This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Slow Cooker Ham is an easy way to cook your ham. The brown sugar glaze only requires 3 ingredients and it gives the ham so much flavor.
Slow Cooker Ham Recipe:
Make your ham in the slow cooker for a delicious and easy way to cook your ham. The ham comes out full of flavor and the slow cooker does all the work. Add the 3 ingredient brown sugar glaze for added sweet and salty flavor.
Slow Cooker ham is a great way to cook your holiday ham. It cooks in about 5 hours in the crockpot which frees up your oven space. The ham takes minutes to prepare, which make for the perfect meat to make this holiday season.
If you are looking for a delicious, tender ham recipe make this Slow Cooker Ham. Add your favorite sides and serve for a holiday meal or a weeknight meal. This ham is also great to use in many leftover ham recipes.
Can you heat up a Precooked Ham in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can place a precooked ham in the slow cooker and heat it. This is a quick and easy way to prepare your precooked ham. Depending on the size of your ham it can be heated within about 4 to 6 hours.
What kind of Ham to Cook in the Slow Cooker?
You can cook any type of ham in the slow cooker. Cooking a ham is probably the easiest meat to cook in the slow cooker.
There is very little prep work needed to cook a ham.
- Bone-in Ham
- Brown Sugar
- Pineapple Juice
How to Cook Ham in Slow Cooker:
- Step 1 – Add ham and glaze ingredients to slow cooker. Place the ham in a crock pot cut side down. Rub the ½ cups of brown sugar on the outside of the ham. Pour the honey and pineapple juice over the top of the ham.
- Step 2 – Cook Ham – Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F and the ham is tender. Cooking time will vary.
- Step 3 – Remove the Ham – Move the ham to a serving platter and cut the ham off of the bone. Remove and dispose of any excess fat. Then drizzle the excess sauce from the crock pot over the ham when serving. We like to let the ham rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
How Long do I Cook a Fully-Cooked Ham in the Slow Cooker:
Fully Cooked Ham doesn’t take long it will depend on how big of ham that you purchase. A smaller ham will take about 2 to 3 hours but a larger ham can take up to 4 hours.
If the ham does not fit into your crock pot. Cover the crock pot with heavy duty foil and tightly seal it around the edges. You can also cut portions of the ham off to make it fit into the crock pot.
We love using a bone-in ham for this recipe but you can also use this recipe with a spiral cut ham or a boneless ham as well.
Will Ham dry out in Crockpot?
To prevent the ham from drying out, we recommend cooking the ham on the low setting. This allows for the ham to cook low and slow which keeps it from drying out.
If you cook the ham on the high setting this could make the ham to dry out quicker.
What to Serve with Ham:
If you are looking for quick and easy side dishes, we have lots of delicious ideas to serve with ham. All of these ideas are guaranteed to be a hit and take very little time to make.
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes – It is so easy to make creamy and fluffy mashed potatoes from scratch. They are so delicious with ham.
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes – No need to buy the store bought mixes when you have this easy recipe. Scalloped potatoes are much better homemade.
- More Sides to try – If you are looking for the best Ham sides, check out all of these options.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Can you Freeze Ham?
You can freeze ham if you have have a lot of ham leftover. Freezing ham is a great way to save money and use the ham to make another meal. Check out Can You Freeze Ham to learn how to freeze ham.
How to Use Leftovers:
These easy recipes are so tasty that you will hope to have leftover ham. We love to turn leftovers into something new and yummy. These recipes make your leftover ham taste delicious.
- Ham and Cheese Sliders – This is recipe is always a family favorite. This is the perfect recipe to feed a crowd if you have family in for the holidays.
- Ham and Bean Soup – Utilize the ham bone to make this soup flavorful and amazing. Cubes of leftover ham make this soup so hearty and filling. It is a one pot meal full of the best flavors.
- Ham and Cheese Casserole – Add diced ham to our cheesy potato casserole for a a delicious dinner idea. It is the best ham and potato casserole. This would make a complete meal idea by adding ham to this casserole recipe.
Can you Reheat your Cooked Ham?
Leftover holiday ham is the best as it is easy to reheat or to use for leftovers. We eat on the ham for lunch or dinner the next few days after our holiday celebration. This is ham is easy to reheat by placing the oven.
You want to place your oven on low heat of 275 degrees and cover with foil. I usually use this method if I have a lot of ham leftovers.
You can use the Microwave to reheat the leftover ham, just make sure to not heat it to long as it could dry it out.
How Much Ham Per Person?
I usually do about 1 pound of ham per person. This allows for leftovers for many different recipes.
Print Recipe here for Slow Cooker Ham:
Slow Cooker Ham
- Place the ham in a crock pot cut side down. Rub the brown sugar on the outside of the ham. Pour the honey and pineapple juice over the top of the ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F and the ham is tender.
- Move the ham to a serving platter and cut the ham off of the bone. Remove and dispose of any excess fat. Then drizzle the excess sauce from the crock pot over the ham when serving. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Ham Recipes to try:
- Instant Pot Spiral Ham Recipe
- Crock Pot Ham and Cabbage Recipe
- Instant Pot Ham and Potato Soup Recipe