I was in the mood for chicken fajitas last week, but we didn’t have any tortillas in the house so I had to compromise. Me… being my frugal self decided to create a new recipe. I am calling it Chicken Fajita soup. We loved it!! Since many of you will be trying to save on energy this summer, this is a very easy go to dinner.
Basically I took my crockpot Chicken Fajita recipe and turned it into a soup. The results – it was fabulous! It isn’t very heavy either so you can even eat it in the spring a summer.
- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of water
- 1 can of black beans (mine were frozen)
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- Combine all the ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred and chop the chicken.
- Stir to combine the flavors.
- Serve with tortillas or tortilla chips.