This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Paula Deen’s Goulash is the ultimate comfort food to feed a large crowd. It is loaded with flavor and made with simple ingredients.
This classic comfort food is perfect for an easy weeknight meal. All the ingredients cook easily in a large Dutch Oven for a delicious southern goulash recipe.
Table of Contents
What is goulash?
This goulash is made with ground beef, tomato sauce, spices and noodles for a complete meal idea. Serve with a side of garlic bread for dipping into the hearty mixture.
If you have a large crowd over for the big game or for the holidays, make this delicious goulash recipe.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Yellow Onions
- Minced Garlic
- Diced Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- House Seasoning
- Seasoning Salt
- Elbow Macaroni, uncooked
- Garlic Powder
Skip to the bottom of the post and find the complete ingredients in the recipe card.
Goulash Recipe Paula Deen Variations Ideas:
- Change Meat – If you prefer, you can make this recipe with ground turkey.
- Veggies – This is a great recipe to sneak in vegetables. You can add in slice mushrooms, stewed tomatoes, or chopped zucchini.
- Beans – Feel free to add in beans to this soup. It is a great addition.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a Dutch oven, sauté ground beef over medium-high heat until it browns. Break up the meat as you cook it. Drain any excess grease.
Step 2 – Add garlic and onions to the pot and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
Step 3 – Pour 3 cups of water into the pot. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, Italian Seasoning, House seasoning, seasoned salt, and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
Step 4 – Add the elbow macaroni and mix in. Cover the pot once again with the lid. Then let it simmer over medium low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cooking Ground Beef – Cook the ground beef in the Dutch Oven. If you the beef is sticking to the pan add in olive oil. Make sure to drain extra grease before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Cook Veggies – Cook the onions and garlic until they are tender.
- Macaroni Noodles – There is no need to cook the noodles before adding with the other noodles to goulash paula deen recipe.
This soup is naturally thick. But the key is to add the noodles when the zesty tomato sauce and beef have come to a boil. Then add in the noodles.
You can also add in cornstarch slurry to thicken the mixture.
Store the leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge. The leftovers will last up to 4 days.
More Easy Paula Deen Recipes:
The next time you need a quick dinner, try this recipe. Then please leave a comment letting us know what you think.
Paula Deen’s Goulash
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onions chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups water
- 2 tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 2 diced tomatoes 15 oz.
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon House Seasoning recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- In a Dutch oven, saute ground beef over medium-high heat until it browns. Break up the meat as you cook it. Drain any excess grease.
- Add garlic and onions to the pot and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Pour 3 cups of water into the pot. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, Italian Seasoning, House seasoning, seasoned salt, and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add the elbow macaroni and mix in.
- Cover the pot once again with the lid and let it simmer over medium low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and take out the bay leaves. Let the goulash cool slightly before serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe