Everyone loves crescent rolls and this Italian Crescent Pie Recipe is perfect with this flaky crust. The pie is packed with lots of ground beef, vegetables and more! Make this easy dinner idea today! It is sure to be a hit!
I was going through my refrigerator and I noticed that I had a can of crescent rolls that I needed to use. I searched for a recipe and found one on the Pillsbury site. Of course, I can’t do anything the way others tell me, so I made my own version and it turned out fabulous.
Check out this video to see how easy it is to make this Italian Crescent Pie Recipe!
Since you dice the zucchini up, your kids won’t even notice the veggies in there. Crescent roll pie is the perfect meal for a busy night when you need dinner fast! Everyone will love it and it’s become a favorite around here.
What to serve with Italian crescent casserole?
Italian crescent pie already had an abundance of veggies mixed right in, so you don’t have to serve it with very much! Serve it with a simple green salad and you are set! We also like steamed broccoli, grilled green beans, or cottage cheese and fruit if you want to keep it super simple.
Italian Crescent Roll casserole recipe:
Ingredients for Italian crescent roll casserole:
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- ½ onion; chopped
- Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano work if you don’t have Italian seasoning)
- Zucchini; diced small
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 6oz or 1 ½ cups shredded Italian cheese blend (cheddar, mozzarella and Colby work, too!)
We have several people in our family that are not fans of zucchini or veggies. However, they cannot tell a difference in this mixture! So do not let the vegetables scare you away. They add a ton of flavor and it’s a great way to sneak them in. I have also added squash, carrots, and green pepper. Yum!
How to make Italian crescent pie:
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Add onions, zucchini, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.
2. Cook ground beef and vegetable mixture until soft.
3. Stir in the canned of crushed tomatoes. If using already browned meat, add everything to a large bowl to combine.
4. Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place dough in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate in a spoke pattern, with narrow tips overlapping rim of plate about 3 inches. Press dough in the bottom and up sides to form crust, firmly press perforations to seal. The original recipe mentioned to spread the crust with mustard (about 2 teaspoons). This is another layer of flavor that your family may love!
5. Spoon the entire meat mixture into the pan.
6. Top the mixture with cheese.
7. Pull the dough over the meat mixture. Optional: Melt butter over medium-high heat and brush over crust. Stir in parsley flakes, salt, pepper and garlic if desired.
8. Bake at 375°F for about 15 to 20 minutes. If needed, cover with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
The kids gobbled this one up. I love to make one for dinner and another for the freezer. It really helps with busy nights and it’s not any more work than preparing just one. I use these disposable pie plates for the one I freeze. I use the glass pie plates for the one I’m making for the same day.
If you like Shepherd’s Pie, try the freezer version for that! So easy!
I’m always trying to find new recipes that will take the stress out of dinner time. We all have lots of extracurricular activities and work and school. File this recipe away for when you need something simple. It will really help you on those crazy busy nights!
Print your Crescent Roll Recipe below:
Italian Crescent Pie
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 onion chopped
- Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning
- 1 Zucchini diced small
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (6 oz)
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Add onions, diced zucchini, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning (Just sprinkle some in)
- Cook until soft.
- Stir in the canned of crushed tomatoes.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place dough in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate in spoke pattern, with narrow tips overlapping rim of plate about 3 inches. Press dough in the sides and bottom to form crust.
- Spoon the entire meat mixture into the pan.
- Top with cheese.
- Pull the dough over the meat mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
If you need another simple recipe, try Crockpot Beef Tips Recipe. The beef is so tender and the gravy is good on everything!
Another quick and tasty recipe to try is Easy Crock Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe.
Million dollar spaghetti recipe has so much delicious cheese, ground Italian sausage and tons of flavor for the best meal.
What size can of crushed tomatoes?
I used a 28 oz can for this recipe. Thanks.
I had some items from a meal delivery service that i didn’t want to make, so I used ground pork, and added a carrot (it was in the meal delivery package). I can’t believe how it came out. Rarely does a dish on Pinterest come out the way it’s supposed to for me, and I am so happy with this. So easy to make also. I only used one small (15 oz) can of crushed tomatoes, and since my husband doesn’t like the texture of onions, I used onion powder. It really was perfect.
Your revisions sound delicious! I’m glad that you enjoyed it!