This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp recipe is an easy recipe to enjoy at home. The fresh lemon juice and simple seasonings make this copycat recipe taste just as good as the restaurant recipe.
Do you love to order the grilled shrimp at Texas Roadhouse? We are going to show you how simple it is to make at home. Texas Roadhouse Shrimp Recipe takes minutes to prepare and cook.
Save money and time by making this flavor packed meal at home. The garlic butter lemon blend is the best seafood recipe. It is a quick dinner idea or a fun appetizer that you can make in minutes.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Cook this Grilled Shrimp for a date night in or an easy weeknight meal.
- Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Parsley chopped (for serving)
- Lemon Wedges (for serving)
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
How to make Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp at home:
- Step 1. Combine the seasoning. Whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder and paprika in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 2. Place the shrimp in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours. While the shrimp is marinating, soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 3. Preheat the grill and skewer the shrimp. Next, preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Then thread the shrimp gently onto the wooden skewers.
- Step 4. Grill the shrimp skewers. Place the skewers directly on the hot grill. Then cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until pink, opaque, and cooked through. Use tongs to flip the skewers.
- Step 5. Serve and enjoy. Serve immediately on a serving platter. Garnish with the fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices. Sometimes we also like to serve with melted butter or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Shrimp. If you are using frozen shrimp, make sure it has completely thawed before grilling.
- Seasoning. You can modify the seasonings and try lemon pepper butter blend, onion powder, garlic, lemon, old bay seasoning, and more.
- Grill pan. If you can’t grill outdoors, try using a grill pan, a non-stick pan or a griddle to make these on the stove top.
- Soak the skewers. Wooden skewers should be soaked in water for at least 30 minutes before using. This will prevent them from burning while on the grill.
- Thread the shrimp. When putting the shrimp on the skewers, they need to lay flat for easy grilling.
- Seasoned Rice. Take this copycat recipe to the next level and pair it with Texas Copycat Seasoned Rice. You will think you are at the restaurant!
- Rolls. Homemade rolls are so delicious and these Texas Roadhouse Rolls are simple to make at home.
- Salad. Easy Caesar Salad Recipe pairs well with grilled shrimp.
- Baked Potatoes – Baked potatoes are the perfect side dish if you prefer potatoes over rice.
Grilled shrimp goes with many easy side dishes. These are just a few of our favorites to enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Refrigerate the leftover shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 days. We like to remove the skewers and place in individual containers with rice or whatever side dish you have.
This make it so easy to grab out of the refrigerator and microwave for lunches. You won’t be tempted to get takeout for lunch when you have this tasty meal readily available.
The shrimp needs to marinate for at least 20 minutes at a minimum but can be marinated up to 2 hours. The flavor is absolutely amazing so don’t skip this step.
This recipe does not take long to cook. Shrimp only takes 2 to 3 minutes per side. Be careful that you do not overcook the shrimp as it takes just minutes. Shrimp will be tough and chewy once overcooked.
More Grilled Shrimp Recipes
We love to hear from you. If you make these Copycat Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp Recipe, please leave us a comment.
Tecas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp
- Whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder and paprika. Place the shrimp in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours. While the shrimp is marinating, soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Then thread the shrimp gently onto the wooden skewers.
- Place the skewers directly on the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately garnished with the fresh parsley and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe