This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Creamy and delicious Crockpot Marry Me Chicken is easy to make in the slow cooker. Simple ingredients makes this a family favorite meal.
Crockpot Marry Me Chicken Recipe:
Marry Me Chicken Crock Pot Recipe is loaded with flavor with the simple ingredients. Chicken breast is cooked in a creamy sauce with sun dried tomatoes and easy pantry seasoning to make a delicious dish.
Very little prep is need to get everything tossed into your slow cooker. The results are a juicy and tender chicken breast that is full of flavor. This recipe is family friendly and there rarely is any leftovers.
Serve this delicious chicken and creamy sauce over noodles with a side of vegetables and bread for a complete meal idea. Crowd pleasing recipe that is rich and delicious.
Why do they call it Marry Me Chicken?
The reason this delicious chicken is called Marry Me Chicken is because of the ingredients. All the ingredients combine together perfectly making it marry one another recipe.
Some say it is because that once you make this delicious recipe for a loved one that they will propose. Either way you look at it, your family will be pleased.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- All Purpose Flour
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Sundried Tomatoes (drained)
- Salted Butter
- Fresh Basil (optional for garnish)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional for garnish)
How to Make Marry Me Chicken in the Slow Cooker:
- Step 1 – Heat Oil and Brown Chicken – Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the chicken breasts in the oil for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Step 2 – Combine Sauce Ingredients – In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and flour. Add this mixture to a crock pot. Add in the minced garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Gently mix to combine these ingredients.
- Step 3 – Add chicken to slow cooker – Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot. Top the chicken with the sun dried tomatoes and butter.
- Step 4 – Cover and Cook – Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-3.5 hours. Cook until the chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will vary.
- Step 5 – Add Heavy Cream – Stir the heavy whipping cream into the crock pot. Stir in for the last 60 minutes if cooking on low or 30 minutes if cooking on higher.
- Step 6 – Serve with pasta and enjoy – Serve warm over pasta topped with the fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Marry Me Chicken:
- Pasta – We served our creamy chicken with spaghetti noodles, but you can use any type of noodles you prefer.
- Toppings – Don’t forger the toppings. We love to top our with grated parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- Salads – This is meal is hearty and delicious meal so you can easily serve it with a salad loaded with vegetables.
- Roasted Vegetables – For an easy side, roast some broccoli or asparagus.
- Garlic Bread – We love this easy garlic bread recipe. It is perfect to give every last drop of the creamy sauce.
How to Thicken the Sauce:
If you want a thicker sauce, you can leave the lid off the slow cooker for a few minutes. This usually results in the sauce getting thicker.
You can also reduce the amount of chicken broth you add and this should help with thickening the sauce.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to Freeze and Reheat:
Place room temperature leftovers in a freezer safe container. If stored properly the leftovers will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve, thaw ingredients in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat leftovers in the microwave for a delicious meal.
Slow Cooker Marry Me Chicken Variations:
- Chicken – You can easily use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe instead of chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Heat – If you like to add in some extra flavor or heat to the sauce, sprinkle in some cayenne pepper.
- Lower Fat – If you would like to reduce the fat, use half and half instead of heavy cream.
- Chicken Broth – We used Chicken broth in this recipe, but you can also use chicken stock.
- Cauliflower Rice – Instead of serving with pasta, this creamy chicken would be delicious with rice. You can serve it with white rice, cauliflower rice, or brown rice.
Can I Make Marry Me Chicken in the Skillet?
Yes, you can definitely prepare this recipe in a skillet instead of a slow cooker.
- Flour chicken and cook in a skillet.
- Once chicken is brown, remove chicken from skillet and cook the other ingredients.
- Heat the broth, heavy cream and the seasoning together.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer.
- Serve and enjoy with pasta or rice.
This is a delicious way to cook the Marry Me Chicken.
Easy Marry Me Chicken Dinner:
You are going to love this easy Marry Me Chicken Dinner. The chicken is cooked tender and juicy in the crock pot with the simple ingredients.
Serve this chicken dinner with pasta or rice and you will have a simple weeknight dinner idea.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Marry Me Chicken:
Crock Pot Marry Me Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/3 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes drained
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- Fresh Basil optional for garnish
- Grated Parmesan Cheese optional for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the chicken breasts in the oil for 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and flour. Add this mixture to a crock pot. Add in the minced garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Gently mix to combine these ingredients.
- Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot and top the chicken with the sun dried tomatoes and butter. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-3.5 hours until the chicken is cooked through. Stir the heavy whipping cream into the crock pot for the last 60 minutes if cooking on low or 30 minutes if cooking on higher.
- Serve warm over pasta topped with the fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Recipe
- Slow Cooker Coca Cola Chicken
- French Onion Crock Pot Chicken Recipe