This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for an easy meal that your entire family will enjoy, try Spicy Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe. It is loaded with tender chicken, cream cheese and more. It is creamy and delicious! This one pot meal is packed with flavor.
Spicy Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe:
This Spicy Creamy Pasta Recipes is loaded with flavor. It has the perfect level of spice with every bite. This skillet pasta dish is easy to make, creamy, hearty and delicious. The combination of these ingredients makes this one of my favorite pasta dish.
The Spicy Creamy Pasta Sauce has all the flavor you would expect. Mixing butter, heavy whipping cream and cayenne pepper makes the best sauce to cover the cook chicken.
Add your favorite pasta and top with parmesan cheese this pasta dish becomes a favorite weeknight meal. Serve this dish with some garlic bread and a side salad and your meal is complete.
Do you Cook Pasta Separately?
Before adding the pasta to this creamy pasta dish, you will need to cook them in a separate pan. Cook the pasta al dente according to the package.
We used ziti noodles, but you can any type of noodles that you prefer.
- Chicken Breasts
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper – If you don’t have Cayenne check out Best Cayenne Pepper Substitute post.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Ziti Pasta
How to Make Spicy Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- Melt butter in a skillet – In a large skillet heat about a tablespoon of the butter or use olive oil.
- Cook chicken and onions in skillet – Add chicken and the onions and allow it to brown, stirring occasionally. Let it get nice and brown and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add seasoning to skillet – While chicken is browning season it with salt and pepper. Add the Italian seasoning and the cayenne pepper.
- Top with Butter and Heavy Cream – Then mix in the remaining butter and heavy whipping cream.
- Boil mixture – Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and Simmer – Cover, reduce the heat to low. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare Pasta – While the chicken is cooking, cook the ziti to al dente based on the package instructions.
- Remove Chicken from Heat – Remove the chicken mixture from the heat. Then stir in the grated parmesan cheese gradually until the cheese is melted and all mixed in.
- Stir in Ziti and Enjoy – Then stir in the cooked ziti. Serve warm and top with additional parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Spicy Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Tips:
- Pasta – Make sure to cook the pasta according to the package. I usually cook it al dente which means it is cook through but still has a bite to it.
- Variation of Pasta – Any type of pasta will work with this recipe. We recommend ziti or rigatoni.
- Pasta – I like to add salt to the pasta to prevent them from sticking.
- Sauce – If you prefer a thinner sauce, you can add in some chicken broth or a little of the pasta water.
How to Adjust the Heat in the Recipe:
This recipe is so simple to adapt. You can easily make it spicier to less spicy by adjusting the Cajun seasoning. Feel free to add or omit based on your family preferences.
What to Serve with Creamy Chicken Pasta?
This Creamy Chicken Pasta is a heavy meal, so we like to keep the sides simple. But we also like to make sure they are easy to prepare. These are some of our favorite sides to serve.
- Salad – We often serve a simple salad with this meal. It is quick and easy and goes great with the pasta.
- Vegetables – You could also try Roasted Green Beans or learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave. Both of these make for a super easy veggie side dish.
- Garlic Bread – We love to serve this creamy pasta with breadsticks or cheese sticks. We love to dip our bread with the sauce.
- Change the Chicken – We used diced chicken breast in this recipe, but you can also dice up chicken thighs. Chicken tenders will also work in this recipe.
- Add in Smoked Sausage – Another idea is to try smoked andouille sausage instead of chicken. You can even mix the two.
- Add Vegetables – This is a great recipe to add in red peppers, green bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms.
- Diced Tomatoes – Mix in some Rotel for additional spice to the recipe. It gives it some much flavor. You can also just add a can of tomato sauce.
- Change the Seasoning – Cajun seasoning is great but you can use different seasoning blend if you prefer. You can also add in some smoked paprika for added flavor. Red Pepper Flakes can also make the dish spicier.
- Cream Cheese – If you want the sauce to be more creamier you can add in some cream cheese. Combine with the heavy cream makes the sauce yummy.
- Garlic Powder – Add in some garlic powder, minced garlic or fresh garlic for added flavor. If adding fresh garlic, cook it when you add in the onion.
How to Store:
Storing Creamy Chicken Pasta is easy to do. Place leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
We think the leftovers taste even better the next day as the ingredients really marinate together.
Print this Creamy Chicken and Pasta recipe below:
Spicy Creamy Chicken
- In a large skillet heat about a tablespoon of the butter.
- Add chicken and the onions and allow it to brown, stirring occasionally. Let it get nice and brown and cook until the onions are soft.
- While chicken is browning season it with salt and pepper. Add the Italian seasoning and the cayenne pepper.
- Then mix in the remaining butter and heavy whipping cream.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the ziti to al dente based on the package instructions.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the heat. Then stir in the grated parmesan cheese gradually until the cheese is melted and all mixed in.
- Then stir in the cooked ziti. Serve warm and top with additional parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these Chicken Pasta Recipes:
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Marry Me Chicken
- 20 Easy Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
- Easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe