Beef taco pasta skillet recipe is an easy one pot dinner. You are going to love this taco pasta easy recipe. It combines all the flavors of ground beef and salsa mixed together with pasta. The entire family will love this tasty meal that is incredibly simple!
One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe:
Not only is this one pot taco pasta easy but it is also delicious. The pasta is so filling and the skillet has the best flavor. My family loves one pot meals. There are less dishes to clean up and everything can be cooked quickly.
I am a big fan of quick and easy meals and this does not disappoint. This meal is so tasty all by itself. However, sometimes I add a simple side salad. I have even just cut up veggies such as cucumbers and carrots and served a few raw veggies on the side.
If you have a few extra minutes, try this Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe. I like to put out a bowl of this salsa verde and a basket of tortilla chips. The kids love having this while they wait for dinner.
One pot cheesy taco pasta is budget friendly!
This meal is not only delicious and simple but very easy on the budget. The pasta really stretches the meat and makes the meal go a long ways.
Since the ingredients are so simple, I usually have all the ingredients to make this meal. This has been my go-to meal when I need something quick when we are busy with practice and homework.
You could even add more pasta to stretch this meal even further. If you have unexpected dinner guests or your kids have friends over, try that trick!
You could even substitute rice for the pasta! Having the rice instead of the pasta almost makes like a taco bowl.
Tips for making Taco pasta shells:
I use a small food chopper or processor to quickly and easily chop the onion and green pepper. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take diced onion or bell peppers out of the freezer for recipes.
We also make our own homemade taco seasoning. It is so much better than store bought taco seasoning. I like to keep a big batch of it and it’s ready when I need it.
Taco Pasta Toppings:
Top this yummy meal with whatever you normally top your favorite taco with! Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Crush up some tortillas
Make this dish your own. Each of my family members top it with different toppings. I like to set out different bowls of toppings. Everyone can choose what they like and it’s so easy.
Let’s make Cheesy taco pasta recipe!
You are going to love this cheesy and delicious recipe. It is literally one of those recipes everyone will be asking for seconds and fighting over who gets the last bowl!
It is so good. The flavor is amazing. The ground beef makes it hearty and the pasta is so filling.
- Ground beef – I like using lean ground beef but you can also use ground turkey or ground chicken in this recipe.
- Minced garlic
- Taco seasoning – I use my homemade taco seasoning.
- Salsa – Any type of salsa will do. You can use the jar salsa or the salsa you find in the produce section. But I love making my own salsa.
- Beef broth
- Tomato sauce
- Pasta shells – Any medium size shells will work. You can also use Penne, large shells, or ziti pasta.
- Salt and Pepper
How to make taco pasta recipe:
- First start browning the beef, ½ cup of onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add in the taco seasoning, the salsa, tomato sauce, the beef broth and the pasta shells.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally 20 minutes or until cooked pasta is tender or al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Top with diced tomatoes, sour cream or any other taco toppings you would like.
- Dinner is ready in about 30 minutes.
Tips for the best Skillet Taco Pasta:
- If you like a spicer flavor, you can add in cayenne pepper or green chilies to the skillet. I also have mixed in some pepper jack cheese.
- This one pot skillet recipe is customizable. You can add in corn, beans or leave out the onions. I try and make it kid friendly. You can even put the beans on the side and you add them to the top.
- You can add in some additional seasoning such as chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder.
Use ingredients that you have on hand to make this recipe your own and one that you know your family will love.
Homemade Taco Hamburger Helper:
Taco pasta casserole is a hit with everyone! This recipe is comfort food at it’s best. It truly is the perfect weeknight dinner. Taco pasta skillet is similar to hamburger helper but SO much better.
You will discover that this recipe taste so much better and easier to make than the box hamburger helper. This meal is pretty amazing. I must admit though, I like it even better because I only have one pot to clean. It’s also pretty nice to have a meal that all the kids like.
It’s so refreshing to have a meal that can be cooked with rave reviews by everyone. Plus my teenagers have learned to put this meal together. They can help make it before you get home from work.
Print Taco pasta recipe below:
One Pot Beef Taco Pasta Skillet Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- (1) 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked pasta shells
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet or stock pan. Drain off any excess grease.
- Then stir in the taco seasoning, salsa, tomato sauce, beef broth and pasta shells.
- Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally for approximately 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe