With only a few simple ingredients, you can have this Easy Instant Pot Steak and Potatoes on the table fast. You will be amazed at how tender this steak is and the flavor is the best.
Instant pot Sirloin Steak:
If you need an inexpensive meal that isn’t complicated but tastes amazing, this Pressure Cooker Steak Recipe is the one to try! We love steak but it can be pricey to feed a family a steak dinner.
Especially a big family like ours. However, round steak or any cheap steak is instantly transformed into the most tender and flavorful steak when you use the instant pot!
I know you might be thinking how it it even possible. It really is the best steak. You are going to be surprised how tender and juicy the steaks come out.
The steaks are so tender that they just fall apart. The onions really give it even more flavor. We have even served these for friends and they were equally impressed. They never knew they were cheap steaks.
The potatoes are so yummy and it makes an easy meal. The steak marinade is really great on everything.
Easy Steak Dinner idea:
This Instant Pot Steak and Potatoes all cooks together in the pressure cooker. This easy dinner idea comes together with tender steak, potatoes and gravy.
We love the fact that everything goes into the instant pot which make an easy dinner idea. We love cooking steak on the grill but when it is cold outside, the instant pot has been a great alternative.
Next time you have date night in, or want to treat your kids to a fancy dinner, make these easy steak dinner. You kids will feel so special and they will think you spent all day in the kitchen.
What kinds of steak to use?
We love beef recipes. There are many different kinds of steak you can use. We tend to go with the cheaper steak but have tried these others:
- Tenderloin – Filet Mignon
- NY Strip Steak – Top Loin, Top Sirloin
- Porterhouse – T-bone Steak
- Flank Steak
- Skirt Steak
- Round steaks (or any cheap steak )
- Red wine vinegar (see The Best Red Wine Vinegar Substitutes)
- A-1 Sauce
- Onion sliced – You can slice or dice the onions.
- Steak Seasoning – You can use store bought or Homemade Steak Seasoning
- Beef stock (you can also use 1 cup of water) or Beef Broth
- Red potatoes – Red Potatoes are our favorite – But you can use Russet Potatoes or Yellow Gold.
- Minced Garlic
How to make Instant pot steak
If you want to you can brown you steak with olive oil on the saute setting in the instant pot. If you do this, deglaze pot after you are done.
Otherwise, you can just follow the below steps to cook this amazing meal.
- First, put the sliced onions in the instant pot.
- Second, add the round steaks or any cheap cut of meat on top of the onions.
- Next, you need a small bowl. Whisk together the vinegar and A-1 and pour over steaks. This helps steaks from being dry.
- Now, it is time to season with steak seasoning. Make sure is covered with the seasoning.
- Finally, pour in the beef stock and remaining ingredients over the steaks.
- Get out a piece of heavy duty foil. Set aside and dice the potatoes. Try make sure that the potatoes are diced the same size so they cook evenly. Place potatoes on the foil.
- Add the seasoning to the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Top the potatoes with butter and the garlic mixture.
- Make sure to fold up the sides of the foil so that you make a foil pack. Put this on top of the steaks in the instant pot.
- Once everything is situated, add the lid and set the valve to sealing. Use the manual button and set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- After the cooking time has finished, do a quick natural release for the pressure. Please be careful of the steam while you are doing the pressure release.
- Take the foil pack potatoes out of the pressure cooker and toss to make sure the potatoes are coated in the butter and seasonings. You can use the saute function for this if you prefer.
- Remove the steak from the instant pot and serve with the potatoes and your sides. Your family will be excited to have steak during the week!
Serving ideas for pressure cooker steak:
There are so many different sides you can serve with this Instant Pot Steak recipe. The potatoes can be mashed or served as butter potatoes.
Make sure you serve with some homemade rolls and your meal is complete. Here are some of our favorite sides:
Can you really cook a steak in instant pot?
You may still be wondering can you really cook steak in the pressure cooker? Yes! You are going to really love this steak instant pot recipe. It cooks just the way you want depending how well you want the center done.
The money saved will amaze you since you can use cheap cuts of meat. You are going to love how tasty this dish is! This easy recipe will be a hit.
Does meat need to be covered with liquid in instant pot?
It does not have to be completely covered. You just need enough liquid that will bring the liquid to pressure and prevent it from burning.
Tips for Instant pot Steak and Potatoes:
- I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer. Since purchasing an instant pot, it truly has changed meal time around here. I can pull together dinner in little to no time.
- No worries if you don’t have an instant pot, you can try our yummy Tangy Crock pot Steak Recipe.
- I recommend using heavy duty foil for the potatoes. It is much sturdier than regular. If you don’t have heavy duty, double the regular foil.
- Feel free to substitute the round steak for any type of steak you can get on sale. We have used sirloin steaks before and it was yummy.
Instant Pot Steak Recipes:
I admit that I was skeptical at first. Steak in the instant pot? I am now a believer. This literally turns cheap steak into tender and juicy steak.
Pressure Cooking is a game changer for my family. Here are some of our favorite Instant pot Recipes.
We love using our Instant Pot and has truly changed dinner time around my house. I can literally throw a meal in the instant pot and dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
We still love our crock pot and use it on a regular basis. But when I forget to set dinner out, my Instant Pot saves dinner for me every time.
Print Round Steak Instant pot recipe below:
Easy Instant pot Steak and Potatoes
- 2 lbs Round steaks or any cheap steak
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar any vinegar would probably do
- 2 tablespoons A-1 Sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Top with the steaks.
- In a small bowl wisk together the vinegar and A-1. Pour over steaks.
- Season with steak seasoning.
- Pour in the beef stock.
- Dice up your red potatoes and place on a 12×12 sheet of foil.
- Season with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. top with butter.
- Fold up the sides of the foil to make a foil pack.
- Place on top of the steaks.
- Add the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Press the manual button and set pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once finished do a quick release to release the steam.
- Remove the foil pack potatoes and toss to coat the potatoes in the butter and seasonings.
- Serve with your favorite green side dish and top with the delicious onions (our favorite part)
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe