This hearty Turkey Chili Crockpot Recipe is thick and bursting with flavor. Loaded with easy ingredients and simple to make, makes an easy weeknight meal.
Turkey Chili Crockpot Recipe:
Crockpot Turkey Chili Recipe is a hearty, full of flavor chili recipe. This chili is loaded with ground turkey, beans, and easy seasoning. This is a healthy chili and can easily be made on the stove, crock pot or in your instant pot.
Turkey Chili Recipe Crockpot Recipe is one of my favorite ways to make chili. I love the combination of flavors and texture which makes this chili one that is perfect for a weeknight meal.
We love to cook with ground turkey because it is not only healthier for you, but it is much cheaper too. The ground turkey takes on the flavor of all the other ingredients and makes a delicious chili slow cooker recipe.
- Lean Ground Turkey
- Olive Oil
- Zucchini Shredded
- Onion, Diced
- Kidney Beans, Do not drain
- Crushed Tomatoes, 15 oz.
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Chicken Broth
How to Make Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground turkey and brown. Break it a part as it cooks. Then drain off any excess grease.
- Step 2 – Place the browned ground turkey in a 6 quart crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Step 3 – Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or cook on high for 4 hours.
- Step 4 – Serve with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy.
Crock Pot Turkey Chili Topping Ideas:
Turkey Chili is perfect for a weeknight meal or a crowd. We love having a chili bar when our friends come over. Chili is a crowd pleaser and easy on me to pull together when people come over.
- Shredded Cheese – There are many different cheeses that you can serve. We recommend Cheddar Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese. We recommend shredded cheese yourself, as the pre shredded cheese has other ingredients.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream is a must for this chili recipe. You can even top with plain yogurt.
- Hot Sauce – Hot Sauce is a great way to add some spice to your chili.
- Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- Saltine Crackers – Crushed up crackers is always a family favorite.
- Chip – We recommend tortilla chip or corn chips to serve with this chili recipe.
- Cornbread – Serving cornbread with this chili recipe is a must. Making homemade cornbread is easy to do with this simple recipe.
- Cilantro – We love cilantro and we love the extra flavor it brings out for the Tex Mex flavor.
- Onions – Chop some onions or green onions for extra flavor
- Flour Tortillas – We love making Frito Chili Wraps.
- Slice Avocados – Topping your chili with avocados can take some of the heat off
What to Serve with Turkey Chili:
There are many different sides to serve with Turkey Chili. Turkey Chili is the best comfort food and when the weather starts to colder, this is what we make.
- Cornbread – Chili is even better with cornbread crumbled on top. Homemade cornbread is very simple and so delicious.
- Bake Potato – Make bake potatoes and top with this homemade turkey chili.
- Other Chili Sides – These are the best ideas to please everyone. From light ideas such as salads to heartier sides like sandwiches, your family will love these recipes.
How to Cook Turkey Chili on Stovetop:
If you prefer you can make this Turkey Chili on the Stovetop. It is just as simple and you can easily use leftover ground turkey. Delicious Ground Turkey on Stovetop is a simple recipe that is also made with simple ingredients.
All you need to do is ground the turkey in a skillet and add to a large pot on the stove top. Simmer the ingredients for about 20 minutes then serve with your favorite sides and toppings.
How to Make Turkey Chili in the Instant Pot:
If you prefer, you can also make this Turkey Chili in in the Instant Pot. We love using our instant pot as it has been a game changer to get dinner done fast.
- Add the turkey and use the sauté feature to brown the ground turkey.
- Once the turkey is cooked, add in the remaining ingredients.
- Close the instant pot and set it to sealing.
- Pressure cook for about 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release and serve.
- Add your favorite sides and then add your favorite toppings.
How to Freeze Turkey Chili:
Freezing leftover turkey chili is a great way to enjoy chili another day. We love to place the turkey chili in individual freezer container for a quick meal idea. Freeze the leftover chili once it has cooled and it will last about 3 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and serve. Reheat on the stovetop, place back in the slow cooker or reheat in the microwave.
Variations for Slow Cooker Turkey Chili:
- Add frozen corn
- Instead of crushed tomatoes use tomato sauce or diced tomatoes.
- Make this chili with ground beef or ground chicken.
- Add in Bell Peppers.
- Instead of Kidney Beans use pinto beans or black beans.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Turkey Chili:
Crock pot Turkey Chili
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Zucchini Shredded
- ½ Onion Diced
- 2 cans Kidney Beans Do not drain
- 2 cans Crushed Tomatoes 15 oz.
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground turkey and brown. Break it a part as it cooks. Then drain off any excess grease.
- Place the browned ground turkey in a 6 quart crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe