Crock pot savory chicken recipe is one of those really simple recipes that sounds too good to be true but is really fantastic. With just 3 ingredients, you can throw together dinner in no time at all that tastes amazing.
Crockpot Savory Chicken Recipe
One of my friends, Amy, emailed this recipe ages ago to me. To be honest, I was a little skeptical. How could something so simple be good?
I am pretty impressed with this Italian shredded chicken recipe. It was simply wonderful.
Now it is a family favorite and one of my go to easy recipes for busy nights. Since you only need 3 things to make this, it is so easy to toss and go. It is simple enough that even during crazy busy mornings, you can throw this in the crock pot.
I love coming home to dinner ready to enjoy. The flavor of the onion soup mix and the Italian dressing really make the best slow cooked chicken dish. Trust me on this because you will love it!
Make sure you have a good slow cooker to make this crock pot savory chicken.
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Instant Pot Aura. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker. It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean.
It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances. I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
You can use your instant pot or pressure cooker if you prefer.
What ingredients do you need to make Slow Cooker Italian Chicken:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts
- Zesty Italian dressing
- Onion Soup mix (Try Homemade Onion Soup Mix)
How do you make this easy Slow Cooker Chicken?
- This is the easiest toss and go recipe. Just put all of the ingredients into the slow cooker after you season chicken.
- Cover and cook on low until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Shred the chicken and put back in the crock pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
What to serve with crockpot savory chicken?
This meal is so versatile and you can easily serve it lots of different ways.
- Serve it with Rice – We recently had it with rice and it was amazing. We do this for lots of meals and it helps put together a quick meal. Shredded Creamy Italian Chicken over Rice is my favorite.
- Make Chicken Sliders – The chicken is also really tasty on rolls or buns. We love to make sandwiches when we are on the go or need something fast.
- Add some vegetables – We love to have a side of vegetables when making this Italian chicken. Steam Broccoli or Roasted Asparagus is our go-to vegetable.
Make this for your next Party!
They also make great party food or Game day sandwiches. We have even made sliders for parties and served these delicious chicken.
Add one of these recipes and you are ready to go:
Variations to crock pot savory chicken:
The ideas are endless to enjoy this delicious chicken recipe. Some of our favorites include:
- Serve it on mashed potatoes
- Have a baked potato bar and top with this chicken
- Serve on top of pasta and add chicken broth or chicken stock to thin the mixture. It would also make a great chicken soup.
- Use rolls or slider buns to make sandwiches
- Serve over salad.
- Add potatoes to the mixture to make crockpot chicken and potatoes
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top for sesame chicken.
- I will sprinkle in some garlic powder when I am preparing the meal.
Can you use chicken thighs?
You can use chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins to make this recipe. This is a great way to help your budget and it will still turn out perfectly.
Both options are awesome. Just use what you have.
Print this creamy chicken slow cooker recipe below:
Crock pot Savory Chicken recipe
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup italian dressing
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook until chicken is no longer pink (about 6 to 7 hours on low)
- Shred the chicken and let cook for another hour or so.
- Serve on rolls, buns, or over rice.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe