This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Teriyaki Vegetables is the perfect meal to serve with your grilled meats. It tastes amazing, full of flavor and made with simple ingredients.
Easy Vegetable Teriyaki Recipe:
We love making this Teriyaki Vegetable side dish. The vegetables cook perfectly on the skillet and then tossed in a homemade teriyaki sauce. You can serve this dish on meatless Monday or as a side dish with chicken.
This dish is also customizable. You can add in other types of vegetables or use store bought teriyaki sauce. The fresh vegetable cook tender which makes a delicious side dish.
If you have vegetables that need to be used, make this teriyaki vegetable recipe. It is easily ready in less than 15 minutes and always a family favorite.
What is Teriyaki?
Teriyaki is a sauce that is made of soy sauce, rice vinegar and simple seasoning. It is a great sauce to serve over chicken, beef, and seafood. You can make it from scratch or use store bought.
We have even used it to marinate chicken breast for a delicious grilled recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – This recipe is budget friendly because of the simple ingredients. If I have leftover veggies that I need to use up from the week, this is the recipe I always make.
- Customizable – Feel free to add in vegetables, seasoning and sauce to what you prefer.
- Quick and Easy – This recipe can easily be prepared as a last minute side dish. Impress your family and serve this recipe with your favorite grilled meats.
For the Vegetables:
- Broccoli Florets
- Yellow Onion (sliced)
- Carrots (peeled and cut into strips)
- Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
- Brown Sugar
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger
For the Topping:
- Sesame Seeds
How to Make Teriyaki Vegetables:
- Step 1 – Heat Oil – Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Step 2 – Cook Vegetables – Add the broccoli and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender. Then add in the remaining vegetables to the skillet.
- Step 3 – Add Seasoning – Season the vegetables with the salt and pepper. Then sauté them for 3-4 more minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Step 4 – Combine Teriyaki Sauce – In a separate bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce ingredients.
- Step 5 – Pour Over Vegetables – Pour this on top of the vegetables in the skillet. Toss to coat the veggies with the sauce mixture. Then cook for just a few more minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve topped with the sesame seeds and enjoy.
- Peppers – We used fresh peppers in this recipe, but you can use frozen peppers if you prefer.
- Add in Other Vegetables – This recipe can be made with different types of vegetables. We have made this with zucchini, green beans, snap peas and snow peas. All are a delicious option for this teriyaki vegetable stir fry.
- Sauce – We made homemade teriyaki sauce, but you can use store bought sauce or other types of sauce. You can even add in maple syrup for hint of sweetness.
- Add Nuts – This recipe would be delicious with added chopped nuts. We recommend cashews when serving this dish.
- Add Spice – If you prefer your vegetables to be a little spicy add in a ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes. This gives it so much flavor. You can even use fresh ginger or garlic cloves to add flavor.
- Add Meat – This recipe can be made in a variety of ways. Feel free to add in chicken, seafood or beef to this recipe. This will make a delicious teriyaki stir fry serving over rice.
Recipe Tips for Stir Fried Veggies:
- Prepare Pan – We recommend heating oil or butter in a cast iron skillet. Feel free to use different types of oil that you prefer. Preheat pan over medium heat.
- Prepare Vegetables – To make this recipe even easier, prepare your vegetables ahead of time. You can place all your chopped vegetables in a air tight container. Then they will be ready to add to the skillet.
- Soy Sauce – For best results, we recommend using low sodium soy sauce. You can also substitute for tamari for a gluten free option.
What to Serve with Teriyaki Vegetables Recipe:
Teriyaki Vegetables is a delicious side dish or a main dish depending on how you want to serve it. When we make recipes on the flat top I like to make my entire meal on it for easy clean up.
- Cook Rice – This recipe is delicious white rice to serve with the teriyaki vegetables. We have even served over noodles, quinoa and more.
- Brown Rice – We love to serve this teriyaki vegetables with brown rice. It is healthier and is easy to make thanks to this microwave version.
- Grilled Meats – Serve these vegetables with your favorite grilled meats. We have made Grilled Chicken, Grilled Steak, and Grilled Seafood for a healthy side dish.
Can I Prepare in Advance?
This is a great recipe to prepare in advance. The way we recommend is by prepping your vegetables by washing and cutting then store in the fridge.
Then when you are ready to make this recipe, place the vegetables in the skillet and cook. You can even prepare the sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Teriyaki Vegetables:
For the Vegetables:
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
For the Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the broccoli and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender. Then add in the remaining vegetables to the skillet. Season the vegetables with the salt and pepper and sauté them for 3-4 more minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce ingredients. Pour this on top of the vegetables in the skillet. Toss to coat the veggies with the sauce mixture. Then cook for just a few more minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve topped with the sesame seeds and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe