Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is the perfect appetizer in just 20 minutes. Flavor packed shrimp is wrapped with crispy bacon for a hard to resist recipe.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
This is the easiest recipe and perfect for holiday parties, Game Day or just because. In about 20 minutes, this amazing recipe goes from oven to table.
The shrimp is tossed in the best seasoning and then wrapped in bacon. The flavor combination is wonderful.
I think you will love the simplicity of this recipe. It has minimum prep work but turns out delicious every time.
How to make shrimp wrapped in bacon:
It is very simple to make bacon wrapped shrimp. The secret is to cook the bacon first and then wrap it around the shrimp.
Secure everything with a toothpick and bake. It takes just minutes to prepare.
Including the preparation and cook time, this appetizer recipe takes less than 30 minutes.
- Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined, tail-on)
- Olive Oil
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Bacon, cut in half
- Lemon Wedges for Serving (optional)
How to cook bacon wrapped shrimp:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven. It should be set to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Cook the bacon. Place the cut bacon slices on a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet. Then bake for 10 minutes.
Transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool. Keep the oven on.
- Step 3 – Season the shrimp. Add the shrimp, olive oil and seasonings to a mixing bowl. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Step 4 – Secure the bacon around the shrimp. Wrap each piece of the shrimp with a piece of the bacon securing securing with a toothpick the bacon to the shrimp with a toothpick. Continue until all the shrimp is wrapped with bacon.
- Step 5 – Bake the shrimp. Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time, until the shrimp are pink and bacon is crispy.
- Step 6 – Remove from the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy!
Why pre-cooking the bacon is important?
While you might find some recipes that skip this step, we feel it is important. By pre-cooking the bacon, you allow it to get crispy and it cooks all the way through.
If you do not cook the bacon first, it is soggy and does not have the same golden brown texture that makes this appetizer so delicious.
In order to have crispy bacon, it is important that you take the extra few minutes to pre-cook it. Just don’t cook it too long or it will be too crispy and unable to bend around the shrimp.
Tips for bacon wrapped shrimp:
- Do not use thick cut bacon for this recipe. It takes too long to cook and is difficult to wrap around the shrimp.
- It is important that you cook your bacon prior to wrapping around the shrimp. However, do not overcook it or it will break when trying to wrap.
- You can save time and cook the bacon up to 1 day in advance. Then assemble the shrimp and bacon and cook. This will save prep time if serving for a party.
- Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. You will save so much time during cleanup with this simple step.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They are best served fresh so I do try to eat these sooner rather than later.
- Try this bacon wrapped concept with other ingredients. Some ideas include: scallops, asparagus, green beans or fillets.
- Soak toothpicks in water to prevent the wood from burning.
- For a sweet flavor, try using brown sugar and maple syrup to make a glaze for the shrimp. Toss in a small bowl and cook as normal.
- Chili Powder can be added to the seasoning mix for extra heat.
- Feel free to use frozen shrimp but allow to thaw prior to cooking.
What goes with bacon wrapped shrimp?
- Dipping Sauces. Barbecue Sauce, Garlic Butter and Ranch dip make great options.
- Seasoned Rice. Turn this easy shrimp recipe into a meal with a side of seasoned rice.
- Veggies. We like Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus.
The ideas are endless for this savory shrimp. These are just a few of our favorites.
Everyone will enjoy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp.
This easy recipe is so versatile. You can easily serve this as a delicious appetizer. However, it is also perfect to be served as a meal.
Either way, you can’t go wrong with this simple recipe. It takes very little time to prepare for an effortless recipe any day of the week.
Once you make this, you will be hooked. It is definitely a crowd pleaser and one to save. Friends and family will absolutely love this scrumptious shrimp.
Print this Bacon wrapped shrimp recipe below:
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 24 Large Shrimp peeled and deveined, tail-on
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 12 slices Bacon cut in half
- Lemon Wedges for Serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the cut bacon slices on a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet. Then bake for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool. Keep the oven on.
- Add the shrimp, olive oil and seasonings to a mixing bowl. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Wrap each piece of the shrimp with a piece of the bacon securing the bacon to the shrimp with a toothpick. Continue until all the shrimp is wrapped with bacon.
- Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time, until the shrimp are pink and bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe