This doesn’t look the MOST appetizing, but it this crock pot salsa chicken is DELICOUS! You can serve this simple recipe on rice (like we did) or you can serve it in tortillas to make burritos or eat it on its own.
This easy dinner is very easy to make….. Just toss everything in the crock pot. We actually keep our chicken breasts frozen.
Let it cook all day – about 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
Then just simply remove the chicken and shred it. That is literally it to make!
Serve on rice, tortillas, or even tortilla chips. We like to top with shredded cheese too. YUM!
Time saving tip (and freezer cooking tip): You can easily toss all this in a baggy and freeze together. That way when you need an easy dinner you can toss it in the crockpot with no effort in the morning.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts -still frozen
- 1 can black beans, rinsed (you can also use your frozen beans)
- 1 cup salsa (I used Picante)
- 1 cup frozen corn (optional)
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Place everything else on top of the chicken and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over rice. You could also serve with tortillas. Enjoy!
How much did this cost me?
- Chicken – about $3
- Salsa – got the entire jar for $.50, so less than a quarter
- Black beans – $.25
- Frozen corn – less than a quarter
Try it and let me know what you think. This is definitely a regular at our house!
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.