This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Teriyaki Salmon is cooked in a skillet and then topped with a Homemade Teriyaki Sauce. The salmon cooks flaky, juicy and delicious.
Easy Teriyaki Salmon Recipe:
This salmon teriyaki is full of flavor and adding the homemade teriyaki makes this one of my favorite salmon recipe. The teriyaki sauce is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have.
If you love Teriyaki Sauce as much as my family does, try these other recipes. Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe or Instant Pot Beef Teriyaki Recipe are great options. This teriyaki sauce adds so much flavor to any cut of meat.
Salmon is a healthy fish that we cook often. It doesn’t take long to cook and the texture comes out perfectly with a flaky center. Add your favorite sides to complete this delicious meal idea.
What is Teriyaki Sauce made of?
We love making our seasoning and sauces from scratch. We can easily control what we put in them and they taste better.
This Teriyaki Sauce recipe is made simply with brown sugar, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Add in a few other seasoning to add so much flavor to your salmon.
All of these ingredients are heated and then brushed on a cooked salmon fillet.
- Salmon Filets
- Avocado Oil
For the Sauce:
- Brown Sugar
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger
For the Topping:
- Sesame Seeds
- Stalks Green Onions (diced)
How to Make Teriyaki Salmon:
- Step 1 – Heat Skillet with oil – Heat up a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Drizzle the avocado oil into the skillet.
- Step 2 – Cook Salmon – Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place the salmon filets in the skillet skin side up. Cook the salmon for 4-5 minutes per side until the salmon reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Step 3 – Heat Sauce Ingredients – In a small saucepan, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Heat this saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk the sauce until it’s heated through and thickened.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the salmon from the skillet. Top it with the teriyaki sauce from the saucepan. Serve topped with the sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
How to know when Salmon is cooked:
Cooking salmon in the skillet doesn’t take long. But to ensure your salmon is thoroughly cook we use an instant-read meat thermometer.
A regular size salmon will be done about when cooked about 5 minutes on each side. Meat thermometer makes sure that the salmon is done. You want your salmon to reach a safe internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cooking time will vary based on the side of your salmon. But it shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to cook your salmon.
How to Baked Teriyaki Salmon in the Oven:
Bake Teriyaki Salmon Recipe is simple to do. The results are a perfectly cooked salmon that is flaky on the inside.
- Prepare baking sheet or baking dish by spraying the cooking spray.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan to begin heating.
- Place the salmon on the baking pan and place in the preheated oven at 400 degrees.
- Cook Teriyaki salmon for about 12-15 minutes. Baking time may vary based on the size of your salmon.
- While your salmon is baking make sure the teriyaki sauce is heated.
- Remove the bake salmon from the oven and brush the teriyaki sauce over the top.
- Serve and Enjoy.
What to Serve with Teriyaki Salmon:
- Parmesan Pasta – This easy side only requires 4 ingredients and is the perfect side dish to serve with your teriyaki sauce. I even like to make extra sauce to pour over the top.
- Roasted Zucchini – Make a side of roasted parmesan zucchini for a complete meal idea. This is a low carb meal that is delicious and a family favorite.
- Stir Fried – We even like making a vegetable stir fry to add as a side dish with this teriyaki salmon. Green beans, carrots, and mushrooms always make a delicious stir fry.
- Teriyaki Vegetables – Here is a super simple but delicious side dish.
- Cucumber Salad – This creamy cucumber salad is creamy, delicious and loaded with flavor. We love it because you only need a few ingredients to make it.
- More Salmon Sides – We have even more sides to make with your salmon recipe. They are easy and most of them only require a few ingredients.
Teriyaki Salmon Tips:
- Preheat Skillet – Preheat the skillet to medium heat before placing the Salmon in the skillet.
- Oil Skillet – Before placing the Salmon in the skillet make sure you oil the skillet. This prevents the salmon from sticking to the skillet. We like to use avocado oil but any oil will work.
- Seasoning the Salmon – Salmon doesn’t need a lot of seasoning. When adding the seasoning, season both side of the salmon with your hands.
- Cook thoroughly – Make sure your salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees before removing from the skillet.
- Grill Teriyaki – This teriyaki salmon recipe can be made many different ways. You prepare in the oven, you can prepare in the skillet or place on your grill.
Variations to Teriyaki Sauce:
- Sesame Oil – If you would like to add in a teaspoon of sesame oil to your teriyaki sauce, you can. It adds a deep flavor to the sauce.
- Soy Sauce – If you prefer you can also use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Easy Teriyaki Salmon Recipe:
We love making salmon any day of the week. It is a delicious fish that doesn’t take long prepare and everyone will enjoy it. It is delicious with or without the teriyaki sauce but I always love add a simple sauce to it.
If you buy frozen salmon, make sure to thaw before preparing it. You will love the results of this delicious, flaky fish recipe.
Print Recipe here for Teriyaki Salmon:
- 4 Salmon Filets
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- For the Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Minced Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- For the Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 Stalks Green Onions diced
- Heat up a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Drizzle the avocado oil into the skillet.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place the salmon filets in the skillet.
- Cook the salmon for 4-5 minutes per side until the salmon reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Heat this saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk the sauce until it’s heated through and thickened.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet. Top it with the teriyaki sauce from the saucepan.
- Serve topped with the sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe