This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This No Peek Chicken and Rice Recipe is a super easy dinner idea that combines easily in a baking dish. This chicken recipe is loaded with flavor and easy to make.
This chicken recipe is always a whole family favorite. All the ingredients are combined and baked in a casserole dish for an easy weeknight meal. As a busy mom of 8, I love easy main dish recipes that cook in one dish so I can get dinner on the table quick and easy.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
Simple ingredients makes this recipe a crowd favorite and the best comfort food. The sauce ingredients are combined and then poured into the baking dish with the chicken.
In about an hour, dinner is done and loaded with delicious flavor. Even my picky eaters clean their plates. Add your favorite side dish recipes, for a complete meal idea.
Why Called No Peek Chicken?
This super easy dinner recipe is called no peek because everything is added to the baking dish and the oven does all the work. There is no need to flip the chicken in this chicken casserole dish.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cream of Chicken Soup (10.5 ounces)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (10.5 ounces)
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Long-Grain White Rice (uncooked)
- Onion Soup Mix
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Cream Soup – We used canned cream soup but you can also make Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup or Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup. We have even substituted cream of mushroom with cream of celery soup.
- Chicken – We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can also use chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2 – In a large bowl whisk together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and sprinkle onion soup mix. Then stir in the uncooked rice.
Step 3 – Spread this mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture and season them with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the rice and chicken are cooked through in a preheated oven.
- Step 5 – Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Then remove the foil from the pan and the chicken and rice is ready to serve and enjoy. We like to garnish with parsley right before serving.
- Prepare Baking Dish – Before pouring the soup mixture into the baking dish, make sure to spray with cooking spray. This helps for an easy cleanup and makes serving a breeze.
- Rice – There is no need to cook the rice before placing into the soup mixture. The rice will cook while in the oven with the chicken mixture.
- Cover Chicken and Rice – While the chicken and rice is baking, cover with aluminum foil and bake. This helps to lock in the heat while the chicken and rice cook. Remember this is a no peek dish so there is no need to flip the chicken.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat the leftovers in the microwave in 1 minute intervals or in the oven if you have a lot leftover.
Yes, you can freeze this chicken and rice recipe. Place in a freezer safe container and store for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy again, allow to thaw overnight in the fridge and then reheat.
More Easy Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Southwest Crock pot Chicken and Rice
- Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this No Peek Chicken and Rice Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
No Peek Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and onion soup mix. Then stir in the uncooked rice.
- Spread this mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture and season them with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the rice and chicken are cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Then remove the foil from the pan and the chicken and rice is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe