This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Keto Chili Recipe is perfect for Fall and sure to impress the entire family with very little work. It is hearty and delicious and the best Low Carb Chili Recipe.
Have you been trying to find a Low Carb Chili Keto recipe? This easy no bean chili is perfect for people eating the low carb diet.
Each bite is packed with lots of ground beef, diced tomatoes, bell peppers and more. Feel free to top this chili with any keto friendly toppings. It is so filling and completely low carb.
Plus, the entire family will enjoy this meal. That definitely makes dinner time easier! This Keto beef recipe is a great recipe to start with your Keto journey.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works:
If you love our traditional chili recipe, then you will love this low net carbs chili. We make chili year around as it delicious on a cold day or even on a hot day. The ingredients are simple and always a crowd favorite.
Use leftover chili in many different recipes for a delicious second meal. I love the way this low carb chili taste and how it sticks to my keto diet.
This recipe allows you to enjoy your favorite foods even though you are following a Keto lifestyle.
- Ground beef – You can also use Ground Turkey
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Chili Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Onion, chopped
- Red bell pepper – chopped
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream to serve (optional)
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
Chili is one of those meals that you can change it for your preference.
- Tomatoes – Omit one can of tomatoes to lower the carbs
- Green Chilies – Stir in a can of green chilies to a bit of spice
- Cream Cheese – Try adding in a little bit of cream cheese before serving.
- Sour Cream – Stir in ½ cup sour cream before the chili is completely done.
- Meat – Try substituting ground turkey for the ground beef. You can also do 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound ground turkey. It’s a great way to save money. You can even use cooked chuck roast for a delicious variation.
- Seasoning – We used Homemade Chili Seasoning for this recipe, but feel free to add in seasoning separately. We suggest, oregano, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and ground cumin.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a large stock pot, brown your ground beef or ground turkey, on the stove top. We normally do 1 pound of ground beef and one pound of ground turkey. I save money and no one can taste the difference. Drain meat after cooking.
Step 2 – Prepare vegetables by chopping in bite size pieces on a cutting board with a knife.
Step 3 – Add in the ½ onion and the red bell pepper and continue cooking over medium heat until they are soft.
Step 4 – Stir in the chili seasoning, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic salt, and beef broth. Bring to a boil. Then turn to low, add the lid and let simmer. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Step 5 – Simmer for 30 minutes up to an hour to let all the flavors combine.
- Step 6 – Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, diced onions and even jalapenos
- Chopping Vegetables – I use a small food chopper or processor to quickly and easily chop onions and green peppers. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver.
- Prepare Vegetables Ahead of Time – I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take diced onion or bell peppers out of the freezer for recipes.
- Cooking Keto-Friendly Chili – As you are cooking the chili, make sure to continue to stir while cooking.
How to Make in the Slow Cooker:
Occasionally I will use my crock pot to make this recipe. I just ground the beef first and put everything in the crock pot. I love meal prepping my meals and freeze them so all I have to do on the day of cooking is put in the crock pot.
Then you just cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. It’s so easy and a great way to have this meal ready and waiting after work.
How to Make in the Instant Pot:
I also like making this low carb chili in the instant pot. Everything can be done rith in the instant pot.
- Just brown the beef in the instant pot using the saute setting.
- Add all the ingredients and place lid on and set to sealing.
- Next, set pressure for 5 minutes. Do a quick release and enjoy.
Using the instant pot has been a game change for my family. It is perfect to use when I forget to set something out.
Chili Topping Ideas:
You can still have some amazing toppings even if you are following a low carb diet. Here are some of my favorites:
- Shredded cheese – Make sure you shred your own. The bag shredded cheese contains added ingredients.
- Chopped Green Onions
- Slice Avocado – I love avocado and really love it on chili.
- Jalapeño Slices – I always add a few on my chili. I like the extra spice it gives.
- Sour Cream
- Corn Chips – Not Low Carb
- Tortilla Chips
- Keto Cornbread
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. We think the chili taste even better the next day.
Chili is the perfect meal to freeze. I usually try and make a double batch when I make chili so I can easily freeze for another meal.
I love to freeze this chili to have for quick lunches. It’s so handy to have individual portions on the freezer.
I prefer to freeze this chili in freezer bags so I can stack them easily. It takes up less space and I can stack several bags.
Check out Can You Freeze Chili for more tips.
Find More Low Carb Recipes:
- Low Carb Pizza Chicken
- Low Carb Crock Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Instant Pot Pot Roast (Keto & Low Carb)
- Keto Street Tacos Recipe
- Keto Philly Cheese Steak Skillet Dinner
- Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Keto Chili Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Keto Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes 14 5 oz
- 1 can 14 oz of tomato sauce
- 1 can of beef broth 14.5 oz
- 4 tablespoons of chili seasoning you can make your own -recipe to come- or use a half of a packet
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 onion chopped (can be frozen)
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- shredded cheese or sour cream to serve optional
- n a large stock pot, brown your ground beef or ground turkey. I love to use my Pampered chef mix n chop to break up the meat evenly. We normally do 1 pound of ground beef and one pound of ground turkey. I save money and no one can taste the difference.
- Add in the ½ onion and the red bell pepper and continue cooking until they are soft.
- Stir in the chili seasoning, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then turn to low, add the lid and let simmer (stirring occasionally).
- Simmer for 30 minutes up to an hour to let all the flavors combine.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, diced onions and even jalapenos
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe