This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
I love to order brisket tacos from my favorite Mexican restaurant. Then I decided to make them at home too! Now, my entire family loves this simple and easy Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos Recipe.
Crockpot Brisket Tacos Recipe:
Making Beef Brisket Tacos in the slow cooker is an amazing meal idea. It is easy to make brisket in the crock pot. The meat comes out tender and juicy and shreds easily for amazing tacos.
We love that this shredded brisket can be used in many different ways. Not only could use it for tacos but it great in burritos, taco bowls, or quesadillas. The taco seasoning that is added gives this brisket so much flavor.
This recipe can be thrown together in the crock pot in no time at all and then you’ll have delicious brisket tacos to share with your family. Trust me, everyone is going to love this brisket taco recipe.
Crock Pot Recommendation:
Everyone looks at me like I’m crazy when they find out that I have 3 crock pots. Then I try to explain that it’s because I have 8 kids, but that generally just surprises them more!
I really could not survive without my crock pot. We are really loving this Instant Pot Aura. The best benefit of this slower cooker over the others is that it has a feature that allows you to brown the meat in the crock pot. This means less dishes which is always a priority in my household.
Now that you are prepared with an awesome crock pot, let’s learn how to create this amazing brisket recipe.
- Beef Brisket
- Taco Seasoning
- Limes, Juiced
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Cotija Cheese
It really is that simple. Only a few ingredients combined together in your slow cooker will make this delicious slow cooker Mexican brisket.
How to Make Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos:
- Place ingredients in Crock Pot – First, you add the brisket on the fat side, salsa and taco seasoning in your favorite slow cooker. You can also add in a bay leave.
- Add in Fresh Squeeze Lime – Next, squeeze the limes over these ingredients for the fresh lime juice. Don’t leave this step out, this small step adds so much flavor to this slow cooker brisket.
- Slow Cook Brisket – Then you cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Once it’s done cooking, remove the brisket and shred the meat with 2 forks. Next return the shredded brisket back to the crock pot and mix with the juice in the slow cooker.
- Serve and Enjoy – Finally, serve on your favorite corn tortillas or flour tortillas and top with the shredded cheese and cilantro.
How to make Homemade Taco Seasoning:
I love making my own taco seasoning. This homemade taco seasoning mix is really very simple and so fast to make. You are going to love it. We use a lot of seasoning with our recipes, and those packet seasoning can add up over time.
You are paying for convenience in a taco seasoning packets. Plus, I think it is so much better to make your own and you know everything that is in it.
How To Cook Brisket in Slow Cooker:
Generally, I love using my crock pot because I can throw food in there frozen and the slow cooker will transform it into a delicious meal when it’s done.
However, with that said, I do not recommend cooking a brisket from frozen. Since it’s a thicker cut of meat, it’s takes more time to completely thaw out and then start cooking.
I recommend that you put the brisket in the crock pot already thawed so that it’ll be tender and juicy at dinner time. Cook the brisket on medium heat.
Tips for Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos:
Here are a few tips for making these crock pot brisket tacos to ensure that everyone in your family enjoys them!
- Put the brisket in the crock pot thawed (do not cook this recipe from frozen)
- If the beef won’t shred after your cooking time, you can thinly slice it for the tacos or put it back in the crock pot for a few more hours. It’s probably just not quite done yet!
- If the shredded brisket seems too dry in the slow cooker, add a little bit of beef broth until it’s moist again.
- Spicier – If you want it a little spicier, add in some chili powder or red pepper flakes.
- BBQ Sauce – Add BBQ sauce to the brisket to change the flavor.
Can you freeze these Brisket Tacos?
This recipe can easily be converted to a freezer meal so we can save even more time in the kitchen.
If you enjoy freezer cooking as much as I do, I encourage you to check out our Lazy Day Cooking Club. This club is a freezer cooking meal plan that provides you with great recipes, instructions on how to freeze and all the ingredients that you need for great crock pot recipes.
This club takes away the stress of deciding what’s for dinner and gets dinner on your table in even less time.
How to Reheat leftover Brisket Tacos:
I love to freeze leftover brisket, because it reheats really well. My favorite tip is to make sure you store your leftover brisket in any juice that it was cooked.
This will help prevent it from drying it out when being reheated. Check out How to Reheat Brisket for more tips.
What to serve with Crock Pot Brisket Tacos?
I love finishing these best brisket tacos with my favorite taco toppings. Here are a few to consider but you should definitely use your favorite
- Sour Cream
- Red Onions
- Pico De Gallo – We love topping the tacos with onions and garlic.
- Spanish Rice
Print this Slow Cooker Brisket Taco Recipe below:
Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos Recipe
- 2 lbs beef brisket
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 2 fresh limes juiced
- fresh cilantro
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- Place the brisket, salsa, taco seasoning in the crock pot.
- Squeeze the limes over these ingredients.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Shred brisket and then stir with juices in crock pot.
- Warm the corn tortillas.
- Serve the brisket on the tortillas topped with the cheese, cilatnro and jalapeños. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe