This easy candied bacon recipe is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. My entire family love it when I make this recipe and it never lasts long in my house.
My entire family loves candied bacon recipe.
You are going to love this candied bacon recipe. It is seriously so delicious. You get perfectly caramelized bacon in each bite.
My family goes crazy when we make it. Even the dogs go wild with the delicious smell that fills the house.
We all love it. In fact everyone fights over it when I make it. You might want to make a double batch.
You just need 3 ingredients to make this maple bacon recipe, so anyone can make it any time.
What is candied bacon?
Candied bacon is bacon that has been caramelized and is crispy but still sweet. The bacon is covered in sugary deliciousness and put in the oven until it’s baked.
I was first introduced to candied bacon at a bridal shower that I attended. Now, I was hesitate at first as I love bacon the original way. I didn’t understand why anyone would want to caramelize it.
Then I tried it and my mind was forever changed. It taste amazing and is perfect for an amazing snack, served with breakfast or crumbled up on your favorite salad.
This candied bacon is so good, you’ll be thinking of new reasons to serve it all the time.
Ingredients for Carmelized bacon
I do not like over complicated recipes and this one is definitely not complicated. It only requires 3 ingredients to make this delicious candied bacon.
- Bacon (of course)
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar
I know it seems simple but the combination of these ingredients is absolutely delicious.
How to make Candied Bacon
This recipe is simple to make. I’ll walk you through all the steps on how to candy bacon.
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is warming up, arrange the bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet. I recommend lining your baking sheet with foil to make clean up easy.
- Then you will need a small bowl. Mix the maple syrup and the brown sugar until they are combined really good.
You can adjust the thickness if needed. Just add more maple syrup or microwave the sauce for a few seconds if it is too thick.
- Use a pastry brush and get a thin layer of the sauce on to each bacon strip.
- Finally, bake the bacon slices in the oven for 25 to 40 minutes until the bacon is crispy. It may only take 20 minutes so keep a close eye as times vary.
- The bacon needs to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and it will be more crispy as it cools.
- The last step is to transfer the bacon from the cooling rack to a plate or serving dish to allow the bacon to cool for a few more minutes. Then is is ready to serve.
Keep reading for the full recipe and all the nutritional information for this delicious recipe below.
Tips for Making Candied Bacon
- You will want to make sure you have a really good pan. This will help with splatters.
- Also, I line the pan with heavy duty foil. This makes clean up a breeze. Don’t skip this step or you will really regret it.
The sugar will harden and it will be hard to clean the pan if you do not line it. It is a must to line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Candied bacon needs to be baked. It won’t caramelize and get the same crispy texture in a skillet.
- Cooking times can vary based on ovens. I would check the bacon periodically as it might not take the required amount of time and you don’t want it to burn.
- While it is so tempting to eat the bacon right away, it is important to allow ample cooling time. It is very hot and the sugar mixture can burn you if not cooled.
Variations to candied bacon:
- If you don’t have any maple sugar on hand, this bacon would still taste delicious cooked with just the brown sugar on it. Instead of creating the sauce, I would sprinkle the brown sugar on the bacon strips.
You can also sprinkle more on them once they are flipped. The brown sugar gives this bacon great flavor.
- Also, if you like the sweet and spicy combination, you can also add some cayenne pepper, chili powder or black pepper to the brown sugar mixture. This will add a slight kick to this sweet bacon recipe.
There are many ways to change up this recipe to make it your own. It’s so simple to make. You can try it many ways until you find the recipe that is perfect for your family.
How to serve candy bacon:
- It makes a great side dish with breakfast or brunch.
- Candied bacon makes a delicious snack. Kids love this.
- Try crumbling the bacon and sprinkling it on a salad.
How to store:
The bacon needs to go inside an airtight container. It can be stored at room temperature up to 3 days.
Carmelized bacon is so good.
Whether you call it maple bacon, pig candy or candied bacon, you are going to love this recipe. It is easy, quick to make, and it will please a crowd. I promise.
Take it to a family gathering, make it for a brunch, or make it just because. Your family is going to love it.
Print this Easy Candied Bacon Recipe:
Easy Candied Bacon Recipe
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bacon on a rack on a lined cookie sheet. I line mine with foil for easy clean up.
- In a small bowl mix the maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Brush the mixture on top of the bacon on the rack.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
- Let the bacon cool on the wire rack for 10 minutes than transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- Then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe