This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This recipe for Candied Bacon Crackers is effortless with just 3 ingredients. This sweet and savory snack is an easy appetizer and loaded with flavor.
With just 3 ingredients, this is the easiest recipe. Buttery crackers are topped with a slice of bacon and topped with brown sugar. This cracker recipe is the best combination of sweet and salty flavors.
You will love how everything tastes together. These bacon wrapped crackers do not disappoint. The bacon is crisp and the crackers are cooked to perfection with brown sugar. It is so delicious.
It is a Southern Staple at parties and holidays. You might also hear these crackers referred to as Pig Candy Crackers. Regardless of what you call them, they are addictive! Everyone loves bacon.
Why we love this recipe:
- You only need 3 ingredients. It does not get any simpler than that!
- Minimum Prep Work. In less than 10 minutes, you can have this recipe ready for the oven.
- Budget Friendly Appetizer. This simple recipe is inexpensive to make but turns out wonderful.
- Club Crackers
- Brown Sugar
How to make Bacon Brown Sugar Crackers:
- Step 1. Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2. Add a wire cooling rack to the pan. Place a cooling wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Do not skip this step.
- Step 3. Spread the crackers on the wire rack set. Place the crackers on the wire rack in a single layer.
- Step 4. Cut the bacon to fit the crackers. Cut the bacon into thirds. Place 1 piece of bacon on top of the center of each cracker.
- Step 5. Top with brown sugar. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Step 6. Bake the crackers. Baking for 1 hour or until the bacon is browned and you have crisp crackers.
- Step 7. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove from the oven. Cool slightly and serve while still warm.
How to serve Bacon Brown Sugar Crackers:
They are amazing served alone to snack on or serve for the perfect appetizer. However, you can also serve them alongside a few other tasty items.
They are also yummy dipped in ranch dip. It might sound odd, but the flavor combination is fantastic.
We love to serve Sugar Bacon Crackers with:
Any of these would be tasty with these Bacon Crackers. It is so much fun to serve an assortment of appetizers for Game Day and more. Inexpensive and easy recipes like this one for bacon crackers make it effortless to prepare for parties.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container or bag. Store leftovers up to 1 week in the refrigerator. You can reheat them in the oven if you prefer. It does not take long so watch them carefully or they will burn.
It should only take 4 to 5 minutes in a 250 oven to reheat the Brown Sugar Bacon crackers. Do not walk away while reheating or you risk burning them.
You can make this recipe in advance to save time for parties and such. Bake as normal and allow to completely cool at room temperature.
Transfer the crackers to a freezer container or bag. Freeze up to one month.
When you are ready to serve the crackers, place on a baking sheet. Reheat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 250 degrees. The time may vary as they just need to be heated through.
Tips and Tricks
- Bacon. We do not recommend thick cut bacon. It takes longer to cook and the crackers may burn before it has candied. Thick slice bacon also does not get as crispy as regular cut bacon.
- Cook on a wire rack. It is important that you place a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet. If you skip this step, the crackers will burn before the bacon is fully cooked.
- Use scissors to cut the bacon. It is so much easier to cut using scissors.
- Line the pan. Clean up is easier if you line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Variations and Substitutions
- Crackers. This recipe calls for Club Crackers but you can substitute this with any buttery cracker. Ritz crackers or Townhouse would be delicious. You will just need to cut your bacon to fit the type of cracker you use.
- Don’t use saltine crackers. We do not recommend swapping the butter rounds for saltines. They are thinner and will soak up too much of the fat. Saltines also don’t have the same taste as butter crackers and the flavor would be different.
- Make it spicy. Add some heat and sprinkle black pepper or cayenne pepper into the brown sugar. You can add as little or as much as you prefer.
- Turkey Bacon. Swap the regular bacon for turkey bacon in this recipe. It will not have the same flavor but will still be yummy.
- Gluten Free Option. Substitute your favorite gluten free crackers in this recipe.
- Jalapeno Peppers. If you love spicy, add a slice of jalapeno peppers on top of the bacon. This kicks it up a notch and is so tasty with the other ingredients.
- Parmesan Cheese. Instead of brown sugar, try topping some of the crackers with a pinch of Parmesan Cheese. You can make a half batch of each variation if you prefer.
Try this easy Bacon Cracker recipe today. It is very simple with just 3 ingredients and so delicious. The sweet and salty taste is addictive, and you can’t eat just one.
You might want to make a double batch because everyone will go crazy over these crackers. The rich buttery flavor of the crackers combined with the salty bacon and sweet brown sugar is absolutely divine.
Print this Bacon Crackers Recipe below:
- 6 ounces Club Crackers
- 1 pound Bacon
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a cooling wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Place the crackers on the wire rack in a single layer.
- Cut the bacon into thirds. Place 1 piece of the bacon on top of each cracker.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Baking for 1 hour or until the bacon is browned and crisp.
- Remove from the oven. Cool slightly and serve while still warm.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe