With only a few simple ingredients, you can have this Pressure Cooker Steak Recipe on the table fast. You will be amazed at how tender this steak is. Plus, the instant pot makes it all come together so quickly. Instant Pot Steak and Potatoes is a one pot meal the entire family will love.
Instant pot steak recipe
If you need an inexpensive meal that isn’t complicated but tastes amazing, this Pressure Cooker Steak Recipe is the one to try! We love steak but it can be expensive to feed a family a steak dinner. Especially a big family like ours. However, round steak or any cheap steak is instantly transformed into the most tender and flavorful steak when you use the instant pot! I know you might be thinking…..yeah right. But seriously, it is the best steak! I can’t wait for you to try it!
The steaks are so tender that they just fall apart. The onions really give it even more flavor. We have even served these for company and they were equally impressed. They never knew they were cheap steaks. The potatoes are so yummy in the foil pack. Just a tip- I recommend heavy duty foil.
I like to eat a bite of potato and a bite of onion. Yum! It’s also really good with some of the steak marinade. There is just something about the A1 and the vinegar together. It really adds to this recipe. I like to drizzle it over the potatoes. So good!
You may still be wondering if you really can cook a steak in instant pot?
Yes! You are going to go love this steak instant pot recipe. The money you will save will amaze you as well as how tasty this dish is! This easy recipe will be a hit.
If you don’t already have one, you will need an electric pressure cooker for this recipe. I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer. We also used our instant pot to make this delicious Instant Pot Roast Dinner Recipe. This is another quick recipe to try. Since purchasing an instant pot, it truly has changed meal time around here. I can pull together dinner in little to no time. Seriously! I am horrible about remembering to take out meat from the freezer. Next thing I know, it’s an hour before dinner time and well my meat is frozen! Since I bought an instant pot, problem solved! You can find the Instant pot on sale here.
No worries if you don’t have an instant pot, you can try our yummy Tangy Crock pot Steak Recipe. So good! We love using the slow cooker as well. It’s awesome to come home to dinner ready and waiting. Note that cooking times will vary when using the slow cooker.
- 2 lbs Round steaks (or any cheap steak )
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (any vinegar would probably do)
- 2 Tablespoons of A-1 Sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning
- 1 cup of beef stock (you can also use 1 cup of water)
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
How to make Pressure cooker steak recipe:
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Top with the round steaks. (or any cheap cut of meat)
- In a small bowl wisk together the vinegar and A-1. Pour over steaks.
- Season with steak seasoning.
- Pour in the beef stock and remaining ingredients.
- Dice up your red potatoes and place on a 12×12 sheet of foil.
- Season with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Top with butter.
- Fold up the sides of the foil to make a foil pack. ( I use heavy duty foil)
- Place on top of the steaks in the pressure cooker.
- Add the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Press the manual button and set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once finished do a natural release to quick releasing the steam. (Be careful of steam while doing the pressure release.)
- Remove the foil pack potatoes from pressure cooker and toss to coat the potatoes in the butter and seasonings. (The saute function is perfect for this)
- Serve with your favorite green side dish (we love steamed broccoli or green beans) and top with the delicious onions (our favorite part)
Pressure cooker steak recipe is one of our favorite meals now!
I only wish I tried this idea sooner. Don’t wait and give this recipe a try. We have also been saving money on groceries by menu planning. This recipe is on our regular menu plan rotation now. So tasty and quick! I love when I can fix a meal that the entire family loves and also save money.
Another quick meal we love is this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe. Delicious chicken and cheesy rice combine for the the best meal with tons of flavor.
Print Instant pot steak recipe below:
Try this yummy Instant pot steak recipe for dinner tonight. This Pressure cooker steak recipe is incredibly simple and so delicious. The steak is packed with flavor and so tender. The foil pack potatoes and onions make the best side dish. Your entire family will love this recipe!
- 2 lbs Round steaks or any cheap steak
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar any vinegar would probably do
- 2 tablespoons A-1 Sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
Top with the steaks.
In a small bowl wisk together the vinegar and A-1. Pour over steaks.
Season with steak seasoning.
Pour in the beef stock.
Dice up your red potatoes and place on a 12x12 sheet of foil.
Season with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. top with butter.
Fold up the sides of the foil to make a foil pack.
Place on top of the steaks.
Add the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
Press the manual button and set pressure for 20 minutes.
Once finished do a quick release to release the steam.
Remove the foil pack potatoes and toss to coat the potatoes in the butter and seasonings.
Serve with your favorite green side dish and top with the delicious onions (our favorite part)
Another side to help make this meal more frugal is to serve with rice. Try my Cilantro Lime Rice recipe. It's a hit in our house.
If you love a good Pressure Cooker Steak recipe, try these other yummy recipes:
- Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe
- Instant Pot Country Steak
- Instant Pot Swiss Steak
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Another quick and easy dinner idea is Instant pot pulled pork recipe.There is lots of tender pork packed with flavor piled high on a fluffy roll! Dinner will be on the table fast with this delicious instant pot recipe.
Rice is such a tasty and inexpensive side dish. Jazz it up quickly and easily to make this tasty Instant Pot Cilantro lime rice recipe. Everyone will love it.
Instant Pot Italian Chicken Soup Recipe is another delicious meal idea. Dinner is ready in a flash when you use your pressure cooker and it is such a delicious meal!