Crock Pot Taco Salad Recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. You can enjoy this meal with very little effort, hardly any clean up and everyone will enjoy this flavorful recipe.
Crock Pot Taco Salad Recipe
Sometimes life is busy, ok every week life is busy. This means that dinner time often falls to the wayside. Not only does that make it stressful but can be costly if you end up getting take out.
To save money my family likes to eat quick meals that we can eat right before a soccer or baseball practice or right when we get home. The meals have to be fast and require very little effort.
Crockpot Taco Salads are exactly that. It takes no time at all, and if you have some paper plates or bowls then you only have your crockpot to clean.
Or use crockpot liners like I do and no mess at all. Some seasons of life you need all the help you can get and that is perfectly fine.
Easy Taco Salad Recipe:
We love this easy and simple taco salad recipe. The ground beef is cooked in the crock pot with taco seasoning, beans and salsa to make an easy dinner idea.
Mexican food is on the top of our meal plan weekly. This is one of my favorite meals to make because I always have the ingredients to make, which saves me time and money. We love Taco Tuesdays.
The ground beef recipe can be made in multiple meals including burrito bowls, tacos, or burritos. My kids have even did Frito Chili Pie with this recipe.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Black Beans
- Romaine Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Red Onion
- Avocado (How to Cut an Avocado)
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
It really is so simple to make this Crock Pot Taco Salad. With just a few easy ingredients tossed into the slow cooker, dinner will be ready when you get home!
How to Make Crock Pot Taco Salad:
- Cook Ground Beef – Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat with the diced onion with a little olive oil.
- Add to Crock Pot – Drain off the excess grease and place the beef and onion mixture in a crock pot.
- Stir in Ingredients – Add in the black beans, salsa and taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cook in Crock Pot – Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours in your crock pot.
- Make your Salads – Then it’s time to assemble the salads.
- Add your favorite Toppings – Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Top with the tortilla chips, beef mixture, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, red onion, avocado and sour cream.
- Serve immediate and enjoy.
Tips for the Best Taco Salad:
- Change the Beans – If you don’t like black beans, you pinto beans or kidney beans. Both are great options for this taco salad.
- Add a Dressing – Growing up we always used Catalina Salad Dressing but you can top with salsa or any dressing that you prefer.
- Change the Meat – You can use ground turkey or mix ground turkey and ground beef. You can also use shredded pork or chicken meat.
- Chop your lettuce – Chop you lettuce in bite size pieces. You can mix in some cilantro with lettuce.
- Use different Chips – You can use tortilla chips, Fritos, or even Doritos.
- Low Carb Option – If you are trying to do low carb, just omit the chips and make you a salad. It is still so good.
- Taco Seasoning – Make Homemade Taco Seasoning. This taco seasoning taste so much better than the packet and it is easy to make. The seasoning includes chili powder, cumin, and more. All staple pantry ingredients.
Crockpot Taco Salad Toppings:
We love serving Crock Pot Taco Salad a family get-together. I love setting up a taco bar with all of the toppings. These are our favorite toppings:
- Shredded Cheese – Try cheddar cheese, Colby, mozzarella and more
- Sour Cream
- Diced Onion – red onion, spring onion, white onion
- Hot Sauce
- Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- Crushed up tortilla chips or Frito corn chips.
- Shredded Lettuce
- Pico de Gallo
- Roasted Corn Salsa – We love making roasted corn salsa to top this taco salad.
- Squeeze Fresh Lime
Just use what your family enjoys the most. It is so tasty however you decide to serve it and your family will love this recipe. It is super easy.
How to serve Taco Salad:
This recipe is great as a taco salad, but there are more options to try. When I make a recipe, I love to figure out different ways to use the leftovers.
- Burritos – just add rice and tortillas
- Tacos – Make the meat without the beans. You can make Refried Beans.
- Turn leftovers into Walking Tacos.
Something else to remember, you are only having all the flavors combine. This makes it so easy to enjoy this same recipe multiple ways with the meat mixture. See What to Serve with Taco Salad for more side dishes.
We also like to make Crockpot Taco Rice Soup. It is the perfect recipe to turn leftovers into a second meal that everyone will love. You can enjoy taco night any day of the week.
How to store leftovers:
When we make this recipe, I like to double it. Taco meat is great leftover and it can be used for so many different meals. We store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator. The taco meat will stay good for about 3-5 days.
I usually make some rice and make individual containers for my husband and I to have lunches for the week. Taco Meat is the perfect dish to meal prep with. My kids even enjoy these containers when they get home from school.
Crock Pot Taco Salad is a crowd pleaser!
This is my go-to meal when we have people over to watch the big game. It is easy to make and everyone loves it. Plus, it is great to feed big crowds without breaking the bank.
Everyone can bring their favorite sides and make it a taco bar night. Whatever you top with taco salad with it is always a satisfying meal.
Print this easy Crock Pot Taco Salad recipe below:
Crock Pot Taco Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ onion (diced)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans (15 oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat with the diced onion. Drain off the excess grease and place the beef and onion mixture in a crock pot.
- Add in the black beans, salsa, water and taco seasoning. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Then it’s time to assemble the salads.
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Top with the tortilla chips, beef mixture, cilantro, tomatoes, cheese, red onion, avocado and sour cream.
- Serve immediate and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Looks yummy. Thank you so much for sharing.