You only need 5 ingredients to make these delicious 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies. Not only are they unbelievably easy, they’re irresistible. These cake mix cookies are one of the best 4th of July desserts, ever.
Fun and Festive Fireworks Cookies:
You all know I love a good cake mix cookie recipe and this 4th of July Cake mix Cookies Recipe is no different. They are super moist, super easy, and packed full of flavor.
In fact, I made these easy cookies with my 9 year old niece and she practically did it all on her own. They are the perfect July celebration cookies to enjoy at all your gatherings.
They are the perfect chewy cookies for kids to make and enjoy. Plus they are super festive for the 4th of July without doing a lot of work. That is a win-win in my book.
You only need 5 ingredients so let’s get started!
See more Easy 4th of July Cookies.
Ingredients for 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies:
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Red White and Blue M&Ms
How to Make 4th of July Cookies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Mix together Ingredients – In a large bowl mix dry ingredients, cake mix, oil and eggs. The batter will be pretty thick.
- Step 3 – Add in Candy – Fold in the red and blue M&M.
- Step 4 – Add to baking sheet – Place on baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between cookie dough balls.
- Step 5 – Bake Cookies – Bake in a preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Step 6 – Cool and Serve – Allow to cool completely on wire rack and then serve.
Tips for Fourth of July Cookies:
- Cookie Scoop – We recommend using a cookie scoop to place the batter on the baking sheet.
- Prepare Baking Sheet – Place parchment paper on the baking sheet for easy cleanup.
- Combining Ingredients – We recommend combining the ingredients in a medium bowl by hand, stand mixer or a hand mixer. Mix on medium speed and the cookie mixture will be thick.
- Change the Add-ins – Instead of using M&M’s you can easily use red, white and blue sprinkles. Add in white chocolate chips for a delicious chocolate chip cookies options.
- Sugar Cookies – You can also make this July Sugar Cookies with these fun M&Ms. You can make them from scratch or use a sugar cookie mix.
- Change the Cake Mix – We used a chocolate cake mix, but you can use any flavor.
- Make homemade cookie dough – If you prefer you can Fourth of July Cookies with a homemade cookie dough mix. But it does require more ingredients such as brown sugar, white sugar, flour and vanilla extract.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container. These treat will last up to 4 days if stored properly.
Print 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Recipe:
Quick and Easy 4th of July Cake mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup red white and blue m&ms
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix everything except the m&ms. (Batter will be thick).
- Fold in the m&ms.
- Place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More 4th of July Desserts:
- 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwich recipe
- 4th of July Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- Red White and Blue Crinkle Cake Mix Cookies
- 4th of July Icebox Cake
- American Flag Cookie Cake Recipe