Hamburger casserole recipe is the best combination of hearty ground beef, pasta and a creamy sauce. You can serve this with little prep work on busy school nights. Add a salad or steamed veggies for a super easy dinner everyone will enjoy.
Hamburger casserole recipe
Life sure can get busy! Meals like this delicious Hamburger Casserole Recipe make for an amazing dinner while being so easy.
I love that this recipe uses pasta and a really delicious cream based sauce. It is different from traditional hamburger casserole recipes and a nice change.
The kids all declared this a winner so that is a keeper in my book. 🙂 Casseroles are so nice because just about everything you need is in the dish.
Everyone is happy, dinner is easy and my grocery wins as well. This is a great way to stretch the ground beef so just a great meal all around to try.
Let’s get started with this amazing casserole!
Or if you want to make clean up a breeze try using one of these foil pans. They are great because you just throw them away when you are done.
We use them often so help out on those crazy busy nights.
Ingredients for easy hamburger casserole:
- ground beef
- white or yellow onion, chopped
- tomato sauce
- granulated sugar
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- frozen mixed vegetables
- wide egg noodles
- small curd cottage cheese
- package cream cheese, softened
- sour cream
- Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
How to make hamburger casserole:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, spray a 13×9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
While cooking sauce, heat water to boiling for noodles.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion together until all the pink is gone, drain if necessary.
Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thick.
Stir in the mixed vegetables.
Heat through, about 2 minutes. Cook noodles according to directions on package.
Drain noodles and add to large bowl.
Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese and ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
Layer some of the noodle mixture on the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Spoon some of the sauce (about 1 cup) on top of the noodles.
Just keep repeating the layers. You should have enough for 2 more layers.
Add additional parmesan cheese if desired. Bake in 350 degree F for 35-40 or until casserole is lightly golden.
Serve immediately. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
What to serve with hamburger pasta casserole?
If you have a few extra minutes, we also love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. It is perfect for getting every last bit of that tasty sauce.
Everyone will love this easy casserole!
If you love comfort food, try this beef casserole. From the shredded cheese to the sour cream sauce, it is amazing!
Not only is it so quick and easy but the entire dish is delicious. This hamburger casserole recipe is just the best.
You can toss this together in minutes for the best dinner. Enjoy a great meal even without during busy weeks. It’s perfect for busy nights.
Time saving tip:
We love to make things even easier. This recipe is already simple but you can save even more time with these tips.
I use a small food chopper or processor to quickly and easily dice the onions. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them.
They are such a time saver.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take diced onion or bell peppers out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
Little things like this make life much easier during the week. It all adds up to a lot of time savings and you can spend more time with your family.
Save money and make Hamburger casserole recipe.
This is one of those delicious recipes that you can easily swap out some of the ingredients. We do this a lot for what we already have or can get on sale.
Feel free to use different types of pasta. Penne, elbow, bowtie are all good options.
You can also use ground turkey instead of ground beef. We have even mixed both together. The turkey takes on the flavor of the beef and other seasonings. No one every notices and it is a great way to save a little money in the grocery budget.
I am all about using what is on sale at the grocery store or that I already have in the freezer. I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for something else or to give you family wiggle room in the budget.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable.
Print this hamburger pasta casserole recipe below:
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup white or yellow onion chopped
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 – 16 ounce bag wide egg noodles
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ shredded Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a 13×9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- While cooking sauce, heat water to boiling for noodles
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion together until all the pink is gone, drain if necessary
- Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thick
- Stir in the mixed vegetables
- Heat through, about 2 minutes
- Cook noodles according to directions on package
- Drain noodles and add to large bowl
- Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese and ¼ cup parmesan cheese
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
This delicious Green bean casserole recipe is sure to be a hit with crispy topping and a tasty creamy sauce.
This Southern Fried apples recipe is so easy but tastes delicious and your house will smell amazing.
Learn how to make Crock Pot Tator Tot Casserole Recipe for a cheesy and delicious casserole.
We are going to show you how to cook spiral ham that has the absolute best glaze.
Try these other easy casserole recipes:
- Crock Pot Creamy Roasted Red Peppers Chicken Casserole
- Easy Chicken Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Crockpot Crack Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Cowboy Casserole
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Crockpot Low Carb Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Easy Low Carb Taco Casserole Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe
- Delicious Jalapeño Poppers Corn Casserole recipe
- Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
- Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole