If you’re looking for something a little different to jazz up your menu plan, give this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe a try.
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup:
You are going to love that it is loaded with veggies and protein plus it is very simple to make. My favorite part is how creamy this delicious recipe is.
We love taco soup but sometimes it can get boring! We needed a new twist on this classic recipe.
One night I added a little cream cheese and some chicken with some extra ingredients like corn and black beans…….and Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Instant Pot Recipe was born.
I love the blend of the delicious and easy ingredients. It makes it so favorable! Plus you can have this quick and easy dinner on the table in about 30 minutes!
It is also freezer friendly. Here are some tips on how to freeze soup!
If all you have is a slow cooker. Check out some of our other recipes!
It’s even better if you top it with extra shredded cheese, onion, tortillas and more! The kids love when I set out a topping bar and they can each just grab what they like. It makes it fun for everyone!
This is also good for parties. If you need something that will feed a crowd, this recipe will do it! Plus, it’s budget friendly and making it in the instant pot makes it so fast and easy.
We also love Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe around here! It’s so hearty with the white beans and chicken! Yum!
You might also want to make your own taco seasoning. We do this and it’s so nice to just grab a few tablespoons when you need it. It’s much cheaper than store bought and very handy having a big batch around.
You will need an Instant Pot for this simple yummy soup.
Now you will need an Instant Pot for this soup recipe. I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart.
Those days when I forget to take something out of the freezer is not a problem with my instant pot.
Usually I can take about 15 minutes gather my ingredients and still have dinner ready and waiting on my family! I used frozen chicken in this recipe and it still cooked super fast in my instant pot.
Another favorite is Ham and Bean Soup Instant Pot Recipe! This is so filling and has the best flavor from the ham.
Is Easy Chicken Taco Soup Keto friendly?
Yes! That is is why we love this recipe. Just omit the Black beans and corn and you will be set for your Keto diet!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup Tips:
- You can you use chicken tenderloins instead of chicken breast. Chicken thighs work great too! I actually like using tenderloins as it cooks in less time.
- Try swapping out the chicken for ground turkey or ground beef! Be sure to use beef broth instead of chicken broth. Yum!
- You can use rotisserie chicken and this recipe will only need to good in the Instant pot for only 5 minutes.
- Consider adding in more vegetables like red and green bell peppers.
- This recipe works great in your slow cooker. Just add your cream cheese at the end.
- Shredded Chicken Breasts
- Black Beans
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Chicken Broth
- Taco seasoning (How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- Garlic Salt
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded cheese to top (any kind will do)
How to make Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup:
1. I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart.
2. Place all the ingredients except the cream cheese and the shredded cheese in the Instant Pot.
3. Put lid on and lock into place. Make sure the valve is set to the sealed position.
4. Set the pressure to high pressure for 25 minutes (if chicken is frozen). Set the cooking time for 20 minutes if chicken is not frozen.
5. Do a quick release and remove the lid. You can also do a natural release if you have the time.
6. Remove the chicken and shred the chicken with two forks.
7. Mix back in and mix in the cream cheese.
8. Put the lid back on and let set for about 10 minutes until cream cheese is melted.
9. Serve with your favorite toppings – We like shredded cheese, green onions, tomatoes, and sour cream!
We also like to stir in tortilla strips to make a creamy chicken tortilla soup.
Print Recipe here:
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- (1) 14 oz. can of black beans Rinsed and Drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 onion chopped
- (1) 8 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- (1) 8 oz package of cream cheese (diced into smaller pieces)
- Place all the ingredients except for the cream cheese in a 6 quart electric pressure cooker.
- Add lid and lock. Make sure it is set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Do a quick release and remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Mix back in and mix in the cream cheese.
- Switch the instant pot to the sauté setting and cook for 3-5 minutes until the cream cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
This recipe is so quick and easy! It doesn’t get any easier than using your instant pot! My family went crazy over this and we put it on our menu plan rotation. We like tortilla chips on top and extra cheese, onion, sour cream and more!
Sometimes instead of tortilla chips, I make a big pan of Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread! This is so good crumbled on top and the extra heat from the jalapeno is just amazing! Either way you serve this recipe, it’s sure to be a hit! Let us know what your favorite toppings are!
I hope you enjoy this delicious Instant Pot Creamy Taco Soup Recipe!
You will also love these 15 Easy Instant Pot Side Dish Recipes! So quick and easy!
Sometimes, I put out a fun topping bar and everyone loves grabbing what they like! This is also good for parties or feeding a crowd. Amazon has so many different fun condiment trays here! We have this one and it’s perfect for putting cheese, sour cream and more in each section!
It makes it really easy for your family or guest to top their bowl of soup with all of their favorite toppings! I have one of these and use it for all sorts of things. They also make really great ice cream sundae topping bars!