The Crock Pot makes Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs tender and delicious without any work. Each bite of Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs Recipe is bursting with delicious lime flavor for a meal that your family will love.
Slow Cooker Cilantro Chicken Thighs Recipe:
Do you need a budget friendly meal that is easy and the entire family will enjoy? You must try this Chili Lime Chicken Thighs for the best meal that is incredibly simple.
Each chicken thigh is so tender and yummy that it falls off the bone. The lime and honey combine for a really tangy flavor that your family will go crazy over. It is that good. Your kids will gobble this meal right up.
We love meals that Crock Pot Chicken Thighs are frugal, easy and everyone loves. It sure makes dinner time easy around here.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh Recipe:
We love a good chicken thigh recipe. The Chicken Thighs are slow cooked all day with easy pantry ingredients. Then topped with fresh cilantro.
The lime juice and all the seasoning are brought together to give a flavorful chicken thigh recipe. These chicken thighs are great served over rice or with a side of mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
Using our crock pot makes it so much easier to get dinner done. My family comes home to a home cooked meal to enjoy as a family.
Slow Cooker Recommendations:
If you are in the market for something new, I really love Instant Pot Aura. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
Another favorite is a programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These plastic bags are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
- Bone In Chicken Thighs
- Lime Wedges
- Chili Powder
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs:
- Mix together seasonings – In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, chili powder, cumin, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add Chicken to Crock Pot – Place the chicken thighs into the slow cooker.
- Top with Seasoning Mixture – Brush the mixture on top of the chicken in the crock pot.
- Add Cilantro – Top with the chopped cilantro.
- Cook Chicken Thighs – Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or cooked on high for 3 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Broil Chicken – Then place the chicken on a foil lined baking sheet and broil for 4-7 minutes until the skin on the chicken is browned slightly.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then the chicken is ready to enjoy
How do I know when chicken is done?
To check to see if your chicken is done, we recommend using a meat thermometer. When you are checking the temperature of the chicken, insert the thermometer in the center part of the chicken.
The meat thermometer should have a reading of 165 degrees when it is fully cooked.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Thigh Tips:
- Fresh Ingredients – We love that this recipe calls for fresh ingredients as well as staple pantry seasoning. The combination really gives this chicken so much flavor.
- Cooking Times – The cooking times given are for thawed chicken thighs. If your chicken is frozen, you may need to cook a little longer.
- Broiling Chicken – When you broil chicken in the oven to give it that crispy brown texture, make sure to watch it so it doesn’t burn.
Can you Grill Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs?
Yes, these cilantro lime chicken thighs would be great on the grill. I would recommend preparing your chicken thighs and let them marinate in the cilantro lime mixture overnight.
Once you are ready to prepare your chicken thighs, simply remove them from the zip lock bag and place them on the hot grill. The smoky flavor and crispy texture make this a great alternative to the crock pot.
Remove from grill once the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Then you can serve with a side of rice and a vegetable. Or shred the chicken to make a taco bowl or enchiladas. This is a great option to use up your leftovers.
Can I bake Lime Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can bake this chicken in the oven. If you don’t have a slow cooker or would prefer to bake this, place chicken in a baking dish. Top with the cilantro lime ingredients and cover with foil.
Bake chicken covered for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Then remove foil covering and bake for additional 15 minutes.
- Change the Chicken Type – If you prefer, you can use chicken drum sticks or chicken breast. But we really prefer the boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Cilantro – If you do not like cilantro, you can just omit it from the recipe and try a different type of herb seasoning.
- Shred the Chicken – You can easily remove the chicken from the bone and use the flavorful chicken in tortilla or to top a salad.
- Onion Powder – Add in a teaspoon of onion powder if you prefer. The onion powder with the garlic helps with pulling in all the flavors.
- Cook on the Stove Top – The chicken thighs would be a great option to make in your cast iron skillet.
Can this be prepared ahead of time?
Cilantro Lime Chicken can be prepared ahead of time. We love to meal prep for the week, and this is the perfect meal to prepare. Simply, place all the ingredients in a zip lock freezer bag and freeze.
Once you are ready to prepare, simply take the freezer bag out of the freezer and place the ingredients in the slow cooker. Then cook in the slow cooker for an amazing meal when you get home.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs:
- Serve with Rice – We love to serve our chicken with rice. It is so simple and we love to spoon the broth over the rice. Learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier. It is so nice to be able to grab rice from the freezer and have an easy side dish.
- Add Vegetables – When preparing this chicken, you can easily roast some vegetables for an amazing side dish.
- Potatoes – Add a side of Mash Potatoes or Bake Potatoes for a complete meal.
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs is a Family Favorite:
We love that this recipe only takes a few ingredients to prepare. With only a few minutes of prep time, my family can come home to a complete meal. There is no need to grab dinner out when this delicious meal can prepared with very little work.
We don’t eat chicken thighs a lot, but after making this recipe it has become a family favorite. Chicken thighs are full of flavor and fit into my grocery budget perfectly.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs:
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs (bone in with the skin on)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, chili powder, cumin, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Top with the chopped cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Then place the chicken on a foil lined baking sheet and broil for 4-7 minutes until the skin on the chicken is browned slightly.
- Then the chicken is ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe