Make this Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe in minutes thanks to the pressure cooker. Packed with flavor and keto friendly, this roast is versatile and amazing.
Instant Pot Keto Pot Roast Recipe:
There is something so classic about a good roast recipe and this one does not disappoint. The meat is so tender that you will think it was slow cooked all day but really only took minutes.
It really is the best combination of flavors and so delicious. The entire family can easily enjoy this keto pot roast instant pot recipe. It is low carb and keto friendly making it simple for everyone to enjoy.
Thanks to the pressure cooker, you can quickly cook this meal even during busy week nights. You no longer have to wait until Sunday lunch to get a meal like this. Your family will love this tender roast and go crazy over it! Family dinner time is so special.
Can Keto Potroast be made in the Crock Pot?
Yes, you can make this recipe in the slow cooker. Try our Crock Pot Tangy Roast Recipe that is so delicious and easy. We love using our slow cooker but the Instant Pot has been a game changer for my family.
We really try to be intentional about eating together even when we have tons of activities. It is important to me for everyone to have a good dinner to come home to.
Everyone gets to eat a great meal and share about their day. For a few minutes, the chaos of the day melts away and everyone comes together as a family.
Ingredients for Pot Roast Keto Recipe:
- Chuck Roast
- Olive Oil
- Dry Red Wine
- Beef Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Worcestershire Sauce (Homemade Worcestershire Sauce Recipe)
- Italian Seasoning
- Xanthan Gum
Just a few ingredients turns into something really amazing for dinner. Your family will love this meal.
How to Make Keto Roast in Instant Pot?
- Season and Brown Roast – Season the roast with salt and pepper. Then add the oil to the instant pot on the sauté setting. Once heated through, add the roast and brown all the sides of the roast.
- Make the Glaze – Then remove the roast. Add the red wine and use it to deglaze the bottom of the instant pot insert and scrape off any pieces off the bottom of the instant pot insert.
- Add Ingredients to Instant Pot – Then add in the beef broth, minced garlic, worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning to the instant pot.
- Cook – Seal and cook on the high pressure setting for 65 minutes and then release naturally the pressure for 20 minutes after this cook time.
- Prepare the Vegetables – While the roast is cooking, prepare and cut the vegetables.
- Add Vegetables – Then add the diced vegetables to the instant pot. Seal and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Pressure Release – Do a quick release to release the pressure from the instant pot after this cook time.
- Shred the Beef – Remove the beef and vegetables from the instant pot. Shred the beef. If the beef is not shreddable, cook it for 10-15 more minutes in the instant pot.
- Make Gravy – Then to make the gravy, switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Whisk the xanthan gum into the juices in the instant pot. Continue to whisk and thicken until the gravy thickens.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve the roast alongside the carrots, onions and radishes topped with the gravy and enjoy! We like to season with salt and black pepper.
What to serve with Keto Pot Roast:
- Cauliflower Rice – If you are eating keto or low carb, try this roast with Cauliflower Rice. We also really love this Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Rice Recipe.
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans – While this looks fancy, bacon wrapped green beans make an easy side dish. The bacon gives the green beans the best flavor. This side is a good option if you are on keto or doing low carb.
- Roasted Asparagus – Asparagus only takes a few minutes to cook and pairs nicely with roast. If you need a veggie in minutes, this is the one to try. We made these in the oven but you can also use the air fryer.
- 23 Sides to Serve with Pot Roast – We have gathered 23 sides that are great with pot roast. There also sides for those in your family that may not be following the keto diet.
What is a Good Substitute for Potatoes in Pot Roast?
If you are following the Keto Diet, then you are probably not going to serve this pot roast with potatoes. You can serve the following options for a good substitute for potatoes:
Tips for the Best Low Carb Pot Roast:
- Instant Pot Recommendation – You will need an electric pressure cooker for this recipe. I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer.
- Adding Vegetables – Make sure to add the vegetables after the roast has finished cooking in the pressure cooker. This will prevent them from getting mushy.
- Cut of Meat – Make sure to use a tougher type of meat that will hold up. Try using rump roast, chuck roast, brisket or round roast. The pressure cooker will make it tender.
- Brown Roast – It is not necessary but you can sear the roast prior to cooking. Just use the saute setting and put the roast inside with about a tablespoon of oil. Sear for a couple of minutes per side until it is browned.
- Pick the Best Roast – Look for a roast that has a lot of marbling. This will result in a tender finished product.
- Cut Roast – If you are short on time, cut the roast into pieces. I would suggest 2 to 3? pieces and reduce the cooking time to 40 minutes.
- Dutch Oven – This roast can also be prepared in your Dutch Oven.
Is Roast Beef Low in Carbs?
Yes, roast beef has no carbs. The only carbs that you will need to watch is the seasoning that you are adding. As long as you read the label and stick to low carb options, then you roast beef will still be keto.
Variations for Low Carb Pot Roast:
If you want to add in different flavors or seasoning to your low carb pot roast these are some of our suggestions.
- Sliced Jalapenos
More ideas for Keto Instant Pot Roast:
You can change this recipe up lots of various ways. Green beans are also good added to the roast. These are great options if you want to make this a one pot meal.
Sometimes I will add veggies if it is a really busy week. That way I have less to do and everything I need is already in the pressure cooker. The veggies taste awesome from all the flavors of the roast.
Another options is to make Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Cauliflower rice is also a good option. If it is seasoned correctly, most people won’t know the difference.
Do you need to Brown the Roast before cooking?
It is totally optional but you can can brown the roast first if you want for extra added flavor. The roast is amazing either way but this does add a little extra flavor.
No worries if you skip this step though because the roast will still turn out fabulous. I am always running behind it seems so truthfully, I often skip this step.
The roast is amazing however you make it.
Instant Pot Keto Roast Beef and Gravy is wonderful year round:
This recipe is great for warmer months and colder months. It is truly the perfect roast recipe to enjoy any time of the year. From traditional roast to tacos and more, this is a great recipe all year.
The pressure cooker gets dinner on the table fast so you don’t have to heat up the oven all day. This makes it even better to enjoy during those hot summer months.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3-5 days or you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months.
We usually don’t have a lot of leftovers, but when we do this is the perfect lunch. I like to place in individual containers with some vegetables.
The pot roast reheats well in the microwave and taste amazing the second day.
Print this Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe below:
Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup Dry Red Wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 onion (Diced into Large Pieces)
- 4 carrots (peeled and cut into large pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups radishes (cut into quarters)
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Then add the oil to the instant pot on the sauté setting. Once heated through, add the roast and brown all the sides of the roast. Then remove the roast. Add the red wine and use it to deglaze the bottom of the instant pot insert and scrape off any pieces off the bottom of the instant pot insert.
- Then add in the beef broth, minced garlic, worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning to the instant pot. Seal and cook on the high pressure setting for 65 minutes and then naturally release the pressure for 20 minutes after this cook time.
- While the roast is cooking, prepare and cut the vegetables. Then add the diced vegetables to the instant pot. Seal and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Do a quick release to release the pressure from the instant pot after this cook time.
- Remove the beef and vegetables from the instant pot. Shred the beef. If the beef is not shreddable, cook it for 10-15 more minutes in the instant pot.
- Then to make the gravy, switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Whisk the xanthan gum into the juices in the instant pot. Continue to whisk and thicken until the gravy thickens.
- Serve the roast alongside the carrots, onions and radishes topped with the gravy and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe