This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot 15 Bean Soup with Ham is a great way to feed a crowd and stay on budget. The soup is so delicious and packed with flavor that everyone will want to come back for more.
Crock Pot 15 Bean Soup Recipe with Ham:
Let the slow cooker do all the work and enjoy this delicious 15 bean soup crock pot recipe. This is one of our favorite meals and just about everyone I know goes crazy over it.
The tomatoes and the chicken broth give the beans such a great flavor. Plus, the ham really makes this dish so flavorful.
I know you might be thinking can beans and ham really be that good? Yes! It is seriously so amazing!
Once you try it, you will see how tasty this meal is. It is truly a one pot meal and makes dinner time a breeze. This is one of our go to meals during busy seasons. I can toss it all in the crock pot in the morning and come home to dinner ready to enjoy.
I do not know what we would do without our slow cooker. It is such a huge help to get dinner served during busy weeknights.
Easy Crockpot 15 Bean Soup with Ham:
Slow Cooker Hurst’s hambeens 15 Bean with Ham is loaded with flavor. It is easy to make and the seasoning is simple too. This is the perfect soup to make with your leftover ham or ham bone.
This soup is creamy, delicious and one of my favorite crock pot soups to make. This soup is perfect for when you are feeding a crowd as it is so filling. Add a side of corn bread for a complete meal idea.
We love making black beans, soup and stews in the slow cooker. But this 15 bean soup with ham is one of our favorites.
- Package of 15 bean soup with seasoning packet
- Ham (Great time to use leftover ham. Check out our Leftover Ham Recipes)
- Minced Garlic
- Chili Powder
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Hot Sauce (optional)
How to Make 15 Bean Soup with Ham:
- Step 1 – Prepare Beans – Make sure you rinse and drain the beans first. Discard any debris.
- Step 2 – Add All Ingredients to slow cooker – Next, add the beans and seasoning packet to the crock pot.
- Step 3 – Add in Ham, onion, and broth – Now, it is time for the ham, onion and broth.
- Step 4 – Cover and Cook – Cover and cook all day until the beans are tender. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beans are tender. You can cook on high for 5 hours, but I prefer this recipe cooked on low.
- Step 5 – Stir and Serve – Once beans are tender. Stir and serve. Some people like a little kick by adding some hot sauce to their servings. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Slow Cooker 15 Bean Soup with Ham?
This 15 Bean Soup is rich and hearty and can easily be served as it. But we like to add our favorite bread options when make this delicious soups. These are some of our favorites.
- Homemade Cornbread – You are going to love this easy homemade cornbread recipe. Making cornbread from scratch isn’t as hard as you might think. This cornbread recipe is the perfect side dish to our favorite crock pot meal.
- Garlic Bread – We love make this easy garlic bread recipe for this crock pot meal. It is perfect to make sure we get every last drop of the broth.
- Homemade Biscuits – Homemade biscuits are easy to make and perfect for adding butter to the top. We love to serve them hot straight from them oven.
Can you Freeze 15 bean soup?
Yes, you absolutely can. I always hope we have leftovers so I can freeze a few smaller portions. It is perfect to enjoy for lunches during the week or a quick dinner later. You can use small freezer containers or ziplock bags.
One thing I really like about the bags is the ability to freeze things flat. It is a space saver if you don’t have much room in your freezer.
Make sure to cool completely before storing. This 15 bean soup will last about 3 months in the freezer if stored properly.
How long to Cook 15 Bean Soup:
We recommend cooking the 15 bean soup on low for about 7-8 hours. You can also cook on high for about 5 hours. Cooking time will vary based on your crock pot.
I recommend starting them first thing in the morning and they will be ready for dinner. I like to taste test a spoonful of beans before serving.
Cooking beans in the slow cooker is my favorite way to make this bean soup mix. Everything gets tossed in the slow cooker and they cook perfectly. We recommend cleaning and removing bad pinto beans or dirt from the batch.
Do I need Soak 15 Bean Soup Mix?
There is no need to soak these bean soup mix prior to cooking. We recommend rinsing the beans and removing any debris from the mix. Then toss everything in the slow cooker and cook on low or high for a delicious soup.
How to Thicken Ham and Bean Soup:
You can use flour and water to thicken the soup. Cornstarch and water also is another way to thicken the soup.
Flour and cornstarch are great options to thicken the soup. But you can also remove some of the broth and take about a cup of the beans out of the soup. Then mash those beans and stir them back into the soup.
This helps to thicken the soup for delicious flavor.
- Ham – This recipe is great to throw in your leftover ham. Use a ham bone in this recipe or dice up leftover ham for added flavor.
- Chicken Broth – We love the flavor of the chicken broth gives this recipe. But you can easily use water instead.
- Seasoning – We used simple seasoning in this recipe that you can get at the grocery store. If adding in the ham bone, you may need to adjust the salt ingredients. The ham will give you soup lots of salt taste.
- Beans – No need to soak the dried beans prior to adding to the slow cooker. Just rinse them and remove any debris.
- Lemon Juice – Feel free to squeeze in lemon juice prior to serving.
- Slow Cooking – We recommend cooking this crock pot soup recipe on low. The beans cook perfectly and we love to start this recipe first thing in the morning.
Can I use a Ham Bone in this Soup Recipe?
Yes, using a ham bone or ham hocks is great way to add flavor to this soup. When we make a holiday ham, I always save the ham bone to use in this recipe.
How to Store Leftovers:
This bean soup recipe is easy to store. Place in an air tight container and store in the fridge. We recommend storing in individual containers for a quick lunch the next day.
If stored properly, the soup will last about 4 days.
Print Crock Pot 15 Bean Soup with Ham recipe:
Crock Pot 15 Bean Soup with Ham
- Rinse beans and drain. Sort out any unwanted debris.
- Place the beans and the seasoning packet in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the ham, onion, seasoning, and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beans are tender. You can cook on high for 5 hours, but I prefer this recipe cooked on low.
- Once beans are tender. Stir and serve. Some people like a little kick by adding some hot sauce to their servings.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More crock pot soup recipes:
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Crockpot Creamy Taco Soup
- Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Ham and Potato Soup Crock pot Recipe