This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Skillet bruschetta chicken is a delicious Italian meal idea. You will love the tender chicken topped with fresh bruschetta and cheese. Serve over pasta for an easy dinner.
Skillet bruschetta chicken
Do you need an easy weeknight dinner that is delicious and simple? Try this Bruschetta Chicken Recipe! It truly is quick and easy with very little pots and pans to clean up afterwards.
That’s a winner in my book. If you are tired of spaghetti and want something different, this chicken pasta recipe is amazing. Your family will go crazy over this one.
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta means bread with topping in Italian. The topping is tomatoes, onion, basil, balsamic vinegar and more. In this case, we use the topping on chicken and it is delicious.
What is chicken bruschetta made of?
This easy meal sounds fancy but it is actually very simple. You start with chicken breasts that you brown in a skillet and add a delicious topping of diced tomatoes seasoned with olive oil and balsamic and other yummy ingredients. It is so fresh and yummy.
The entire family will love this!
Oh my goodness! This recipe is fabulous! The kids love it and I love it!
- Chicken Breasts
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Roma Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Fresh Basil
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
How to make bruschetta chicken
First, add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Put the chicken breasts in the pan and top with the seasonings.
Second, cook the chicken until browned and cooked through. This does not take long and about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove from the pan and set aside. Let it rest for 5 minutes. You can also add cheese if you prefer.
Next, mix together the tomatoes while the chicken is resting. Combine the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat to low. Let this simmer for a few minutes until it starts to thicken. You want the amount of balsamic to reduce to about ½ of the original amount.
Now, get out a separate mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil and seasonings. Combine all of this really good.
Finally, add the tomato mixture to each chicken breast and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
It is best served as soon as you top the chicken with the tomatoes. Serve and enjoy!
What Is a balsamic glaze?
Cooking balsamic vinegar results in balsamic glaze. When cooked, it turns into a sweet syrup like consistency.
How to serve Bruschetta Chicken?
We love the chicken served over pasta. Any type will work. You can use angel hair, spaghetti, penne, bow tie or whatever you have in the pantry.
I also like to add some type of veggie. We love this easy Oven Roasted Asparagus that can be ready in less than 10 minutes! You can also steam broccoli in the microwave for a really quick and easy side. It is that simple!
Another easy idea is to serve a simple side salad.
This recipe is also really good with Italian Bread or these yummy Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks ! You can soak up every last bit of this delicious tomato sauce. Yum!
There is rarely any of this yummy Bruschetta Chicken leftover but I think it’s even better the next day. The flavors have even longer to blend and it’s just so good.
Tips for chicken bruschetta recipe:
- Make sure your chicken gets nice and brown before you flip it. It keeps your chicken juicy and adds tons of flavor to your sauce.
- Use fresh ingredients to make the tomato mixture. It really is the star of the show so try to use great quality in season ingredients.
- We used a cast iron skillet because I love how evenly it cooks food. Cast iron is amazing.
Skillet Bruschetta chicken recipe is so easy!
The next time you are in the mood for Italian but don’t want the same stuff, give this a try! It is so delicious and really quick and easy.
Print this Bruschetta chicken recipe below:
Skillet Bruschetta Chicken
For The Chicken:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add in the chicken breasts and season them with the Italian seasoning, garlic and salt.
- Brown the chicken in the pan on medium high heat and until the cook is cooked through (approximately 5-6 minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken to a pan and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, combine the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar together in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and the amount of balsamic has been reduce to approximately ½ of the original amount.
- In a separate bowl combine the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil, garlic powder and salt.
- Then top each chicken breast with the tomato mixture and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe