This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Ground Beef Teriyaki makes the perfect addition to your rice bowls. This is a quick and easy way to make your favorite takeout recipe.
Easy Teriyaki Ground Beef Recipe:
You are going making this Teriyaki Ground Beef Recipe. It is quick and easy to prepare and the Teriyaki sauce gives the ground beef so much flavor. The savory flavor of the ground beef makes this dish a family favorite.
We love making beef teriyaki bowls with white rice or brown rice. We garnish with chopped onions for the perfect weeknight meal. The teriyaki sauce is made from scratch to make it that much flavorful.
Skip takeout and make your favorite Asian inspired dish at home. It makes a quick and easy dinner idea that can easily be made in a variety of ways.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe:
We love making teriyaki sauce from scratch. This way we can change the ingredients to what we prefer. There are no added ingredients that we can’t pronounce.
The ingredients are simple, pantry ingredients and the sauce can be used for many different recipes. We have made chicken teriyaki, steak teriyaki and more.
Skip the store bought sauce and make the sauce at home.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Sesame Oil
- Onion (finely diced)
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- Brown Sugar
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger
For the Toppings:
- Sesame Seeds
- Stalks Green Onions (diced)
How to Make Ground Beef Teriyaki:
- Step 1 – Heat Oil – Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Step 2 – Cook Ground Beef – Add the ground beef and the diced onion to the skillet. Cook the beef (breaking up the beef as it cooks). Cook until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender (5-7 minutes). Drain off any excess grease.
- Step 3 – Combine Sauce Ingredients – In a separate bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Pour this on top of the beef mixture in the skillet. Toss to coat the beef with the sauce.
- Step 4 – Simmer – Then cook for 1 minute on a low simmer to thicken the sauce.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm topped with the sesame seed and diced green onions. We love serving this mixture over rice. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations Ideas:
- Change the Meat – The teriyaki sauce can be used with a variety of meats. You can substitute the teriyaki beef for ground turkey or ground chicken. Thinly Sliced Pork is also delicious with teriyaki sauce over the top.
- Add in Vegetables – Fee free to stir-fry some vegetables to mix in the with ground beef. We recommend bell peppers, carrots, broccoli florets and snow peas.
- Make it Spicy – We like to make this mixture a little spicy. Add in a teaspoon or two of red pepper flakes. You can also mix in sriracha sauce for added flavor.
- Lettuce Wraps – This ground beef teriyaki would be delicious served in lettuce wraps. It is a low carb option which makes it light and healthy.
- Seasoning – You can easily use fresh ginger instead of ground ginger for added flavor. You can also use garlic powder instead of minced garlic.
Ground Beef Teriyaki Recipe Tips:
- Vegetable Oil – We added sesame oil to the ground beef, but if you prefer you can just use vegetable oil.
- Thicken Sauce – Allow the sauce to heat over low heat with the ground beef. This will help to thicken the sauce as it simmers.
- Serving – We recommend serving immediately after the sauce thickens. Serve over rice and veggies for a complete meal idea.
- Cooking Ground Beef – Cook the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. We recommend cooking in a cast iron skillet but any pan will work.
What to Serve with Ground Beef Teriyaki?
If you are looking for easy side dishes to serve with this Ground Beef Teriyaki, then look no further. These side dishes are easy to prepare and are some of our favorites.
- Rice – Our go-to side dish is white rice. We love that it is easy to prepare and we also have it on hand. We love to prepare it ahead of time for a quick and easy dinner idea.
- Fried Rice – Use your leftover rice and make fried rice. You can then mix with the ground beef mixture for a delicious stir fry beef fried rice recipe.
- Cauliflower Rice – If you are needing a low carb option, serve this ground beef mixture over cauliflower rice. You can use frozen cauliflower rice or make your own.
- Roast Vegetables – We love roasting vegetables in the oven. Asparagus, broccoli and sliced mushrooms all roast well in the oven for a quick and easy side dish.
How to Make Beef Teriyaki Bowls:
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, make beef rice bowls. This beef teriyaki recipe is perfect to meal prep with for the week. It stores and reheats well so you can easy take on the go.
- Place cooked rice in a bowl. You can choose from white rice or brown rice. We have even used cauliflower rice for a quick and easy dinner.
- Top the rice with cooked ground beef that has been seasoned with the teriyaki sauce.
- Garnish with cooked vegetables, chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We think that this beef teriyaki is even better the next day. It makes for a quick lunch for my husband and I.
Make sure to store in a microwave safe container then you can easily reheat in it. Heat in 30 second intervals until reheated. You can also reheat in small bowl or in a saucepan on the stove top.
Print Recipe for Ground Beef Teriyaki:
Teriyaki Ground Beef
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- ½ Onion finely diced
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
For the Toppings:
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 Stalks Green Onions diced
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the ground beef and the diced onion to the skillet. Cook the beef (breaking up the beef as it cooks) until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender (5-7 minutes). Drain off any excess grease.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Pour this on top of the beef mixture in the skillet. Toss to coat the beef with the sauce.
- Then cook for 1 minute on a low simmer to thicken the sauce.
- Serve immediately while warm topped with the sesame seed and diced green onions. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Teriyaki Recipes:
- Grilled Teriyaki Steak Recipe
- Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Teriyaki Vegetables