This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
You are going to fall in love with this Marry Me Chicken Recipe. It is creamy, delicious and easy to make. Tender chicken cooked in a tasty sauce.
Best Marry Me Chicken Recipe:
This Marry Me Chicken is a family favorite recipe. The chicken breast are cooked in a skillet and then seasoned and simmered in a sun dried tomato sauce. You will win over the hearts of your loved ones with this delicious recipe.
The combination of the seasoning makes this a easy weeknight dinner. Loaded with flavor this Marry Me Chicken takes less than 30 minutes to make. If you have some thinly sliced chicken breast, this is the recipe to make.
You can easily serve this chicken over white rice or some egg noodles. Add a side salad or roasted vegetables to complete this meal. Rich, hearty and delicious this is sure to be a crowd favorite.
What is Marry me Chicken?
Marry Me Chicken is chicken breast this is cooked in a creamy, delicious, hearty sauce. It is so good that it warms the hearts of your family and friends and you will want to marry it. This dish is that good.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – Use chicken cutlets or filet your chicken breast so they cook evenly.
- Olive Oil – Add to skillet to cook chicken.
- Salted Butter – We like using unsalted butter for the added flavor.
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning – We love to season with this seasoning blend.
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- All Purpose Flour
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Makes the sauce creamy and thick.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes (drained)
- Fresh Basil (optional for garnish)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional for garnish)
How to Make Marry Me Chicken:
- Step 1 – Prepare Skillet – Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan.
- Step 2 – Brown Chicken – Season the chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Brown the chicken breasts in the oil and butter for 2-3 minutes per side. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until the garlic is aromatic.
- Step 3 – In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and flour.
- Step 4 – Combine Mixture – Add this mixture to the pan. Bring the mixture to a low simmer. Then stir in the heavy whipping and sun dried tomatoes.
- Step 5 – Simmer Chicken in Sauce – Simmer on low for 4-6 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Step 6 – Serve and enjoy – Serve warm topped with the fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Marry Me Chicken?
- Pasta – Make a batch of egg noodles or spaghetti noodles to serve with this cream dish. We love to pour extra sauce over the top.
- Mashed Potatoes – This chicken dish is served perfectly with a side of mashed potatoes.
- Cheese Bread – If you love dipping into the sauce, make a side of cheese bread. This homemade cheese bread recipe is easy to make and the perfect side.
- Zucchini Noodles – If you are wanting a low carb option, we like to make zucchini noodles. It is a great combination and perfect side.
- Cauliflower Rice – Another low carb side would be cauliflower rice. It looks just like rice but is all veggie and low carb.
- Chicken – I used an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature before eating.
- Filet Chicken – When we make this recipe, it is important to make sure the chicken is cut in about the same size. This ensures that it cooks evenly. We usually filet our chicken breast before cooking.
- Heat Oil – Before placing the chicken in the skillet, heat the oil and butter. We recommend using a cast iron skillet for the best flavor. Cook chicken until golden brown
- Sauce – Bring the sauce to a boil before adding in the heavy cream and sundried tomatoes. This keeps the cream from breaking down. The results are a thick, creamy sauce.
- Crock Pot – If you prefer you can make Crock Pot Marry Me Chicken for an easy dump and go recipe.
- Cook Time – Cook time may vary based on your skillet. Turn heat to medium high heat and allow chicken to cook. It may take about 15 minutes depending how thick your chicken is.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Chicken Variations – You can easily use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe instead of chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Extra Spice – If you like to add in some extra flavor or heat to the sauce, sprinkle in some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- White Wine – Instead of chicken broth use white wine for added flavor.
- Heavy Cream – You can easily use half and half instead of heavy whipping cream. But the sauce may not be as thick.
- Bread the Chicken – If you prefer, you can bread the chicken with flour, salt and pepper. This gives the chicken a nice coating but it is not necessary.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This marry me chicken reheats easily in the microwave. It is even better the next day as the ingredients really marinate together.
Add a side of rice or noodles and store in an individual container for a quick lunch idea.
Can I Freeze Marry Me Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze Marry Me Chicken. You can either freeze the mixture prior to cooking or after it has been cooked. Place in a freezer safe container or freezer bag and place in the freezer.
If stored properly the freezer meal will last about 4 months. When you are ready to serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in skillet or the microwave.
Easy Marry Me Chicken Recipe:
Marry Me Chicken is a great recipe to change up your chicken recipes. We eat a lot of chicken and my kids get tired of the same thing week after week. Cooking the chicken and then pouring this sauce over the top is so rich and hearty.
Simple ingredients makes this recipe so easy to make. We love to serve with rice or pasta but it can also work if you are following the Keto Diet. Add a side of asparagus and cauliflower rice for a complete Keto Meal idea.
Impress your family with this quick and easy chicken recipe. They will be so happy with the change and will be making sure every last drop is gone.
Print Recipe here for Marry Me Chicken:
Marry Me Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes drained
- Fresh Basil optional for garnish
- Grated Parmesan Cheese optional for garnish
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Brown the chicken breasts in the oil and butter for 2-3 minutes per side. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until the garlic is aromatic.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and flour. Add this mixture to the pan. Bring the mixture to a low simmer. Then stir in the heavy whipping and sun dried tomatoes. Simmer on low for 4-6 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Serve warm topped with the fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Chicken Dinners:
- How to Make a Rotisserie Chicken
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Pack