This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Who is ready for Summer and the 4th of July!? Last year we made the cutest red, white, and blue drink – both for adults and kids. Today I thought I would show you how to make this kid friendly red, white, and blue drink.
Easy 4th of July Drink:
This red, white and blue layered drink is easy to make. Perfect for any party or get together for independence day! It is also great for Memorial Day. See 97 of The Best Memorial Day Food Ideas.
This Patriotic Drink can be fun for all ages. We love serving fun drinks we have a family gathering, and this is one of our favorites. If you are having an adult party, you can even add alcohol.
How to Make the Layers:
The key to this recipe is to pour SLOWLY. I like to slowly pour the ingredients over the back of a spoon. To make sure that it’s as slow as possible. You can also pour over an ice cube but I find that pouring over the back of a spoon works best.
I layer the ingredients in the glass with the highest sugar content on the bottom of the glass. That’s why I prefer to use G2 in this recipe instead of regular gatorade. G2 has less sugar; therefore, it does a great job of staying on the top of the glass in this recipe.
If you are using different ingredients for this recipe. You can mix your bottom layer with simple syrup to increase the sugar content. To make sure this layer stays at the bottom of the glass.
Ingredients for The Best 4th of July drink:
You only need 3 ingredients to make this easy 4th of July drink with perfect layers every single time.
I have tried a bunch of different ingredients for this drink recipe. I have found that these ingredients work the best to make this layered drink recipe.
- Cranapple Juice
- Sobe Elixir Pina Colada – You can buy it at almost any store or on Amazon
- Blue G2 Gatorade
How to Make Red White and Blue Drink:
- Step 1 – First make sure that all ingredients are well chilled. Then fill a glass ¼ of way with ice.
- Step 2 – Next pour the cranapple juice just to ⅓ way up the cup. Then place the glasses in a freezer for minimum of 30 minutes or until ice layer has formed. On red layer of liquid within the glass. Note: It won’t take as long if the glasses are smaller.
- Step 3 – Once you remove the glasses from the freezer. Fill the remaining potion of the glasses to the top with ice. Then gently pour the Pina Colada (by pouring over the back of a spoon). Poor over the ice filled glass to 2/3 way up.
- Step 4 – Then place the glasses in the freezer again. For approximately 20 minutes or until ice layer has formed over the white layer in the glass.
- Step 5 – Finally gently fill the remaining space in the glass with G2 by pouring over the back of a spoon. This process will create the perfect red, white and blue layers every single time.
- Step 6 – Your end result is this beautiful layered drink. The kids love this special treat for 4th of July. You will surely impress your guests with this layered drink.
Now if you are making these for a crowd. I highly suggest you use a cookie sheet so you can easily transfer several glasses to and from the freezer.
With some time, you can have a fun and festive drink for the whole family.
How to Garnish the Fourth of July Drink:
Feel free to add in maraschino cherry, strawberries or blueberries to the drink for added flavor. Top the drink with whipped cream for a delicious twist.
Here are a few other options that you can use for the layers on this drink.
However, I have tasted all these before and the ones in the recipe definitely work the best. But these are good alternates if these ingredients are not available in your area.
Use the following ingredients for the red layer:
- Fruit Punch
- Hawaiian Punch
- Cranberry Cocktail
You can use the following ingredients for the white layer:
- Simple Syrup
You can use the following ingredients for the blue layer:
- Regular Blue Gatorade
- Blue Powerade Zero
Red White and Blue Cocktail Drink:
If you are hosting an adult July 4th gathering, make this drink with alcohol. This makes a delicious summer cocktail recipes.
- Start by adding grenadine to this glass with ice.
- Then place ice in a cocktail shaker with vodka and lemonade and shake.
- Then gently pour this white layer over the grenadine.
- To create the blue layered cocktail, gently pour blue curacao over the white layer.
- Other red, white and blue cocktail ingredients to add. Club Soda, Tequila, rums, blue sangria, or white wine are all options. You can also make jello shots with these ingredients.
Print recipe for this red white and blue drink:
How to make Red, White, and Blue Drink
- 1 cup Cranapple Juice
- 1 cup Sobe Elixir Pina Colada
- 1 cup Blue G2 Gatorade
- Make sure all ingredients are well chilled.
- Fill glass ¼ of way with ice.
- Fill with cranapple juice just to ⅓ way up.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until ice layer has formed on red layer.
- Fill to top with ice
- Gently fill with pina colada by pouring over the back of a spoon to 2/3 way up.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes or until ice layer has formed on white layer.
- Gently fill with G2 by pouring over the back of a spoon rest of way up.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Red White and Blue Ideas:
- 4th of July Poke Cake Recipe
- Red White and Blue Crinkle Cake Mix Cookies
- American Flag Cake
- Red White and Blue Bark Recipe
- 4th of July Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Red White and Blue Rice Krispie Treats
- July 4th Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Check out our huge list of Memorial Day Desserts for more red white and blue ideas.