Sometimes you just need a good steak and this London Broil marinade is the perfect and frugal way to enjoy steak at home. Instead of eating out, splurge by buying a London Broil at home. Sure… steak isn’t the cheapest choice of dinner, but eating it at home is much cheaper than heading to your nearest steakhouse.
With this delicious London Broil Marinade, you will think you ARE at a steakhouse. Don’t worry… the ingredients are not scary – they are simple and you probably already have them in your pantry.
Time Saving Tip — Place the marinade with your meat in a freezer bag. Then freeze. When you are ready to eat steak, your London broil will marinade while it is thawing! That means this steak is also freezer friendly.
Money Saving Tip — I’m sure many of you are probably wondering how on earth you can save on London broil steak. Our tip to save on meat – make sure you stock up on beef when you find them on sale. Shop your local meat sales or buy in bulk to save on steak. Make sure you check out another post on 7 different ways to save on meat without using coupons.
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ cup dry Red Wine
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey or Agave
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tbsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse to mix well.
- Transfer to zippered bag and place London Broil inside.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 4 hours. I like to marinade overnight.
- Heat grill.
- Cook over medium high heat to get a good char on the outside while the center remains rare to medium rare. About 8-10 minutes per side.
- Check internal temperature for 145 degrees.
- Remove to cutting board and allow meat to rest for 10 minutes. Do not cut until the meat has rested.
- Cut across the grain in thin slices for perfectly tender steak.
Here are few easy grilling recipes that would go great with this steak:
Oh… and since we are talking about steak marinades, make sure you try my 3 ingredient steak marinade. YUM!