weenies with hot dogs.
- Bean Dish. Try adding baked beans to make this a bean dish. It will taste similar to pork and beans or beans and franks.
- Seasoning. Try different types of seasoning in this recipe to change up the flavor. Some ideas include garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil.
- Onions and Peppers. Diced Onions and bell peppers add even more flavor to this recipe.
- Pineapple Chunks. Toss in some pineapple chunks to enhance the pineapple flavor.
- Ketchup and Yellow Mustard. For a more classic flavor, add ketchup, mustard and BBQ sauce to the recipe instead of pineapple juice.
- Skillet. You can also make this recipe in a large skillet on the stove-top. Combine the ingredients and simmer using medium heat until heated through.
With only 3 ingredients, this recipe is so simple and delicious too. The entire recipe is effortless and inexpensive to make. The sweet and savory flavor combination is amazing and such a hit with everyone!
Easy Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Place the little smokies in a baking pan.
Step 2 – Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and pour the pineapple juice over the little smokies. Then bake making sure to stir every 10 minutes.
What goes with beanie weenies?
We serve Beanie Weenies as an appetizer alongside other party type foods. It is versatile and goes with numerous different types of food.
Below you will find some of our favorites:
- Baking Dish – This recipe will work in a casserole dish or a 8×8 baking dish. If you are doubling the recipe, you may need to use a 9×13 pan.
- Heating Little Smokies – During the heating process, make sure to stir the mixture occasionally. We recommend stirring them about every 10 minutes for the best results.
- Serving – This appetizer is best served warm.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, this recipe works great in the slow cooker. Place the ingredients in the slow cooker. Combine everything and cook on low for 1 to 2 hours stirring occasionally as they simmer. Then turn the crockpot to the warm setting.
Place the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Place the Little Smokies inside a freezer container with the sauce. Freeze up to a month. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat using the stove or oven until heated through.
More Easy and Delicious Appetizers:
If you make this Beanie Weenie Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the little smokies in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and pour the pineapple juice over the little smokies.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Stir the mixture every 10-15 minutes.
- Then the beanie weenies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe