Crock Pot Mango Salsa Chicken is an amazing flavor packed meal. The mango salsa blends perfectly with the chicken for the best sweet and spicy flavor. Your family will love this delicious chicken and it is so easy in the slow cooker.
Crock Pot Mango Salsa Chicken
We love slow cooker recipes and the easier the better. This is the perfect meal for busy weeknights and sure to please the entire family.
The chicken is so tender from being slow cooked all day. The mango salsa makes this meal really delicious. We keep things simple and serve this over rice and everyone just loves it.
The chicken and mango provide the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Your family will love it!
Do I have to make Mango Peach Salsa?
To prepare this crock pot recipe, we used the premade mango salsa recipe that you can get at the grocery store.
Mango Peach Salsa is made up of fresh peaches and mangos. Combined with bell peppers, red onion, cilantro, and jalapenos. It is the perfect salsa topped with this crock pot recipe.
It is perfectly sweet and spicy and the lime juice makes it even better. Sometimes I add a little green onion to the top.
- Chicken Breasts
- Mango Peach Salsa
- Black Beans
- Fresh Lime
How to make Slow Cooker Mango Chicken
- Gather all Ingredients – Put everything in the slow cooker except the mango, cilantro and rice.
- Cook Ingredients – Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on medium high heat for 3-4 hours. Let everything cook until the chicken is falling apart.
- Shred Chicken – I like to remove the chicken shred it once it is finished cooking. It is so tender you can easily shred it with a fork.
- Add the fresh cilantro and combine with other ingredients.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve with rice and top with fresh mango and salt and pepper.
How long should you cook Chicken in the Slow Cooker?
Cooking chicken in the crock pot will vary. Cooking chicken on low will take about 6 to 8 hours or on hour for about 4 hours. If your chicken is frozen it may take a little longer to cook.
We like to cook our chicken on low so it doesn’t dry out.
Can I Grill the Chicken instead?
Yes, this is the perfect meal to make Grilled Chicken and serve fresh mango on top. As a result, you will have flavor chicken and an amazing meal. Grill the chicken about 4-6 minutes per side so that it is cooked thoroughly.
We like to use a meat thermometer. So that we know that the meat has an internal temperature of 165 degrees. To make sure that the chicken doesn’t stick to the grill, oil the grates with olive oil.
How to serve Mango Salsa Chicken:
Mango Salsa Chicken is the perfect meal to serve during the meal or when you are feeding a crowd. Here are some ways to serve this meal:
- Rice – You can serve it over white rice, cauliflower rice, or brown rice.
- Serve it plain – If you are on a low carb diet, this Mango Salsa Chicken by itself.
- Add it to a Wrap – This Mango Salsa Chicken is perfect wrapped up in a flour tortilla.
- Avocado and Fresh Mango – Add some fresh sliced avocado and fresh mango to enhance the flavor.
- Use Peach Salsa – Peach salsa is a great option for this recipe. Peach salsa is made of fresh ingredients including, peaches, tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro and easy seasoning.
- Regular Salsa – If you can’t find mango salsa, you can use regular salsa. You can also include ½ mango diced in the crock pot before you cook.
- Leftover Mango Salsa – With the leftover Mango Salsa, you can use as a dip with some tortilla chips. We love to cut a mango to add to salsa.
- Grilled Chicken Mango – Grill some chicken and add some fresh mango to make a easy, healthy meal.
Tip for Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken:
- Budget Friendly Recipe – This recipe requires easy ingredients. As a result, you can change the chicken or any of the other ingredients to what you have on hand.
- Freezer Friendly – Prepare this meal ahead of time by placing everything in a freezer bag.
- Make a Soup – Add in chicken broth to make a soup. Once the chicken is cooked remove the chicken and shred. Add the chicken back to This makes a great soup.
- Add in different flavors – You can add some additional flavors by adding some fresh herbs or slice black olives. If you want some extra heat, add in some chili powder.
Print this Mango Salsa Chicken Recipe below:
Crock Pot Mango Salsa Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar mango peach salsa (15 oz)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 fresh lime (juiced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 fresh mango (chopped)
- 6 cups white rice (cooked)
- Place everything but the mango, cilantro and rice in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken, shred, and return to the crock pot.
- Stir in the fresh cilantro.
- Spoon on top of warm white rice and top with fresh mango. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe