With only a few simple ingredients, you can have this instant pot steak on the table fast. You will be amazed at how tender this steak is and the flavor is the best.
Instant pot steak
If you need an inexpensive meal that isn’t complicated but tastes amazing, this Pressure Cooker Steak Recipe is the one to try! We love steak but it can be pricey to feed a family a steak dinner.
Especially a big family like ours. However, round steak or any cheap steak is instantly transformed into the most tender and flavorful steak when you use the instant pot!
I know you might be thinking…..yeah right.
But seriously, it is the best steak! I can’t wait for you to try it!
The steaks are so tender that they just fall apart. The onions really give it even more flavor.
We have even served these for company and they were equally impressed. They never knew they were cheap steaks.
The potatoes are so yummy and it makes an easy meal. The steak marinade is really great on everything.
- Round steaks (or any cheap steak )
- Red wine vinegar (any vinegar would probably do)
- A-1 Sauce
- Onion sliced – Check out my favorite tips on how to cut onions without crying!
- Steak Seasoning
- Beef stock (you can also use 1 cup of water)
- Red potatoes
- Minced Garlic
How to make Instant pot steak
- First, put the sliced onions in the instant pot.
- Second, add the round steaks or any cheap cut of meat on top of the onions.
- Next, you need a small bowl. Whisk together the vinegar and A-1 and pour over steaks.
- Now, it is time to season with steak seasoning.
- Finally, pour in the beef stock and remaining ingredients.
- Get out a piece of heavy duty foil. Set aside and dice the potatoes. Place on the foil.
- Add the seasoning to the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Top the potatoes with butter.
- Make sure to fold up the sides of the foil so that you make a foil pack. Put this on top of the steaks in the instant pot.
- Once everything is situated, add the lid and set the valve to sealing. Use the manual button and set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- After the cooking time has finished, do a quick release for the pressure. Please be careful of the steam while you are doing the pressure release.
- Take the foil pack potatoes out of the pressure cooker and toss to make sure the potatoes are coated in the butter and seasonings. You can use the saute function for this if you prefer.
Serving ideas for pressure cooker steak:
- steamed broccoli
- green beans
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Cucumber and tomato salad
- Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls
Can you really cook a steak in instant pot?
You may still be wondering can you really cook steak in the pressure cooker? Yes! You are going to really love this steak instant pot recipe.
The money saved will amaze you since you can use cheap cuts of meat. You are going to love how tasty this dish is! This easy recipe will be a hit.
Does meat need to be covered with liquid in instant pot?
It does not have to be completely covered. You just need enough liquid that will bring the liquid to pressure and prevent it from burning.
Tips for Instant pot Steak and Potatoes:
- I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer. Since purchasing an instant pot, it truly has changed meal time around here. I can pull together dinner in little to no time.
- No worries if you don’t have an instant pot, you can try our yummy Tangy Crock pot Steak Recipe.
- I recommend using heavy duty foil for the potatoes. It is much sturdier than regular. If you don’t have heavy duty, double the regular foil.
- Feel free to substitute the round steak for any type of steak you can get on sale. We have used sirloin steaks before and it was yummy.
Pressure cooker steak recipe is one of our favorite meals now!
I admit that I was skeptical at first. Steak in the instant pot? I am now a believer!
This literally turns cheap steak into tender and juicy steak. It is a game changer!
Print Instant pot steak recipe below:
Try this yummy Instant pot steak recipe for dinner tonight. This Pressure cooker steak recipe is incredibly simple and so delicious. The steak is packed with flavor and so tender. The foil pack potatoes and onions make the best side dish. Your entire family will love this recipe!
- 2 lbs Round steaks or any cheap steak
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar any vinegar would probably do
- 2 tablespoons A-1 Sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
Top with the steaks.
In a small bowl wisk together the vinegar and A-1. Pour over steaks.
Season with steak seasoning.
Pour in the beef stock.
Dice up your red potatoes and place on a 12×12 sheet of foil.
Season with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. top with butter.
Fold up the sides of the foil to make a foil pack.
Place on top of the steaks.
Add the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
Press the manual button and set pressure for 20 minutes.
Once finished do a quick release to release the steam.
Remove the foil pack potatoes and toss to coat the potatoes in the butter and seasonings.
Serve with your favorite green side dish and top with the delicious onions (our favorite part)
Another side to help make this meal more frugal is to serve with rice. Try my Cilantro Lime Rice recipe. It’s a hit in our house.
More easy steak recipes
- Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe
- Grilled Teriyaki Steak Recipe
- How to grill steak perfectly
- Crock Pot Steak and Potatoes Stew
- Easy Pepper Steak
- Crockpot Swiss Steak