This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make delicious instant pot ham in minutes thanks to the pressure cooker. The ham is tender and flavorful for a great meal.
Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham Recipe:
Whether you are cooking ham for the next Holiday or want to make it for Sunday lunch, this easy instant pot ham is a great idea! You can’t go wrong with this recipe because it is so simple and easy.
We showed you how to make a Crockpot Spiral Ham recipe and now we have a great option for the pressure cooker. It is just as easy but takes less time for those days you need the ham ready fast.
Each bite is incredibly tender and loaded with flavor. The combination of pineapple and honey makes the ham so amazing.
Do you have to use a Spiral Ham?
Yes. It is best for this recipe that you purchase a spiral ham. Buying a regular ham will not work for this recipe.
You will love cooking your bone in ham in the instant pot. It doesn’t dry it out and comes out warm all the way through the ham.
Are Spiral Hams pre-cooked?
A spiral ham is already cooked. You are just simply heating it in your instant pot and applying the glaze.
You just want to make sure that you are not over-heating the ham. It will turn very dry and the texture will be very dry.
You need a good Instant Pot:
Have you started cooking meals in your instant pot. It has been a game changer for my family. I can meal prep meals for the week and put them in the freezer. If I forget to set out the meal I can put it in the Instant Pot.
We love this Aura Instant Pot. I can brown my meat or use it as a crock pot. This is a great recipe to try out your instant pot. It will become your new way of making your spiral ham.
- Cooked Spiral Cut Ham
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Pineapple Juice
How to make Instant pot Ham:
It is so easy to prepare your pre-cooked ham for the Instant Pot. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
- First, place the trivet with the handles in an instant pot. We used the 8 quart size pressure cooker.
- Second, add the water to the instant pot.
- Next, place a large piece of foil on the counter. Put the ham in the middle of the foil and fold the sides up so that it makes a bowl for the ham.
- Add the brown sugar all over the ham and rub it in.
- Now, it is time for the maple syrup or honey (whichever you decide to use) and the pineapple juice.
- Pour this all over the top of the ham being careful that it stays in the foil bowl you made.
- Once the pineapple mixture is on the ham, secure the foil warp around the ham so the mixture stays inside the foil.
- Finally, put the ham wrapped in the foil in the pressure cooker on top of the trivet.
- Make sure to seal the instant pot.
How long to cook spiral ham in the instant pot?
- The ham needs to cook on high pressure for 2 minutes per pound of ham. Also, add 10 minutes to the total time because of the foil.
- For example, I cooked a 7 pound ham and cooked it for 24 minutes.
- Also, make sure that the ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for at least 10 minutes and then release the pressure after this time.
- Finally, remove the ham from the instant pot and slice. Keep in mind the foil will be hot. Enjoy!
Instant pot ham tips:
- I used heavy duty foil around the ham so the extra 10 minutes was necessary. If you use regular foil, add only 5 minutes to the cooking time instead of 10 minutes.
- You may need to increase your glaze amount depending on how big you ham is.
- Add in some extra spices like cinnamon, cloves or a little nutmeg to your glaze.
- You can use Maple Syrup instead of Honey. Use what you have on hand.
How to thicken the glaze:
If you would like to thicken your glaze here are some steps:
- Remove the ham from the Instant Pot.
- Turn the instant pot on to the sauté (or browning) setting.
- In a small bowl whisk together ½ cup cold water and 2 tablespoons corn starch.
- Whisk into the instant pot and simmer until thicken.
- Then brush on the ham slices.
What to serve with Instant pot Ham:
This Pressure Cooker Ham is perfect to serve during the week or for your favorite holiday dinner. Here are some of our favorite sides dishes:
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- German Potato Salad
- Brown Sugar Carrots Pressure Cooker recipe
- Green Bean Casserole
- Check out Best Side Dishes for Ham for more delicious ideas.
Any of these would be delicious. Don’t forget the dinner rolls. You can even make a bite size ham sandwiches. Just keep it simple.
Why we make Ham for the holidays?
Ham is not a ham that we fix through out the year. It is usually prepared during the holiday season. It pairs well with any meat that we are making.
Rather is a turkey on Thanksgiving or Prime Rib on Christmas. I always like to have ham as another option.
Ham goes with any of the sides that I am already preparing. Ham is great leftover too.
Can you freeze ham?
Yes! You can freeze ham. Freezing ham is perfect so you can save money and use the ham to make another meal. Check out Can You Freeze Ham? for easy tips.
What to do with leftover ham?
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Cabbage
- 15 Bean Soup with Ham
- Ham and Potato Soup Crockpot recipe
- My family loves to make ham and cheese omelets with the leftover ham. Dice in bite size pieces. Toss in your favorite veggies and you have a complete breakfast.
I love to cook once and eat twice. It saves a lot of time and helps to give my family delicious meals.
Plus, it saves money using leftovers but everyone thinks they are eating something new. It is a win all around!
Instant pot Spiral Ham Variations:
We love to do a variation for the spiral ham. Try some of our favorites:
- Add Dijon mustard and rub on the ham before the brown sugar.
- Substitute apple juice for pineapple juice. Orange juice is good too.
- Try adding pineapple to the ham. Either crushed or tidbits work great.
How to store leftover ham?
We love leftover ham. You use it for other recipes or eat it by itself. It will last for about one week in the refrigerator.
If you are going to freeze the leftover ham, make sure you store in a freeze safe container. It will last for about 2 months.
Everyone will enjoy Instant pot Spiral Ham Recipe!
Print this instant pot ham recipe below:
Instant Pot Spiral Ham
- Place the trivet with the handles in an 8 quart instant pot.
- Pour the water into the instant pot.
- Lay out a large piece of foil on the counter.
- Place the ham in the middle of the foil and fold up the sides of the foil to make a bowl for the ham. Rub the brown sugar over the ham and pour the maple syrup (or honey) and pineapple juice over the top making sure that all the ingredients stay in the foil.
- Secure the foil warp around the ham.
- Then place the foil wrapped ham in the instant pot on top of the trivet.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes per pound of ham and add 10 minutes because of the foil. (I cooked a 7 pound ham and cooked it for 24 minutes.) Make sure that the ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Then allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes and then do a quick release after this time.
- Carefully remove the ham from the instant pot (the foil will be hot) and slice. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe