Each bite of Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs has tons of flavor. Learn how to grill chicken thighs in a few easy steps for a crowd favorite at your next cookout.
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Get ready to grill the absolute best chicken thighs. This recipe is going to be a staple all summer long. It is so quick and easy to grill while being so delicious.
We love grilled boneless chicken thighs and they are inexpensive to serve your family or a crowd. The cooking time is less than 20 minutes total for a super quick dinner idea.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Soy Sauce
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper
How to grill boneless skinless chicken thighs:
- Step 1. Combine the marinade ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, soy sauce, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Step 2. Allow the chicken to marinate. Marinade the chicken thighs in this mixture for at least 30 minutes but overnight is preferred.
- Step 3. Fire up the gas grill and allow it to preheat. Then preheat the grill over medium high heat.
- Step 4. Prepare the grill. Rub the grill grates with olive oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grates.
- Step 5. Grill the chicken. Then add the chicken onto the grill and reduce the temperature to medium. Grill the chicken for 7-10 minutes per side until the chicken has reached 165 internal temperature.
- Step 6. Allow to rest. Remove the chicken and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
What to serve with grilled chicken:
- Grilled Vegetables Foil Pack – This healthy side dish is packed with fresh veggies and delicious seasoning. The foil pack makes it so easy and clean up is a breeze.
- Easy Grilled Potatoes in Foil – Tender and delicious potatoes make a great side dish for grilled chicken. This foil pack recipe makes it very simple.
- Grilled Garlic Bread – Enjoy crispy garlic bread in minutes on the grill. It is the perfect addition to the chicken dinner.
Find more easy side dishes for grilled chicken.
How long to marinate chicken:
The chicken needs to marinate for at least 30 minutes. However, for best flavor, we suggest overnight. This will allow the chicken to be so tender and flavorful.
How long to grill boneless skinless chicken thighs?
Boneless thighs do not take long to cook. Each side grills about 7 to 10 minutes for a meal ready in 20 minutes and under.
It is so easy with minimum prep work. Anyone can get dinner on the table fast without much work at all.
Can you use different cuts of chicken?
Yes, this marinade is delicious on many different cuts of chicken. Try it on chicken breast, chicken tenders and chicken legs.
Just keep in mind that each cut of chicken requires various times to cook. The internal temperature still needs to be 165 degrees.
You can use bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe but they will take longer to cook. Grill bone-in thighs for 9-14 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Then let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes and the chicken is ready to enjoy!
How to store:
Place the chicken inside an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. The leftover chicken can be stored 4 to 5 days.
It is delicious for a quick lunch or easy dinner. The chicken can be reheated in the microwave. If you prefer, you can use the oven for crispier chicken.
Tips for grilling chicken thighs:
- Meat thermometer. An instant read meat thermometer is the best way to know when the chicken is ready to enjoy. Ensure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F at the thickest part of the chicken thigh.
- Marinate the chicken overnight. The meat needs to marinade for at least 30 minutes but overnight is best. This will help to give the chicken the best flavor.
- Prepare the grill. Coat the grill grates with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Be careful flipping the chicken. You do not want to excessively flip the chicken thighs.
- Don’t overcook the meat. Boneless chicken thighs do not take long to cook. Keep an eye on them so that you don’t overcook them as they will dry out quickly. Once the chicken has been overcooked and dried out, there isn’t much you can do.
Substitutions and Additions
- Minced Garlic. Substitute minced garlic for garlic powder in this recipe.
- Honey. To make this even sweeter, add 1 tablespoon of honey to the mixture. Just be careful as honey can burn easily on the grill.
- BBQ Sauce. Brush your favorite barbecue sauce on the chicken after it has finished cooking.
- Cayenne Pepper. Heat things up and add this to the marinade ingredients based on preference.
This is a simple marinade and easy to adapt to what you have on hand or prefer.
Print this Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs recipe:
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, soy sauce, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Marinade the chicken thighs in this mixture for at least 30 minutes but overnight is preferred.
- Then preheat the grill over medium hight heat and rub the grill grates with olive oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grates.
- Then add the chicken onto the grill and reduce the temperature to medium. Grill the chicken for 7-10 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature for 165 degrees F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More grilled chicken recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- The Best Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Recipe