Make delicious instant pot ham in minutes thanks to the pressure cooker. The ham is tender and flavorful for a great meal.
Instant pot ham
Whether you are cooking ham for the next Holiday or want to make it for Sunday lunch, this easy instant pot ham is a great idea! You can’t go wrong with this recipe because it is so simple and easy.
We showed you how to make a Crockpot Spiral Ham recipe and now we have a great option for the pressure cooker. It is just as easy but takes less time for those days you need the ham ready fast.
Each bite is incredibly tender and loaded with flavor. The combination of pineapple and honey makes the ham so amazing.
- Spiral Ham
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Pineapple Juice
How to make Instant pot Ham:
First, place the trivet with the handles in an instant pot. We used the 8 quart size pressure cooker.
Second, add the water to the instant pot.
Next, place a large piece of foil on the counter. Put the ham in the middle of the foil and fold the sides up so that it makes a bowl for the ham.
Add the brown sugar all over the ham and rub it in. Now, it is time for the maple syrup or honey (whichever you decide to use) and the pineapple juice. Pour this all over the top of the ham being careful that it stays in the foil bowl you made.
Once the pineapple mixture is on the ham, secure the foil warp around the ham so the mixture stays inside the foil.
Finally, put the ham wrapped in the foil in the pressure cooker on top of the trivet.
Make sure to seal the instant pot.
How long to cook ham in the instant pot?
The ham needs to cook on high pressure for 2 minutes per pound of ham. Also, add 10 minutes to the total time because of the foil.
For example, I cooked a 7 pound ham and cooked it for 24 minutes.
Also, make sure that the ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes and then do a quick release after this time.
Finally, remove the ham from the instant pot and slice. Keep in mind the foil will be hot. Enjoy!
I used heavy duty foil around the ham so the extra 10 minutes was necessary. If you use regular foil, add only 5 minutes to the cooking time instead of 10 minutes.
What to serve with Instant pot Ham:
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- German Potato Salad
- Pressure Cooker Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe
- Brown Sugar Carrots Pressure Cooker recipe
- Green Bean Casserole
Any of these would be delicious. Just keep it simple!
What to do with leftover ham?
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Cabbage
- 15 Bean Soup with Ham
- Ham and Potato Soup Crockpot recipe
I love to cook once and eat twice. It saves a lot of time and helps to give my family delicious meals.
Plus, it saves money using leftovers but everyone thinks they are eating something new. It is a win all around!
More ideas for instant pot spiral ham:
- Add Dijon mustard and rub on the ham before the brown sugar.
- Substitute apple juice for pineapple juice. Orange juice is good too.
- Try adding pineapple to the ham. Either crushed or tidbits work great.
Everyone will enjoy Instant pot Spiral Ham Recipe!
Print this instant pot ham recipe below:
Instant Pot Spiral Ham
- 5-8 pound Spiral Ham
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Water
- Place the trivet with the handles in an 8 quart instant pot.
- Pour the water into the instant pot.
- Lay out a large piece of foil on the counter.
- Place the ham in the middle of the foil and fold up the sides of the foil to make a bowl for the ham. Rub the brown sugar over the ham and pour the maple syrup (or honey) and pineapple juice over the top making sure that all the ingredients stay in the foil.
- Secure the foil warp around the ham.
- Then place the foil wrapped ham in the instant pot on top of the trivet.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes per pound of ham and add 10 minutes because of the foil. (I cooked a 7 pound ham and cooked it for 24 minutes.) Make sure that the ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Then allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes and then do a quick release after this time.
- Carefully remove the ham from the instant pot (the foil will be hot) and slice. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe