This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers goes from grill to table in less than 15 minutes. Shrimp Kabobs are marinated in a delicious lemon herb blend for a great meal.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Shrimp is one of our favorite meals to serve. It is so yummy and only takes minutes to cook. I can literally serve this to my family in less time than getting take out.
You can use any marinade you love but we are using this savory lemon herb blend in this recipe. This grilled shrimp recipe is flavor packed and amazing.
- Large Raw Shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails-on)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon, Juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
How to make grilled shrimp skewers on the grill:
Step 1. Combine the marinade ingredients. Whisk together all the ingredients except for the shrimp in a large bowl.
Step 2. Add the shrimp. Place the shrimp in the bowl.
Step 3. Allow the shrimp to marinate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Step 4. Soak the wooden skewers. While the shrimp is marinading, soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
Step 5. Fire up the grill. Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
Step 6. Make the skewers. Then thread the shrimp gently onto the wooden skewers.
Step 7. Grill the shrimp. Place the skewers directly on the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Step 8. Serve and enjoy. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
How to cook shrimp skewers on the stove:
- Step 1. Heat Pan over medium high heat. You can use a cast iron or grill pan.
- Step 2. Add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Step 3. Add more marinade. Use a pastry brush to add more marinade as the shrimp cooks.
- Step 4. Serve the shrimp. Transfer to a platter and enjoy.
This is the perfect option when the weather does not allow for grilling outside. It is super fast and turns out delicious.
Tips for skewered grilled shrimp:
- Don’t marinate the shrimp too long. You do not want to marinate longer than 2 hours. The acidity from the lemon will actually begin to cook the shrimp.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Depending on what variety you buy, you may need to peel and devein the shrimp. This needs to be done before placing in the marinade or it will only be on the outside of the shrimp.
- Skewers. We used wooden skewers so it is important to soak them. This will help the wood not to catch on fire during the grilling process. You can also use metal skewers if you prefer and they do not need to be soaked.
- Shrimp. The larger jumbo shrimp is better than the small size.
- Frozen Shrimp. You can use fresh or frozen shrimp. If using frozen shrimp, it is best to allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill or Grill pan. You can place the shrimp directly on the outdoor grill or use a grill pan. Just use whatever you prefer.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp. Shrimp does not take long to cook at all. They will turn pink and opaque when fully cooked.
Be careful that you do not overcook it. They will become dry and rubbery if overcooked.
- Don’t use precooked shrimp. Make sure that you purchase raw shrimp. Otherwise, they will be rubbery once you cook them again on the grill.
- Fresh Lemon Juice. It is best to use fresh squeezed lemon juice in the marinade. While bottled lemon juice can be used in a pinch, it is not the same. Fresh really is best and the results will taste better.
What to serve with grilled shrimp:
- Vegetable kabobs. Keep things healthy and make veggie skewers for an easy grilled side dish with shrimp.
- Baked Potatoes on the Grill. Keep the kitchen cool and make baked potatoes on the grill.
- Grilled Green Beans. In just minutes, this flavor packed side dish comes together fast and easy.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftover shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It is great for salads, tacos and more. We love the leftovers. See Leftover Shrimp Recipes for easy ideas.
- Cayenne Pepper or Red Pepper Flakes. If you like things a little spicy, add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- Barbecue Sauce. Use your favorite brand of BBQ Sauce or use homemade barbecue sauce on the shrimp.
- Blackened Seasoning. Homemade Blackened Seasoning is easy to make and tastes great on shrimp.
- Lime. Substitute lime juice for the lemon juice in this recipe. It is another good citrus option to use.
- Garlic. We used garlic powder but fresh is another option. You can also use the minced garlic that comes in jars. Feel free to add more if you like a lot of garlic taste.
- Paprika. This is another yummy seasoning to use. Smoked Paprika is even better to use on the grill.
- Veggies. Add vegetables to the skewers and alternate with the shrimp. Try using bell peppers, mushrooms, squash, zucchini and onions.
Grilled Shrimp is such an easy dinner.
We love to make this for a quick and easy dinner that everyone always enjoys. It is healthy and so delicious. The entire recipe is very fast even for busy weeknights.
Give this a try for an instant hit.
Print Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe:
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Whisk together all the ingredients except for the shrimp in a medium size. Place the shrimp in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours. While the shrimp is marinading, soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Then thread the shrimp gently onto the wooden skewers.
- Place the skewers directly on the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy shrimp recipes:
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Garlic Grilled Parmesan Shrimp Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled shrimp foil packet