Enjoy everything you love about a loaded baked potato in this Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup. This soup is packed with creamy potatoes and toppings such as sour cream, cheese, bacon and more.
It’s the best comfort food.
Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
We love potatoes around here in just about every form. So, when I made this Potato Soup Instant Pot Recipe my family went crazy over it!
With just a few ingredients, this instant pot recipe comes together with very little effort. Dinner can be on the table in just 10 minutes!
I can’t even get to a drive-thru and back home in that amount of time. Plus, this definitely will taste better than any take out you might get.
Let’s make pressure cooker potato soup!
Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato soup is such a delicious recipe. Give this Loaded Potato Soup recipe a try!
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP
- Potatoes, peeled and diced
- Onion, diced
- Chicken Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Heavy Cream
- Sour Cream
- Xanthan Gum
How to make Instant pot baked potato soup
- First, get out your pressure cooker. Go ahead and add the diced potatoes, diced onions, chicken broth, seasonings, and butter to your Instant Pot.
- Second, place the lid on and lock. Then set the valve to sealing.
- Next, set the pressure for 5 minutes on high pressure. The pressure cook time does not take long for this easy meal.
- After the 5 minutes is up, you need to do a quick release to release the pressure. Then mix together the heavy cream, sour cream, and the xanthan gum in a small bowl.
- Then, open the pot and stir this mixture into the soup.
- Finally, press the sauté button and cook the soup until it thickens. You need to stir the soup during this process.
Serve with your favorite potato soup toppings and enjoy.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green onion
- sour cream
- saltine crackers ( I love to crush up the crackers and put on top of the soup)
How do you thicken baked potato soup Instant Pot?
You can also try using ¼ cup of flour if you prefer using a flour mixture for this Potato soup recipe.
What kind of potatoes work best for potato soup?
We used Russet potatoes because they are high in starch and hold up well in soup. Yukon Gold (yellow) potatoes also work well in potato soup.
Red potatoes can also be used but aren’t typically my first choice. However, they are pretty to use when you want a hint of color.
Variations to try:
- If you prefer a smoother soup that is less chunky, you can use a potato masher or immersion blender to mash the potatoes up more.
- Try stirring bacon in the soup right before serving for a different flavor.
- If you need it dairy free, try using a cheese substitute and substitute almond milk for the heavy cream.
- Consider adding red peppers or any color of bell peppers.
Everyone will go crazy over this instant pot recipe. This delicious soup is such a great recipe and sure to impress.
Let us know once you try Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato soup recipe! We absolutely love it!
Try using hash browns.
If you don’t have time to peel and cut potatoes, try using a bag of frozen hash browns. You can use shredded or dice hash browns. That is a quick little trick for crazy busy weeks without sacrificing flavor.
Instant Pot Potato Soup hash browns version is really quick and easy!
Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup can feed a crowd.
Potato soup is one of my favorite dinner recipes, because it is so filling and delicious and everyone always loves this hearty soup.
I like to put out a topping bar and everyone can grab what they like for their soup.
Amazon has so many different fun condiment trays here!
We have one of the trays and it is perfect for putting cheese, sour cream and more in each section! It makes it really easy for your family or guest to top their bowl of soup with all of their favorite toppings!
It is so nice especially if you are having guests over because it keeps it all organized and looks really pretty.
Plus, it is very budget friendly.
Not only is it so simple and quick to make but it is very frugal. You can easily feed a large crowd or a large family like ours.
Everyone will be full and there is just something so comforting about a warm bowl of Instant Pot Chunky Potato Soup.
Your instant pot does all the work and makes the most delicious soup without any of the work. We love potato soup around here and I was so happy to be able to use my instant pot to make this recipe even easier.
You need a good pressure cooker
It’s really changed dinner time around here. Those days when I forget to take something out of the freezer is not a problem with my instant pot.
I can still have dinner ready and waiting on my family! I used frozen chicken in this recipe and it still cooked super fast in my instant pot.
How to make loaded potato soup in the slow cooker?
No worries if you do not have a pressure cooker yet, try making Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe. It is really yummy as well and a nice option if you prefer to use the slow cooker.
Make this Instant pot loaded baked potato soup!
My family loved this easy soup. It turned out great and is such an easy potato soup recipe. I think you will really enjoy it this simple dinner.
What to serve with potato soup
I love a good garlic bread, homemade roll, or a hot sandwich with my potato soup. Serve it with a simple salad for a soup and salad dinner idea.
Print this Instant Pot Potato Soup Recipe:
Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 5 large russet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Xanthan Gum
- Add the potatoes, diced onions, chicken broth, seasonings, and butter to your Instant Pot.
- Add the lid. Lock and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release to release the pressure. In a small mixing bowl whisk the heavy cream, sour cream, and the xanthan gum together. This will get thick.
- Stir into the soup.
- Press the saute button and cook the soup (while stirring) until the soup thickens.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe